What do yo want in Mysteries of magic,book2:Dark Magicks?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do yo want in Mysteries of magic,book2:Dark Magicks?

Unread post by gaby »

What do you want in Mysteries of magic,book2:dark magicks?

I like to see The Pact Witch get Magic limited like the Ones in Nightbane,book3:Through the Glass Darkly.
if ther Dark master is displease,the Witch can be Punish with a Limited and need to make a number of sacrifices before they are free of the them or they limited is link to the Demon or AI they made the deal with.

What Rifts Necromancer,s spell conver for PFrpg?

If you think the Pact Witch,s get ther own unique spells?
pblackcrow
Champion

Re: What do yo want in Mysteries of magic,book2:Dark Magicks

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Necromancer's spells, more summoner circles magic, more dark faerie, also a few new classes, plus some ORIGINAL common spells, a new and better take on dark priests, dark paladins, and maybe a half demon RCC.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Ninjabunny wrote:I just want the book to come out.

Beat me to it.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by arouetta »

I want to know more about sex magic. Do you do fun stuff to get the magic, or does the effects of the magic act like fertility magic on the recipient? Either way, could be fun in the wrong hands.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Cinos wrote:

Beat me to it.

seconds both of the above.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

arouetta wrote:I want to know more about sex magic. Do you do fun stuff to get the magic, or does the effects of the magic act like fertility magic on the recipient? Either way, could be fun in the wrong hands.

reminded me of one of the funnier questions I saw asked in a Dragon magazine. (Might have been a dungeon magazine)
Can you have sex in a roleplaying game, and if so how do you do it.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/28468362/Book ... ic-Fantasy

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/2814/Ency ... ology?it=1

There have been other incarnations but I haven't found them.
I once created an uber powerful staff, if could do all sorts of things, and some of them were specific to the campaign but I didn't want them used all the time, so I made the staff not let him use the powers unless he used the blue magic spells on himself for the staffs enjoyment. The staff was male, he was male, and also slightly homophobic. Lets just say the powers were used very rarely, except for the times someone else would play his character, the other guy didn't care so would cut loose, to him it was only words, but on the whole it was one of the funnier ways I used to limit an items power.

OT: I would like the Necromancer to be more of a classic necromancer so dark magic would be good. But on the whole getting anything released for PF is an issue.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

I think the RIFTS Necromancer Bone Magic made the class infinitely more interesting and fun to play, converting (and expanding) that would be my primary interest in the book.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Cinos wrote:

Beat me to it.

Thirded
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
pblackcrow
Champion

arouetta wrote:I want to know more about sex magic. Do you do fun stuff to get the magic, or does the effects of the magic act like fertility magic on the recipient? Either way, could be fun in the wrong hands.

You might want to check out: http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Rifts/Rifts ... Ritual.htm
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

MADMANMIKE wrote:I think the RIFTS Necromancer Bone Magic made the class infinitely more interesting and fun to play, converting (and expanding) that would be my primary interest in the book.

Agreed, although I would like a bit more than that.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Cannibal magic expanded with spells and made canon.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

relicandcheese wrote:I would like to see the Priest of Darkness cleaned up a bit. I'm confused about how a god's servent can aquire spells the god doesn't know. For example, Amon, the Hidden One does not have any spell magic (page 158 Dragons and Gods), so how can she bestow any of the spells listed on page 70 of the PFRPG under the Priest of Darkness description?

It's not lost on me that they are gods, and get a very large margin of flexibilty. But the god's descriptions suggest they are not omnipotent. It just made things a little confusing while rolling the character up.

It's not that uncommon for gods to be able to grant spells that they can't themselves cast, there are gods in AD&D that are in similar positions either because the gods themselves have no spell-casting ability other than what goes with their godly portfolio or their cleric/wizard levels are actually lower than the levels their priests can achieve.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

relicandcheese wrote:I would like to see the Priest of Darkness cleaned up a bit. I'm confused about how a god's servent can aquire spells the god doesn't know. For example, Amon, the Hidden One does not have any spell magic (page 158 Dragons and Gods), so how can she bestow any of the spells listed on page 70 of the PFRPG under the Priest of Darkness description?

