*Spoilers* Project Revealed: Progress Updates

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prysus
Champion

*Spoilers* Project Revealed: Progress Updates

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. For those who don't know, I've been working on a PF project that I'm going to attempt to have published (once I finish it). Before I go into those details, I want to say a few things first.

1: Due to legal reasons, I can't accept suggestions or requests on the project. So please, keep them to yourselves. If you cannot, please refrain from reading. This is not designed to be rude, but an attempt to safe guard myself and the project. Suggestions/requests will only hurt the project, not help (despite any intent).

2: If I start to see suggestions/requests appear within this thread, I will stop reading/following it and that'll be the end of the updates. So if you want updates to continue, see #1.

3: Kevin knows of the project (and I've talked to him about some of my ideas), but that does NOT mean any of this is guaranteed to see print yet. Even if some of these ideas see print, others may not. While I'll try my best to remain vague, try to keep in mind none of this is a promise of seeing print.

4: I don't think anything I mention here should be a problem. Dark Elf talks about his Lopanic Games, and other freelancers talk of their projects as well. As a result, I don't think anything I say here should be a problem. However, I need to be careful about walking that line, so please try not to keep that in mind if you ask any questions.

5: There are some who don't want to see/know the updates, so please keep this in mind before repeating any information found here in another thread.

With all of that said, I will now begin to disclose some information on the project. So, without further ado ...

-----

Project: Land of the South Winds (yes, someone is working on this).

Progress: 40% (?) complete. I've finished approximately 60 print pages. Note: Rough estimate only.

Estimated Page Count: 124 pages (maybe more). Note: It started off as 96 or so, then up to 112, and that page count just keeps going up. This isn't my need to keep adding extra content, but the fact the project is bigger than anything I've ever attempted before and I'm horrible at estimating. The last time I did a check of how much work I did, it started to look like it'll go to an even higher page count.

Resources: In addition to my original ideas, I've referenced PF2 main book, PF Book 2: Old Ones, PF Book 3: Adventures on the High Seas (first and second editions), PF Book 7: Yin-Sloth Jungles, PF Book 8: Western Empire, PF Book 10: Mount Nimro, and PF Book 12: Library of Bletherad. I'm doing my best to keep true to ALL these sources, even attempting to string together any existing contradictions. I spent a month or two researching these, and even scrapped a few of my original ideas in an attempt to keep true to the official material. Note: I'm aware of Rifter #15 and Rifter #27, and will keep them in mind but neither are official and that doesn't mean I'll be using anything from them.

Content: This book will include both toys and setting information. For toys we'll have new O.C.C. (some new, some updated or reprinted for convenience), new monsters, new weapons, and a few other fun surprises. For setting we'll have a timeline, culture notes (see Rifter #55 for an idea of how I handle culture write-ups), several areas including cities and towns (estimating about 14 when combined), important NPC, and a few adventures.

Objective: To make a complete sourcebook/world book that requires only the main book and this book to play. While some information won't be included (like I'm not going to include all the ship information from Adventures on the High Seas, I'm going to keep it mostly land based, with only mention of the sea stuff and reference AotHS for the sea based stuff), I've tried to include as much information as possible even from other books. This means (at times) information will be reprinted. However, I've kept that to a minimum, and the intent is to expand on that information and/or to prevent the reader from needing 5 different books to play the setting.

Additional Notes: City write-ups and adventures aren't something I have much experience in (i'm confident I can muddle through). My layout might also be a little shakey and something I'm trying to iron out (I think I'll have better luck with a good layout after I finish everything else).

Updates Up 'Til Now: I have 90% of the O.C.C., monsters, weapons, timeline, and culture already finished. I have like 1 monster to finish, a section on weapons to finish, a few names to add to the timeline (I put in generic titles that needs to get cleaned up), about 3 more special O.C.C. to finish, and whatever else I suddenly get inspiration for along the way. This is the 60% progress. The cities/towns, NPC, and adventures still needs to be written out (almost entirely, I've probably only finished about 5%), but already planned out and outlined. I know what I need to do, I just need to do it.

Current Status: On temporary hold. I've just been busy with work, and in April I'll be moving 2,000 miles to a new state. That's been taking up most of my time and energy right now. I still have the ideas, and think about it every week. I just need to get stabilized and get some free time.

Inspiration Notes: I've been working on a PF sourcebook since June 2012. After a few months of working on that project, I had an idea I started working on. The idea was only meant to take a few days (figured a week tops) to work on, just for fun. That idea quickly snowballed into a full Land of the South Winds book. I was having some trouble with the other book (yet to be disclosed) anyways, and ever since I've started the Land of the South Winds I've had more ideas for the original idea. From time to time, I still work on the other project. However, while the other project may be fun, I believe the Land of the South Winds is far more necessary/essential for PF.
Last edited by Prysus on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: *Spoilers* Project Revealed: Progress Updates

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Prysus wrote:Dark Elf talks about his Lopanic Games

Finished & submitted btw.

Can't wait for the book. Hope you get some time between moving & life duties. Keep the updates coming. :ok:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

The Dark Elf wrote:

Can't wait for the book. Hope you get some time between moving & life duties. Keep the updates coming. :ok:

Sweet! Um ... I mean ... Greetings and Salutations. I'm glad to hear it's finished and submitted. Maybe we'll get a new PF book released this year yet! Unlikely with their release schedule, I know, but I can hope. Have a great day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Prysus wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

Sweet! Um ... I mean ... Greetings and Salutations. I'm glad to hear it's finished and submitted. Maybe we'll get a new PF book released this year yet! Unlikely with their release schedule, I know, but I can hope. Have a great day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Co-inside with the next Olympics perhaps. Stop posting and go write something windy. :bandit:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I will purchase this LOTSW book the day it is released! Same for Phi and Lopan.

