*Spoilers* Project Revealed: Progress Updates

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hotrod
Knight

Re: *Spoilers* Project Revealed: Progress Updates

Unread post by Hotrod »

Heck yeah! More Palladium Fantasy!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

A year ago everyone was up in arms that there wasn't a new Palladium Fantasy book on the shelf since Mysteries of Magic
(2009) which some people were not happy with, so that means LotD2 (2002) was the last book for the game system. I vowed
to changed that and we now have a book coming in 1-3 weeks. I hope the book is everything the Fantasy fans have been
waiting for. Pryus has his Land of the South Winds manuscript turned in and Kevin and Palladium's hottest artist Chuck Walton
are ready for more. Things are looking good for PFRPG. So if a couple Rifts and Robotech books come out first, relax folks, be
rest assured more books are coming.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Reagren Wright wrote:A year ago everyone was up in arms that there wasn't a new Palladium Fantasy book on the shelf since Mysteries of Magic
(2009) which some people were not happy with, so that means LotD2 (2002) was the last book for the game system. I vowed
to changed that and we now have a book coming in 1-3 weeks. I hope the book is everything the Fantasy fans have been
waiting for. Pryus has his Land of the South Winds manuscript turned in and Kevin and Palladium's hottest artist Chuck Walton
are ready for more. Things are looking good for PFRPG. So if a couple Rifts and Robotech books come out first, relax folks, be
rest assured more books are coming.

Greetings and Salutations. Totally agreed. While I hope sending it right after he finished Bizantium will maybe make him more excited to check it out (in a fantasy mood), but we shouldn't except it soon. Actually, we shouldn't even except it this year. This is the year of Rifts. I know, that's every year it seems, but I believe this is the 25 anniversary of Rifts and that makes it a little more special than normal. And Chaos Earth (does that count as Rifts?) and maybe a couple Robotech books are up in line next. So we shouldn't expect too much too soon. I'm excited and hoping for sooner than later, but I'm realistic and accept it might be a few years waiting its turn (if it's accepted). I hope everyone else is as understanding.

For note, if Kevin ever does inform me (for whatever reason) that he's just not happy with the manuscript and won't use it, I will at least try to inform people of its cancellation (and/or see if he allows me to put up some parts on my site for free). I'll try to keep people appraise of any other updates I learn of, if I'm allowed. Farewell and safe journeys again.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Good luck!!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Here here...
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Soldier of Od wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:
Prysus wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:Please tell me you're making it the orient.

Greetings and Salutations. I read this shortly after it was posted, but decided to wait a few hours so I can respond without being rude (or that is my hope). I've suspected this topic was coming and the short answer is: No.

Good call. I know of the Orient already. I want new places in a fantasy world.

/agree

zyanitevp wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Good call. I know of the Orient already. I want new places in a fantasy world.

I agree! Cannot wait for this book, or the Lopanic Games book!

Totally agree!

I so want to see these books, preferably in the same size as Byzantium.

My wishlist is not that long ...
    1. Lopanic Games
    2. Lopan and Phi
    3. Land of the South Winds
    4. Old Kingdom!
    5. finish the Mysteries of Magic series (personally, I would love to see just one more book completing the series, preferably Mark Hall's)
    6. LOD III

I do not care about the order of publication.

And then, we can start a new continent :-)
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Hendrik wrote:
Soldier of Od wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:
Prysus wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:Please tell me you're making it the orient.

Greetings and Salutations. I read this shortly after it was posted, but decided to wait a few hours so I can respond without being rude (or that is my hope). I've suspected this topic was coming and the short answer is: No.

Good call. I know of the Orient already. I want new places in a fantasy world.

/agree

zyanitevp wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:Good call. I know of the Orient already. I want new places in a fantasy world.

I agree! Cannot wait for this book, or the Lopanic Games book!

Totally agree!

I so want to see these books, preferably in the same size as Byzantium.

My wishlist is not that long ...
    1. Lopanic Games
    2. Lopan and Phi
    3. Land of the South Winds
    4. Old Kingdom!
    5. finish the Mysteries of Magic series (personally, I would love to see just one more book completing the series, preferably Mark Hall's)
    6. LOD III

I do not care about the order of publication.

And then, we can start a new continent :-)

Well Kevin has the completed Lopan manuscript (with a section that includes the Lopanic
Games). I'm about 90-95% completed with the Phi manuscript, which will take a month or so
to edit. Not sure on the LoSW status. I've told Kev I'd being willing to help with OK and LOD 3,
but those are books he wants to write. Best I can do is include some OK material in Lopan and
Phi that has OK Lowland info that expands upon already material indicated in Library,Island at
the Edge of the World, and Eastern Territory. And don't forget Kevin's Garden of the Gods
book. I just happen to know where is located and I'm very excited :D to see how it gets
incorporated, sorry not able to share where. I will also say my goal with Phi and Lopan has
always been to keeping expanding the world view and keep all the books despite the time
frames between when they were written relevant. The one advantage PF has over Rifts. Each
new book in Rifts keep advancing the time frame. Those books written about the Deep South
and such everything probably didn't include Minion War stuff which kind of throws them
off a bit. PF doesn't have that issue. All new books just have to mention establish facts we
already know...