It's not lost on me that they are gods, and get a very large margin of flexibilty. But the god's descriptions suggest they are not omnipotent. It just made things a little confusing while rolling the character up.

I made I slight change there for Priests, this is for first ed but would work for second
Players can either be warrior priests or caster priests, and it does depend on the god for either.

Caster priests do everything as normal except they can only take hth non men at arms (or hth basic)

Warrior Priests don't get to pick spells but they can take hth soldier, merc, thief or in special cases knight so (hth expert with a couple of gods give hth knight)

(also in my game only the fighting classes hth styles give auto parry, hth non men at arms does not, the magic users wouldn't have had enough time to practice fighting until parrying became an automatic reflex, they were to busy studying their spells/god/demon)

The another change I made was they could only pick from the spells the god knows, but that includes the elemental ones as well (i.e. worship RA, pick fire elemental spells etc)

I would like to see the necromancer expanded as I included most of what the necromancer can do into the shaman, as attaching all those things to your body struck me as more shamanic then necromantic and run necromancers as dark priest/wizards
Starmage21
Adventurer

Unread post by Starmage21 »

Summoners and Diabolists need to be cleaned up badly, and need some love. This should be priority #1.
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

SDC Necromancers fully filled out.

Priests of Darkness.

Witches, pacts, becoming a demon, ect.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

zyanitevp wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Cinos wrote:

Beat me to it.

Thirded

This and LotD3.
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

But do you really want just any LoTD3? It's highly unlikely the LoTD3 written by the same author as 1&2 is ever going to see light, so would you rather see a LoTD3 written by a different author, or would you rather a different author get a shot with an new book?
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

gaby wrote:What do you want in Mysteries of magic,book2:dark magicks?

Surprises. Good ones.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Proper editing, no sentence fragments, and possibly meshing well with everything else printed to date.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Some Wards and Circles, information and clarifications on them (can you pre-carve a ward, can an unenergized ward be moved, under what circumstances CAN a ward be moved, can wards affect circles, etc.) Especially useful would be the various spells/wards/circles that have been used in various books (and thus potentially available to PCs) that don't have stats (Wards of Pox, Sight, Stone for instance, or the Circle of Suspended animation) I would also like some (more) examples of the stuff from the time of a thousand magics that are NOT full schools (it is mentioned that many of the 'thousand magics' were likely just variations (see LoB for examples).
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
pblackcrow
Champion

A bit more shadow magic.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I wouldn't want any wards unless they were specifically dark in nature. Save them for book 3. Same with circles.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

MADMANMIKE wrote:I think the RIFTS Necromancer Bone Magic made the class infinitely more interesting and fun to play, converting (and expanding) that would be my primary interest in the book.

The bone magic stuff did help a lot gave necros some very necro type powers and the enchanted bone items are useful but not over powering and very much in character for necromancers.

If there is one thing I would like to see though would be at least one or two solid necromancer attack spells. They have a bunch of stuff that gives debuffs but they are pretty limited in pure attack spells that do damage. They should have some kind of poison/disease/rotting type damage spell. I was messing around writing up a heroic necro for a mexican campaign in rifts and it just struck me as a bit odd that for such a dark aggressive type of spell caster they don't have that many good pure attack spells.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

There is a netbook for all your needs (well at least ideas), for necromancers I suggest the tome of the damned
http://www.padnd.com/downloads.php?fold ... Rib29rcw==
Last edited by kiralon on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by arouetta »

If you take the spells from Mystic Russia and clean them up a bit (take out MDC, make a ruling on conflicting descriptions, etc) and throw in the Book of Bygone Spirits from LoB, you've got a character that has no further need for any enhancement. I made the mistake of allowing that combination in my game. :?
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

arouetta wrote:If you take the spells from Mystic Russia and clean them up a bit (take out MDC, make a ruling on conflicting descriptions, etc) and throw in the Book of Bygone Spirits from LoB, you've got a character that has no further need for any enhancement. I made the mistake of allowing that combination in my game. :?