Any setting books, GM books, or anything for Palladium Fantasy I will buy right away! No question about it. Look forward to hearing more about this project.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Prysus wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

Co-inside with the next Olympics perhaps. Stop posting and go write something windy. :bandit:

Greetings and Salutations. Coinciding with the Olympics would actually be pretty cool. As for my stop posting, well ... I was going to post in your Post a Day thread over in the POH section, but forget it now. :lol: Though, since you insisted ...

Update: I just cleaned up the timeline, added a section to the cultures (that I had forgotten about), and finished up the weapon section (I think). Those three sections (with the exception of editing) should be finished now. I might be about 1 page of work added all together. Not much, but work that needed to be done.

P.S. I'm not sure if you calling me "windy" is because I talk to much, or because I live in the Windy City. :P Though since you're from across the pond, you probably don't know the Windy City part. ;)

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Excellent for you Prysus :ok: Keeps us informed please :)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Prysus wrote: I was going to post in your Post a Day thread over in the POH section, but forget it now. :lol: Though, since you insisted ...

NO!! Post away. How else will we get to playtest your LotSW material?! (& and have a beer?)

Prysus wrote:P.S. I'm not sure if you calling me "windy" is because I talk to much, or because I live in the Windy City. :P Though since you're from across the pond, you probably don't know the Windy City part. ;)

Land of the South winds = write something "windy", south windy.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Please tell me you're making it the orient.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

pblackcrow wrote:Please tell me you're making it the orient.

Greetings and Salutations. I read this shortly after it was posted, but decided to wait a few hours so I can respond without being rude (or that is my hope). I've suspected this topic was coming and the short answer is: No. The long answer is ...

1: Depends on what you consider the "Orient."* There are many aspects to the Orient. However, I will NOT be making this Palladium Fantasy Japan and/or China. Just no. I'm a firm believer that this shouldn't be just Earth with elves and dwarves, and I'm going to do my best to make sure it's something different. Can I guarantee it'll all be brand new never heard of before material? No. Nothing is truly original in this day and age. However, I'm going to try and make it different, and do so in an entertaining way.

* Note: Do NOT answer what you consider the Orient. Don't. This goes back to Rule #1 (in the original post). If, for example, you say you see katanas as part of your Orient and expect to see them in the setting, all you'd be doing is ensuring that I do NOT include them (even if I had planned to originally) due to legal reasons. So, if you want to see some aspect included, keep quiet on it and hope for the best. That's your BEST chance to see it included. I won't be including katanas, which is why I felt free to use it in this example. So please, please, please do NOT say what parts of the Orient you expect to see, because that'll just screw everyone over (myself, as well as other fans).

2: Kevin never imagined the Land of the South Winds as the Orient. I've heard him mention that, and that can even be found on these forums mentioned by Greg Diaczyk (author of the Palladium Orient article in Rifter #27, as well as Lemuria) where he mentions (after writing the article) Kevin mentioned to him about it being more like India (I've actually heard Kevin say "Middle East"). Note: This does NOT mean I'll make it like the India or Middle East either, just that it's something Kevin has mentioned.

3: I dont' see it as the Orient (never have), and I won't write something I don't care about. With that said, I know some fans see the South Winds as the Orient. With that in mind, I've included a few aspects into the book. I won't say which aspects. So even though I will NOT make it the Orient, I'll be including in a few nods to that concept for those fans. The same way I intend to include a few aspects of the Middle East due to Kevin. Again, do not say (or request) which aspects you want to see included. No good will come of it.

Anyways, hopefully that answers your question (the best I can under the circumstances of not being able to say much at all). I know I won't be able to please everyone. The best I can do is try to make it something everyone can still enjoy and try to please as many as I can, myself included (and Palladium most importantly, because if I don't please them this book won't see print at all!). Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Prysus wrote:[justify]

Greetings and Salutations. I read this shortly after it was posted, but decided to wait a few hours so I can respond without being rude (or that is my hope). I've suspected this topic was coming and the short answer is: No.

Good call. I know of the Orient already. I want new places in a fantasy world.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Prysus wrote:[justify]

Greetings and Salutations. I read this shortly after it was posted, but decided to wait a few hours so I can respond without being rude (or that is my hope). I've suspected this topic was coming and the short answer is: No.

Good call. I know of the Orient already. I want new places in a fantasy world.

/agree
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Dark Elf wrote:Good call. I know of the Orient already. I want new places in a fantasy world.

I agree! Cannot wait for this book, or the Lopanic Games book!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

If and when you get the book out, I will buy it--- Eventually. I am glad someone is working on it. The same goes for the Lopan book The Dark Elf wrote/is writing. My hope is that there will eventually be more settings and updates of the stuff that is first edition to second edition. Thank you for these updates.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

I will preorder it when it goes to the printer! I want this book the day it comes out.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

I am looking forward to this book probably more then any PFRPG book. One of my main characters (Sir Dellis, go figure, i know) is a paladin from South Winds. I have written some information for my campaigns based on information I have gleamed from other books published for the PFRPG line. I even had him worshipping Rurga before she became popular in Eastern Territories.