Sounds like quite the story...
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Rather than bump the February/March thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=142477 will reply here instead...

What I would REALLY like to see is a clarification on the familiar issue. Palladium has never been consistent within a single book, much less across several books, regarding how familiars and witches work, except in the initial PRPG. Back then it was very simple, minor pacts got a normal familiar, major pacts got a demon familiar. In both cases, at second level.

The power/magic/union split jumbled this all up. It gave a bunch of weird explanations and wasn't consistent in NPC examples. They say that Union guys don't need familiars to anchor the essence, yet a union NPC gets a familiar. They say both power/magic guys need familiars for anchors, yet only magic lists them under powers and a power NPC doesn't have a familiar listed.

It mentions not restoring familiars as punishment if they die, yet mentions nothing about the witch losing their powers if this happens.

All this should be cleared up. I want Palladium, in Dark Magicks, to admit to the inconsistencies regarding witches, and them come up with a clear unified stance for how they work across the Megaverse.

I also want a table of contents for every single entity with a named witch NPC, and every entity besides that who is capable of making them, and a list of AIs/demon lords who CAN'T make them.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Tor wrote:Rather than bump the February/March thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=142477 will reply here instead...

What I would REALLY like to see is a clarification on the familiar issue. Palladium has never been consistent within a single book, much less across several books, regarding how familiars and witches work, except in the initial PRPG. Back then it was very simple, minor pacts got a normal familiar, major pacts got a demon familiar. In both cases, at second level.

The power/magic/union split jumbled this all up. It gave a bunch of weird explanations and wasn't consistent in NPC examples. They say that Union guys don't need familiars to anchor the essence, yet a union NPC gets a familiar. They say both power/magic guys need familiars for anchors, yet only magic lists them under powers and a power NPC doesn't have a familiar listed.

It mentions not restoring familiars as punishment if they die, yet mentions nothing about the witch losing their powers if this happens.

All this should be cleared up. I want Palladium, in Dark Magicks, to admit to the inconsistencies regarding witches, and them come up with a clear unified stance for how they work across the Megaverse.

I also want a table of contents for every single entity with a named witch NPC, and every entity besides that who is capable of making them, and a list of AIs/demon lords who CAN'T make them.

Where are the NPC's you're getting confused about? Page numbers and books.. And why would you think that a witch loses their powers if they lose their familiar? Nowhere does it say in the book that their powers are dependent upon the familiar..

Dark Magicks is going to be a Palladium Fantasy book, not a Megaverse Sourcebook. I wouldn't hold my breath for Palladium to unify multiple settings in this book. Megaverse doesn't mean one rule set for all settings, it means similar character creation in all settings that allows for easy adaption to other settings and their setting specific rules.
Last edited by MADMANMIKE on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Something along the lines of Mystically Bestowed Abilities but with Powers toned down for that setting.
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Write your own, PB will never publish anything like that
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

J.L. Duncan wrote:
Svartalf wrote:

Write your own, PB will never publish anything like that

I hope you're right. Unfortunately, there was a blurb released by Palladium Books in that "Sex Magic" :roll: would be included in one of the books. Though I can't rightfully recall which one at this moment...

Will look for it later, unless someone beats me to it.

MoM1 pg 28 (under elves), 67(under available special spells)
There might be a couple other references in the book as well.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

pblackcrow wrote:Necromancer's spells, more summoner circles magic, more dark faerie, also a few new classes, plus some ORIGINAL common spells, a new and better take on dark priests, dark paladins, and maybe a half demon RCC.