I want to see how much of what I have written will match the finished product and how easily I'll be able to adapt it to my campaign. It is long past time for Dellis to return home. (He's an elf so it's been awhile)
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I look forward to the completed project.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Are you doing your own maps, or will someone else be doing them?

What's your process for editing your work and cross-checking for conflicts with existing canon material?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Hotrod wrote:Are you doing your own maps, or will someone else be doing them?

What's your process for editing your work and cross-checking for conflicts with existing canon material?

Greetings and Salutations. To answer your questions ...

1: While I know maps will be needed, I won't be doing them myself. Either Palladium will need to do them (I may do a rough sketch to get the point across), or I'll need to get someone else to do them (I have a couple of people in mind, but we'll see). I don't even want to do the cities/towns. :P But, I know it's something I think quite a few fans would appreciate being included, so I am. Note: About half the book (mostly the stuff I didn't do yet) is stuff I don't want to do, but am doing to make it a complete book for fans. If I cut that all out, I'd be almost done. :P

2a: Editing involves me going through it myself, as well as sending it to a few trusted friends (one of which I still call my unofficial agent). Before that though I tend to focus so much on what I'm writing that I don't move on until I'm happy with it (which means I often go through it a few times). I also tend to rewrite so much of my material (because I think of something new, I realize something I just wrote changes something old I wrote, etc) as I go. So by the time I finish the article/book, I've rewritten so many times it's already the equivalent of (at least) a fifth draft or so.

2b: As for cross-checking to avoid contradictions ... that's a tricky one. That is why, of course, I spent a month or two before I ever started going through the books hunting down references. I wanted to avoid this. However, sadly, most of my editors aren't big PF fans. As such, I'm really my only source for checking. I actually do my best to avoid that, because I'm an individual who cares (A LOT) about consistency. Though I'll also go on the record of saying there are a few things I'll change. Either because the book already contradicts itself, or because it's a small note (like one sentence) that contradicts something I have as a fundamental basis for my vision (and would change the entire concept for the 100+ page book for one sentence).

Example 1: Adventures on the High Seas (AotHS) uses terms like "Royal" in regards to the Land of the South Winds. This implies a King, Queen, Prince, etc. First Edition AotHS also has an adventure with a Prince from the Land of the South Winds involved. Now, in LIbrary of Bletherad, it's mentioned there is no king/queen (which by default means no prince), but a ducal system. I've done my best to mesh the two, but there's already a contradiction involved.

Example 2: PF2 mentions it's "one of the oldest human kingdoms" with the Western Empire being the first human kingdom. Library of Bletherad mentions it's "the oldest human kingdom." Once again, we have a contradiction. I've tried to make sense of it in my works, but it's already there.

When there's a contradiction that I just can't work out (though I think I've got just about all of them), I ignore Bill's work. Don't get me wrong, I like Bill Coffin, but usually his work is the one that contradict Kevin's work (and I'm going to side with Kevin for obvious reasons). Once in a while an idea I have might contradict his, and I'll go with my idea first (I figure if he contradicts other people's work, I don't feel as bad about contradicting his).

Anyways, I think that's all for now. I hope that helps answer your questions. If not, I can always try again. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Edit:: P.S. There's not a lot of information on the Land of the South Winds as is. I mean, there's probably more than most people realize, but not a lot. One of the reasons I'm working on this book is because I don't have to worry much about shoe-horning this into an already existing and detailed location.

zyanitevp
Champion

Prysus- I have stated publicly I really, really am looking forward to this. As far as cartographers go, I am not one- but I have had a map commissioned of the Palladium world that I think is the best ever! Take a look.
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/668/ ... upload.jpg
My Twitter
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

zyanitevp wrote:Prysus- I have stated publicly I really, really am looking forward to this. As far as cartographers go, I am not one- but I have had a map commissioned of the Palladium world that I think is the best ever! Take a look.

Greetings and Salutations. I saw it in the other thread and made a small post about it. Wait ... if you didn't see the other post, then that means you'll never see it coming. Bwuhahahahahahaha!!! Um ... I mean ... yes, it is ****ing awesome!

I also liked this map from DeviantArt (that had someone's homebrewed stuff on there, customized for their campaign): http://dawn2069ms.deviantart.com/art/Pa ... ?offset=20

Naturally, yours looks far prettier and is more accurate, but the other has some nice points too. The fact cities, roads, and inland rivers are included is sweet, and how it looks like an actual map are all nice touches on the other one.

I'll ask the same question as I asked to her though, do you mind if I put a link to said map on my site? If that's not appropriate (especially since you may or may not want Palladium to officially do something with it ... though can they since it's a commissioned work and not yours?), I understand entirely. With her I asked as a formality and a courtesy, with you I'm asking because I think it's important.

As for my project ... I'm afraid there's no real new updates. I work on it here or there (tweaking what I've already done and cleaning some of it up to make it better), but (for those that didn't know) I just moved about 1,700+ miles from Chicago to Boise to live with my girlfriend of almost four years (and best friend for almost 8 years). I still haven't found a steady job yet (done a few temp jobs to help pay the bills, but those only come from time to time, last minute, horrible hours, etc.). Been a little stressed (try to stay positive, but I'm human and stress will seep in there) and not very productive.

No, I'm not looking for pity or "woe is me" type attitude. I'm just explaining why the project has stalled (for the time being) and hope everyone understands. I don't want anyone thinking I've forgotten about them or this project. Both are very important to me, just not my top priority at this moment. Once everything gets situated here, I hope to get working on it again (I hope I get this one job in a week or two because it'll be full time but the scheduling will still give me three days off for writing, and there's supposed to be an opening soon, and I'm supposed to be next in line for it, but I already heard I had it once and turned out I didn't, so I can't count on that either).

Side note: Even though I haven't been very productive on the LotSW front, I have been doing some work on an unrelated Rifter project that I'm aiming to try and finish (soon!) so it can (hopefully) see print for the 30th Anniversary of Palladium Fantasy. This project is smaller and not as overwhelming, making it easier to focus on.

All right, I think that's all for now. Hopefully I didn't go on too long for anyone. Sometimes once I start talking (typing) I have trouble shutting up. Anyways, I want to thank everyone for their time and patience, it means a lot to me. Hope everyone has a great day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

zyanitevp
Champion

Prysus wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:Prysus- I have stated publicly I really, really am looking forward to this. As far as cartographers go, I am not one- but I have had a map commissioned of the Palladium world that I think is the best ever! Take a look.

Greetings and Salutations. I saw it in the other thread and made a small post about it. Wait ... if you didn't see the other post, then that means you'll never see it coming. Bwuhahahahahahaha!!! Um ... I mean ... yes, it is ****ing awesome!

I also liked this map from DeviantArt (that had someone's homebrewed stuff on there, customized for their campaign): http://dawn2069ms.deviantart.com/art/Pa ... ?offset=20

Naturally, yours looks far prettier and is more accurate, but the other has some nice points too. The fact cities, roads, and inland rivers are included is sweet, and how it looks like an actual map are all nice touches on the other one.

I'll ask the same question as I asked to her though, do you mind if I put a link to said map on my site? If that's not appropriate (especially since you may or may not want Palladium to officially do something with it ... though can they since it's a commissioned work and not yours?), I understand entirely. With her I asked as a formality and a courtesy, with you I'm asking because I think it's important.

As for my project ... I'm afraid there's no real new updates. I work on it here or there (tweaking what I've already done and cleaning some of it up to make it better), but (for those that didn't know) I just moved about 1,700+ miles from Chicago to Boise to live with my girlfriend of almost four years (and best friend for almost 8 years). I still haven't found a steady job yet (done a few temp jobs to help pay the bills, but those only come from time to time, last minute, horrible hours, etc.). Been a little stressed (try to stay positive, but I'm human and stress will seep in there) and not very productive.

No, I'm not looking for pity or "woe is me" type attitude. I'm just explaining why the project has stalled (for the time being) and hope everyone understands. I don't want anyone thinking I've forgotten about them or this project. Both are very important to me, just not my top priority at this moment. Once everything gets situated here, I hope to get working on it again (I hope I get this one job in a week or two because it'll be full time but the scheduling will still give me three days off for writing, and there's supposed to be an opening soon, and I'm supposed to be next in line for it, but I already heard I had it once and turned out I didn't, so I can't count on that either).

Side note: Even though I haven't been very productive on the LotSW front, I have been doing some work on an unrelated Rifter project that I'm aiming to try and finish (soon!) so it can (hopefully) see print for the 30th Anniversary of Palladium Fantasy. This project is smaller and not as overwhelming, making it easier to focus on.

All right, I think that's all for now. Hopefully I didn't go on too long for anyone. Sometimes once I start talking (typing) I have trouble shutting up. Anyways, I want to thank everyone for their time and patience, it means a lot to me. Hope everyone has a great day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Prysus-
The map is not made by me, but it is a commission I paid for- please pm me if you really want to use it.
I have mentioned you and DarkElf as people that I want to write completed works for PF because what I have seen from both of you is that you connect, and stay within, the original PF...
My Twitter
Image Image
Tyberius
Wanderer

Unread post by Tyberius »

I've gone over to the http://www.cartographersguild.com/content/ website and tried to get comfortable with the basics of map making, and I've not gone anywhere yet. My plan was to make a Palladium Fantasy map that included the southern half of the Eastern Territory, excluding 'The Disputed Territory', all of Timiro, all of the Flonery Islands, 75% of the Land of the South Winds, (with my own ideas based on the tidbits in the books you mentioned earlier in this thread, but also with stuff straight out of my head), and the Eastern half of The Old Kingdom.

I even found the guy that Killervp commissioned, and was thinking of asking him if this would be something he'd want to do. But I'm still holding out that I can start to grasp the elementary skills of map making and build on that.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you make up here, it seems like there are 'some' similarities to my ideas and yours, but due to rule #1 I wouldn't even list anything about that.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

How is this going? Still on hold? I have been away for a bit but the last 2 Rifters have brought me back over here due to the Palladium Fantasy stuff.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Juce734 wrote:How is this going? Still on hold? I have been away for a bit but the last 2 Rifters have brought me back over here due to the Palladium Fantasy stuff.

Greetings and Salutations. Sorry, no real new updates. I've had a couple of different steady temp jobs, and trying to get stabilized. I've been having trouble getting focused. I still haven't finished that Rifter article I mentioned in my last post (going to work on that right after this post actually as I wanted it done long ago, but am determined to finish before the end of July).

I guess I should note: In addition to moving to a new city and trying to get a steady job now, I also have fits of inspiration where I can write up a storm (in comparison to my normal writing routine), and then fits where I just have trouble writing at all (I lack inspiration, motivation, and just can't focus at all ... kind of like a depression, but only affects my writings so ... creative depression?). Those two seem to dominate most of my life/year, but there are times when I can just be professional and force myself to write whether I want to or not.