All the above sounds good to me. I doubt there will be a half-anything RCC though, that's not really Palladiums style. I'd also like a few more Star Magic spells, for the Zodiac Mage (though I realize if I ever see that, it would more likely be in a Rifter. Still, I can want it at least).

I'd also like to see some Amy Ashbaugh art in the book. Especially concerning magic users and Demons/undead/monsters. That subject matter seems to suit her extremely well I think. I've been wanting more or her art in Palladium Fantasy since the Zodiac Mage piece in Rifter 50.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

:-) I say, Rifter 50, old boy. The one with all the 'official' source material stuff in it.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Everyone is interested in Sex Magic.

Imagine our surprise when all it turns out to be is non-erotic stuff like gender-swapping spells, spells to induce/prevent miscarriage/conception, spells that enhance stereotyped gender-based attributes (+PS to males, +PB to females, etc.) spells to determine the survival of only 1 gender in a womb, how to exclusively target 1 gender with magic, immaculate demon conception spell, etc.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Nobody is capable of convincing me of their disinterest through mere testimony, nothing personal :)
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

I will be happy with ANY new canon magic. Especially if its like Shadow Magic, or Ice/Cold Magic and can be learned by more than a rare new OCC. ESPECIALLY in the Palladium world there should be bits and fragments of hundreds of schools of magic.

Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Agreed. Many lost and secret fragments from the time of a thousand magics for adventurers who may dig up a little of the past.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Starmage21 wrote:Summoners and Diabolists need to be cleaned up badly, and need some love. This should be priority #1.

You leave my summoner class alone! They are the BEST completely broken class in the game. Nothing about a summoner needs fixing.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Actually, one thing to fix about Summoners would be to increase their amount of minions to their PRPG levels where you could have 1 greater and 2 lesser simultaneously at level 4. Instead of this either/or nonsense that PFRPG2ndEd introduced.

Summoners should be better at managing minions than Shifters, and right now Shifters are better, and that's wrong.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

How could I forget -

Cannibal magic expanded with spell casting included and made canon. Then new stuff!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

I want more complete details on the Alchemist class. I know, it's supposed to be NPC only, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be properly kitted out and expanded upon.
asbjorn
D-Bee
Comment: Rifter Contributor

Unread post by asbjorn »

Shadow Magic or any other Forgotten or Forbidden O.C.C./spell list.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

wyrmraker wrote:I want more complete details on the Alchemist class. I know, it's supposed to be NPC only, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be properly kitted out and expanded upon.

Manuscript had 6624 words on the alchemist class, 2126 of new magic items and such, and 2085 on Rune Magic.

asbjorn wrote:Shadow Magic or any other Forgotten or Forbidden O.C.C./spell list.

And an entire OCC of Shadow Magic, along with a summary of several types of Rifts and/or rare magic and what place they might have in Palladium fantasy; lost and exotic magics is 918 words (witchcraft is over 5300 words, but some of that is repeated phrases in the powers).
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Library Ogre

Also done in the manuscript.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Library Ogre

Starmage21 wrote:Summoners and Diabolists need to be cleaned up badly, and need some love. This should be priority #1.

Both got an entire chapter to themselves; they are chapters 4 and 5 in the manuscript.

All Palladium Articles
Library Ogre

Lukterran wrote:

You leave my summoner class alone! They are the BEST completely broken class in the game. Nothing about a summoner needs fixing.

Oh, I bet I could change your mind. The stuff I wrote makes them far more flexible.

All Palladium Articles
asbjorn
D-Bee
Comment: Rifter Contributor

Unread post by asbjorn »

That all sounds great. I will be very happy when it is published.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Mark Hall didn't address my points :p
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Library Ogre

Vrykolas2k wrote:Mark Hall didn't address my points :p

I'm only a writer, not a miracle worker.

All Palladium Articles
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Mark Hall wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:Mark Hall didn't address my points :p

I'm only a writer, not a miracle worker.

:lol: :lol:
I was just kidding.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”