I've been on the low end for the last few months, but I'm starting to see hints at it picking back up. Once I finish my Rifter article (I intend to have it finished in a couple of days), I intend to do two things (but I may fail at doing either). 1: Start on the LotSW project again. This will probably go slowly for now, but I do want to start on it again. 2: Start a new ongoing project for my website (something just for fun and to get the creative juices/writing flow going) that will be updated at least once a month.

If I accomplish #2, I'll be starting a different thread in the PF forums (maybe All Things Palladium Books too). That'll also be a good indication I'm writing, and that #1 is probably started (or will soon) as well. I work a lot on momentum, and right now I have none (which makes it hard for me to get going).

Anyways, I appreciate you asking for an update. While I'm sure my response isn't what most wanted to hear, inquiries do help (from time to time) to prevent me from forgetting/procrastinating further. Thank you for your time and interest, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Okay, so almost a year since my last post here and even longer since I had any meaningful updates. Well, I'm going to try and start chaging that now! As some of you know, Kevin mentioned an idea for a series of Land of the South Winds books and that kind of gave me the kick in the pants I needed to start actively working on this project again. I've talked (very briefly) to Kevin about it, and there's a chance that both of our ideas (mine and his) can still progress as planned. The real issue now is that I need to finish my end of things.

As such, I'm going to try and update my progress once a month until I'm finished. I'll be posting on the same day I make the updates to my Purifier story (which does take some attention away from my LotSW project). This month I've had some serious trouble focusing. I've had great writing energy, just for everything EXCEPT the LotSW project. Go figure. I've done a little more work on the Purifier fan fic, written a hand to hand style for Cyber-Knights (Rifts) called Spirit Knight (which inspired some ideas for a different PF manuscript I want to work on after LotSW), and written several notes for new monsters for yet another project I'm working on for my website (have been working on it off and on for years, sadly). The last series of ideas have actually led me to new ideas for LotSW actually.

Updates: I've tweaked and modified a few my older sections, adding about two pages of new content and helping develop the history and how a few things work in the nation. I've also done some brainstorming and done some restructuring of material (mainly rearranging which order everything will be presented in) for what I think will provide a better flow. More brainstorming and figured out how to work the game mechanics for a few ideas I'd been stumped on before (no significant writing, just streamlining). Unfortunately, that's not much progress, but it is some. Then last night I did some quick notes for a new monster that'll add some interesting elements to the setting (and possibly even the PF world as a whole!). This morning I spent a couple of hours writing it up on my phone (not finished, but over a page finished and my phone isn't the best writing instrument).

Progress: 80-90% towards completion. While not much much new work has been added since the 40% completion at the start of this thread, the recent talk with Kevin has resulted in me removing about half the book I had planned! The section being cut will be primarily the city/town info, as well as possibly some adventures. Truth be told, that's one of the biggest sections of the book that's held me up. I didn't know how to write that section, and I just kind of stalled as a result. With that section being removed, I'm now mostly finished.

Remaining: About 2 O.C.C. (mostly a few finishing touches), 3 P.C.C. (need to be written up almost from scratch), finishing up one monster (the one I started today), and some area descriptions (won't do full cities/towns, but give a few pages on a few different areas in summary along with some of the politics of the regions). That's about it. One of thoes areas may need added detail, because it's kind of an important area as it has rippling effects to the nation as a whole. After that should just be editing and tweaking to make sure it's top notch before submission.

Estimated Completion Date: My hopeful projection date is before I get married (so the end of July), at least for the writing part (editing will probably take another month or two). My realistic projection date is before the end of the year. My absolute deadline is before the Palladium Open House 2015. Barring unforeseen circumstances (like I'm hit by a car and end up in a coma for months, someone pays my a load of money to write a different project, etc.), if I can't complete it by POH2015 then I need to give up on the idea of finishing this book. That's about a year from when I start trying to write this project again, and if I can't write the 20 pages or so required, then I don't have what it takes.

Anyways, that's all for now. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

zyanitevp
Champion

Thanks for the Update! Good luck!
My Twitter
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I said I'll post updates once a month (at the same time I post updates to my Purifier story). So I'm doing that now. Unfortunately, updates are minor.

Updates: Finished up one of the O.C.C., and did some work on one of the P.C.C. (not finished, but started work on it).

While not progress on the book itself, I also did some brainstorming for methods to help promote the product and keep fans interested once the book goes into production (if it does, some time in the future). These will be small side projects not part of the book, but still connected to it (kind of teasers that won't clash with PB while they're working).

Progress has been kind of slow, mainly because I can't get my mind to focus on the project (it keeps jumping to 20 different things, but not the LotSW project for some reason). However, I'm determined to keep chipping away at it until I finish. I'm determined if I do that the day will come when I really get motivated and sink my teeth into finishing.

I may not make an update next month, for the same reason I may not update my Purifier story. Hope everyone understands. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

I'm stoked to hear about this project and hope you get it published with minimal hassles. :ok:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Completed my own fantasy project one month ahead of schedule. Maps and manuscript
sent via Dropbox, just have to send hard copies with manuscript agreement. Cross fingers and let's see what happens. God luck on yours Prysus :ok:
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Reagren Wright wrote:Completed my own fantasy project one month ahead of schedule. Maps and manuscript
sent via Dropbox, just have to send hard copies with manuscript agreement. Cross fingers and let's see what happens. God luck on yours Prysus :ok:

Greetings and Salutations. Awesome news. Always love hearing more fantasy submissions being sent in. Hope we see it soon. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Reagren Wright wrote:Completed my own fantasy project one month ahead of schedule. Maps and manuscript

Good luck working your way off Palladium's slushpile! I'd love to see more fantasy.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Bah humbug....as soon as you finish it whenever that will be Kevin S will set on it for another 4 years rewriting it. It might be released before we all die of old age.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

True enough, I got three manuscripts for HU in limbo, but I'm not complaining nor am I worried if it takes four or five years or never at all.
I do this for the sheer fun of doing it. If it happens :D . If not :-D . I'm a Palladium fan through and through.

As for inside info...

While I'm just as eager to see what Prysus has done for Land of the South (a section of PF I don't have the guts or mindset to tackle), I've seen
way to much cynicism on these boards. So while I love to open up about the book, and share stuff with people, I rather be silent. Now if I meet you at Gen
Con or the Open House or you email me, then I'm happy to share privately with people.

Prysus if you feel like sharing, I applaud you. But I feel doing such a thing on the board can lead to confrontations with posters and NMI locking threads.

But I will say this, just as Land of the South Winds has almost no information about it, another place has a several pages in another book devoted to it, but
you given no detailed info about the place. You ask yourself "Why would I go there for?" Don't believe me just read THE KINGDOM OF BIZANTIUM in
Adventure of the High Seas and see what I'm talking about.
debaser
D-Bee

Unread post by debaser »

Good luck with your projects guys - all sound interesting. I can't wait for more source material for PFRPG.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. As I said, possibly no update last month (and that's exactly what happened). I didn't do any writing for a month and a half actually. However, that doesn't mean I didn't make progress. So here's your (semi-) monthly update.

Updates: Performed more work on one of the P.C.C. (formerly a problem child), and finished enough of it that the rest is mostly just simple work (still needs to be finished, but got the hard part done). Added some "notes" (wrote, but done on my phone and probably still needs to be cleaned up) on a few territories (another problem child that's been partially taken care of, and instead of feeling unsure as in the past, I'm feeling pleased with the results). Also did some more work on the monster I mentioned in the June 03, 2014 update (which was my first of this year). I've done some work on a new monster (not one previously planned) that adds flavor (not much else) to the land, as it ties into 3 new paragraphs I've written regarding "Fashion" within my culture section. The two monsters should just need stat blocks now (flavor text should be all finished for both). Also added a new weapon. Probably a few pages of work total. Mind is finally starting to focus some, so just hope it stays that way.

Note: Even though I'm writing these sections, there are no way to be sure the project will ever see print, or if it does which sections may see the light of day and which sections may be cut. Please do not take any of this as guarantees, merely an update of the work I've been doing.

That's all for now. I really need to finish it soon if I want to give my editors plenty of time. Again, my realistic goal is before the end of the year (earlier is better, and near the end holidays will probably start getting in the way), and if it's not completed by the POH2015 ... I'll have to re-evaluate what I'll do with the project because I won't trust myself to ever finish if I'm not done by then. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

Reagren Wright

Reagren Wright wrote:True enough, I got three manuscripts for HU in limbo, but I'm not complaining nor am I worried if it takes four or five years or never at all.
I do this for the sheer fun of doing it. If it happens :D . If not :-D . I'm a Palladium fan through and through.

As for inside info...

While I'm just as eager to see what Prysus has done for Land of the South (a section of PF I don't have the guts or mindset to tackle), I've seen
way to much cynicism on these boards. So while I love to open up about the book, and share stuff with people, I rather be silent. Now if I meet you at Gen
Con or the Open House or you email me, then I'm happy to share privately with people.

Prysus if you feel like sharing, I applaud you. But I feel doing such a thing on the board can lead to confrontations with posters and NMI locking threads.

But I will say this, just as Land of the South Winds has almost no information about it, another place has a several pages in another book devoted to it, but
you given no detailed info about the place. You ask yourself "Why would I go there for?" Don't believe me just read THE KINGDOM OF BIZANTIUM in
Adventure of the High Seas and see what I'm talking about.

All I can say is Prysus take as much time as you need man. A well written manuscript that targets a player audience, a G.M.
audience, and gets Kevin interested and excited is your best bet at getting your stuff in print :ok: .
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Reagren Wright wrote:All I can say is Prysus take as much time as you need man. A well written manuscript that targets a player audience, a G.M.
audience, and gets Kevin interested and excited is your best bet at getting your stuff in print :ok: .

Greetings and Salutations. I agree with you in concept. However, most of the project is already finished. I really don't have that much left, seriously, not much. So if I can't finish by the POH2015 (as the absolute latest), then I have to ask myself: "Why not?"

I already have the project outlined, and most of the work finished. What I have left I should be able to finish in less than a month if I could ever get into a good rhythm (I'm basing this off of previous projects). At that point, if I still can't finish (by POH2015), then I have to re-evaluate why I didn't. I mean, I have a heart attack and get hospitalized? That's a pretty darn good reason not to finish. Could I still just not get my mind into it? In that case, I have to consider if I have what it takes to finish it.

My concern isn't my skill at writing or the quality of my ideas (I mean, those are legitimate concerns, but I feel confident in both). My concern is in my actual ability to finish the project. I should probably note that I have never, in my whole life, finished a project this large before. I've had many ideas, but I always get distracted and never finish. So I guess I should let everyone take a glimpse at how I write.

Me: I get an idea (usually a small one), that blossoms into something much larger. In this case, it started with a single skill connected to an O.C.C. That led into some flavor notes building around it. That led into some history notes how this developed. That led to some other O.C.C. to counter this one. That led to an organization, and before I knew it I had like 5 pages of notes (and none of that was flavor text, just note after note after note). So what started off as a O.C.C. turned into a small Rifter article and then transformed into my vision for the LotSW book. Of course, then I had to research the heck out of what was already written to avoid conflict. Note: While researching, I found pre-existing conflicts that I had to try and sort out (and I did my best to make them all work, though may have contradicted a few things here or there out of necessity).

Now, when I write I tend to do it like a scatter brained mad man. I have inspiration for one thing (let's say an O.C.C.), so I work on it until it's finished (if I'm lucky, only a day or two). Then maybe I'm just really inspired for a monster, so I work on that. Then a skill. Then another O.C.C. Maybe some culture notes next. Hey, Timeline is kind of like culture, right? Oh, another monster! Hey, that monster adds to this culture, I should tweak that. Okay, now another O.C.C. Oh, that O.C.C. needs a special weapon. Let's do that next. Oh, totally forgot about that O.C.C, but meh, I don't feel like writing it anymore, so I'll just include some fluff into the culture section instead. Oooo ... shiney! Note: With things like a single O.C.C. or a single monster, I can usually finish it before moving on, but that's not a guarantee. Other times (especially when it's a big O.C.C., such as a magic one with lots of new spells), I'll finish only part, jump onto other things, maybe jot down a few notes on the O.C.C. again, do a few more things, and with any luck (eventually) come back and finish the first thing I started.

Yeah, I have no real focus in my writing. I do similar even with my Purifier story, where I'll write a couple paragraphs from one section, then a couple more at the end, a few more in the middle, a few paragraphs for next chapter, etc. I'll have like 5 pages of 1 to 3 paragraphs each and none of them connected, and eventually just tie them all together so they flow into a single chapter or scene. That's just how my brain works.

I should now take the time to also note I'm not a professional. I'm not taking about my overall quality of writing, but in my discipline and focus. I can't just sit down and decide to write. If I try, I just can't stay focused. Either I'm motivated or I'm not. Most of what I have for my LotSW already finished I completed in 3-5 months I believe. I was inspired and just knocked out section after section (at least for me, thought I write slowly and others who write more swiftly could've accomplished much more than I did). However, real life got in the way and I never truly regained that momentum. Now I'm struggling. I look at it and I can't focus. I think about trying and just go: "Ugh, I really don't feel like it today." I don't force it, because I can seriously stare at a computer screen for hours and not even complete one single paragraph (I'm speaking from experience).

I should also note that I often work best under pressure. Don't want to, don't want to, don't want to, CRAP IT'S DUE TOMORROW! Then I'll spend an all-nighter and by some miracle still finish. Not saying I'll finish this one in time, don't know. I'd like to think I can finish it well before then. We'll see.

However, I need a deadline. And this deadline is so far off (with such little work left to do), that if I can't meet it I need to evaluate if I'll ever finish. If not, then I talk to Kevin and see if he wants what I have, or if I just publish it online as Unofficial, or something else. Maybe I'll be really close and just decide I'll finish a month after. But I would need to take a good long look at where I stand and my ability to finish.

Wow, kind of rambled there. And now that you've taken a peak inside my head you may want to run for safety. That's all for now. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

zyanitevp
Champion

As I run for "safety" I cry out, "Get ur done!!"
Seriously, as someone that has blatantly stolen from your site, please get it finished!
My Twitter
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

zyanitevp wrote:As I run for "safety" I cry out, "Get ur done!!"
Seriously, as someone that has blatantly stolen from your site, please get it finished!

Greetings and Salutations. You cannot steal what is given freely. :ok:

And yeah, working on getting it done. Even did a little more work last night after that post. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

zyanitevp wrote:As I run for "safety" I cry out, "Get ur done!!"

You too huh ;)

good works Mr P
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations to all. I didn't update last month because I update when I update my Purifier fan fic, and I didn't post last month due to some other stuff coming up. But just because I didn't give an update doesn't mean I wasn't working away at this project. In fact, I think I've accomplished a lot but I'll let you be the judge.

Updates: Finished up on that P.C.C. from last update (basically finished 3 pages detailing 12 new special abilities, as well as a few basic stats like bonuses and equipment). Started and finished another P.C.C. Started work on the last P.C.C. (flavor text finished and some of the special abilities). Also finished the last O.C.C. I had remaining. Finished the monster I mentioned in the 06/03/14 update and did some general quick stat stuff in the same section. Finished the land notes (may need to go back and finish this up later on). Did some work on new psionics and new skills (totally forgot about those until I was checking files to see what I still had left, but should be finished now). Also did a few other minor tweaks along the way (not new material, just a fine tuning a few old things to make them better, in my opinion).

Remaining: 1 monster (flavor text all finished, all that remains are stats though I've finished some of those too), 1 P.C.C. (about 45% finished, though I may drop this class as I'm struggling to get the feel I want for it and as it stands now it may be more out of place rather than enhancing the rest of the product ... as in, I like the idea, but it may not be right for this project), maybe some added flavor (optional, but 40-50% complete ... maybe?), and reorganizing the layout after everything is done (to try and make it easier to find in the final product instead of the haphazard system I used while writing it). Then it's just a matter of editors and such (because I want to make sure I send in a quality piece of work).

Farewell and safe journeys for now.

zyanitevp
Champion

Looking forward to this!! Keep it up!
My Twitter
Image Image
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

Time to wrap it up and put a bow on it, so that it is ready for Christmas.
Reagren Wright

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations to all. I didn't update last month because I update when I update my Purifier fan fic, and I didn't post last month due to some other stuff coming up. But just because I didn't give an update doesn't mean I wasn't working away at this project. In fact, I think I've accomplished a lot but I'll let you be the judge.

Updates: Finished up on that P.C.C. from last update (basically finished 3 pages detailing 12 new special abilities, as well as a few basic stats like bonuses and equipment). Started and finished another P.C.C. Started work on the last P.C.C. (flavor text finished and some of the special abilities). Also finished the last O.C.C. I had remaining. Finished the monster I mentioned in the 06/03/14 update and did some general quick stat stuff in the same section. Finished the land notes (may need to go back and finish this up later on). Did some work on new psionics and new skills (totally forgot about those until I was checking files to see what I still had left, but should be finished now). Also did a few other minor tweaks along the way (not new material, just a fine tuning a few old things to make them better, in my opinion).

Remaining: 1 monster (flavor text all finished, all that remains are stats though I've finished some of those too), 1 P.C.C. (about 45% finished, though I may drop this class as I'm struggling to get the feel I want for it and as it stands now it may be more out of place rather than enhancing the rest of the product ... as in, I like the idea, but it may not be right for this project), maybe some added flavor (optional, but 40-50% complete ... maybe?), and reorganizing the layout after everything is done (to try and make it easier to find in the final product instead of the haphazard system I used while writing it). Then it's just a matter of editors and such (because I want to make sure I send in a quality piece of work).

Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Yeah man, make sure you find someone "non bias" who has a "good command" or writing and editing skills to help spot all
the mistakes you're bound to have in your work that your own mind over looks. I was a writing consultant in college,
looking over hundreds of student papers they had to turn into their professors, and yet I really have a hard time finding my
own spelling and grammar errors. One of things Matt told me I do is switch tenses all the time (past tense and present
tense). Which I admit I do. So its great to see you putting a lot of effort and thought behind your layout and what you're
including. I use to have two editors but one friend has gotten involved in other things. Neither one were bias on what
they thought wasn't good and should be tossed out. And lastly man, regardless of how much passion you have for your
work, remember the guys at Palladium (Kevin especially) will always have a final say. The original name of the Iceborn was
something completely different. There were two nasty bad guys in Bizantium so we shall see if they remain. If not doesn't
bother me. Good luck man. Can't wait for the North and South of Palladium Fantasy to be realized :D .
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. *Takes a deep breath.* So, short of any last minute changes (and of course the required editing), I've finished the project. I still have a few minor things which I might add, but nothing that will change the content (more narrative to try and add flavor/a feel to it). As such, I thought I'd give a quick break down as I can best estimate at this time.

96 page sourcebook (that's my estimate judging by page count of my Rifter articles with pictures compared to the page I submitted).
- 17 pages involving the timeline/history, government, military, religion, language, laws, animals, symbols, marriages, fashion (briefly), etc.
- 12 pages discussing the various areas/territory/cities, etc. Information kept light (no stats or maps), but I try to detail some of the politics (including NPC), major places of note, and even a few adventure ideas.
- 16 pages of monsters (mostly stats for new ones)
- 28 pages on O.C.C. (some new, some mods, and at least 3 reprints/variations in order to make it more self-sufficient and not require 20 books to play)
- 19 pages with new skills, abilities, psionics, weapons, etc.

Please take none of this as gospel. These are rough estimates only, and this has yet to even be submitted. There may yet be changes, cuts, additions, or the book may not even see print at all. For those that would like detailed city layouts and such, my apologies but it's not going to happen (at least not by my hand). I had originally wanted to make a few detailed city layouts, plus a few written adventures, but those aren't my strong point. I cut my plans for those so I could actually complete the project (instead of letting it sit in limbo forever), as well as it might possibly conflict with a few other plans (which I won't go into detail about). If those are included, it'll be by Kevin (or another talented writer).

At this point I will NOT be updating this thread again (except for responding to questions/comments and such) until I officially submit it, which I expect to be next year some time (giving my editors time, as well as waiting for Palladium to finish the RTT & X-Mas Grab Bag shipping rush). Right now I'm going to enter into the editing stage (which means nothing to really update). I wish I could take Reagren Wright's advice (because it really is good advice) and say I have a bunch of professionally trained, unbiased editors who'll make sure this book is perfect, but I can't. Instead I'll make do with what I have (some of which ARE actually trained to one degree or another, but most are not).

While not a huge book, this indicates 2 years of my life dedicated to it. Writing doesn't come easy to me, it's a struggle, but hopefully well worth it. Though now I'm exhausted. *Plops down on the couch.* Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

I hope most earnestly this gets greenlit and printed next year.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Good luck getting it published! Sounds like you put a lot of time into it!
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. With editing finally completed and Bizantium at the printers, figured there couldn't be a better time. I just sent the electronic submission for my manuscript less than an hour ago, and just got home from mailing the hard copy. Unless Kevin wants me to rework something or add something to it, I suspect this is now finished on my end. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Good luck getting it published and congratulations on completion of your hard work!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”