Wolfen and Eastern Territory "appear" to be heading toward conflict, but outside forces are
trying to keep that from happening (a UN of sorts) and there are some pushing toward it.

Timiro has a serious Ogre and Orc problem on their hand. The Sword of Light which is not only
the symbol of the monarchy, it's how the Timiro populace legitimize their power. Sort of like
the Declaration of Independence for the US. Say it was stolen and ended up in the hands of
someone from Russia, well they would now control the country. Well the one over the King
Gedro's head is a fake. It's not real. So technically the king is not the king if he doesn't have
the sword. The sword is lost and by tradition anyone who has the sword and makes it glow, is
the monarch of Timiro. Which means you as the player character could find the sword and
now you're the monarch of Timiro (if you are descended from the Timiro Royal Family
Bloodline). If your PC is from Timiro, Eastern Territory, or Bizantium there is a % chance you
could have royal blood DNA in you. Doesn't matter how small or little. All of this can be found
in in Rifter #63 (all official material).

Western Empire has three issues. Faerie War, Middle Kingdom uprising, and a 300,000+
monster race army about to invade the Old Kingdom Frontier and tear up most of the
the Empire. And there are 7000 Jotans preparing to attack the OK Western Lowland boarding
the Sea of Scarlet Waters. They will also be accompanied by 1600 Gigantees. These guys will
later plan a joint campaign with the Giants of Gurthasi Tor to engage in a massive war with
the Gromek for a battle to see who can lay claim to the Baalgor Wateland (what a prize).

Bizantium has its colonies starting to revolt, their King is an idiot, and some really nasty bad
guys are about to come down in their Sea Serpent ships to cause a lot of trouble (and maybe
for the Wolfen too :eek:). Ever look at the Great Northern Wilderness map (I encourage
everyone to ask for Will's map he did for the GNW as a grab bad item, it's awesome) and
wonder why the Wolfen are all concentrated together on the east coast with nothing on the
Northern coast and most of the Western Frontier :wink: ?

Right now I can't say what Phi and Lopan are bringing.

There is some good news though, the world is not about to be destroyed by the Black Wall that
got merge with Axel's Circle of Absolute Elemental Power. As that was a 1st edition adventure.
We've updated the situation to assume some player characters put a stop to it. Fortunately no
Palladium islands or major populations were lost is the process (see Island at the End of the
World, and update in Bizantium).

I look forward to seeing the new contribution of world events to be added from LotSW. It's the
last of the five human controlled nations to be detailed. And I'm eager to see what they bring
to the table.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

[[A bunch of information that I deleted on accident. Sorry]]

On the other hand, since I'm here anyways ... The last few days I have started a minor rewrite. Most of this is minor tweaks, changing a paragraph and maybe adding another after. Probably only a page or two of altered content at this point, but I think these minor tweaks will better accentuate Kevin's view of things even though I'm still approaching it from my angle. I also had some ideas for a new monster and a couple of new weapons (minor stuff, nothing key to the setting, but I still think interesting and can add flavor). I have NOT told Kevin about this, nor do I intend to until I'm finished. If, by the time I've finished, Kevin has already started editing my manuscript or he simply says he's not interested, no harm done. I'm doing these rewrites half for me, and some of it could even just go on my site after I'm done (mainly the new monster and weapons, the tweaks to paragraphs will be lost). On the other hand, if when I'm done, he hasn't started and he's willing to allow me to submit my revised version, I think it'll make the manuscript better (in small, but positive ways).
Last edited by Prysus on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Prysus, looking forward to it! Have always enjoyed your site and your Rifter articles.
If you are looking for feedback or play testing please let me know
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Prysus wrote:On the other hand, since I'm here anyways ... The last few days I have started a minor rewrite. Most of this is minor tweaks, changing a paragraph and maybe adding another after. Probably only a page or two of altered content at this point, but I think these minor tweaks will better accentuate Kevin's view of things even though I'm still approaching it from my angle. I also had some ideas for a new monster and a couple of new weapons (minor stuff, nothing key to the setting, but I still think interesting and can add flavor). I have NOT told Kevin about this, nor do I intend to until I'm finished. If, by the time I've finished, Kevin has already started editing my manuscript or he simply says he's not interested, no harm done. I'm doing these rewrites half for me, and some of it could even just go on my site after I'm done (mainly the new monster and weapons, the tweaks to paragraphs will be lost). On the other hand, if when I'm done, he hasn't started and he's willing to allow me to submit my revised version, I think it'll make the manuscript better (in small, but positive ways).

Greetings and Salutations. Yes, I know I'm quoting myself. I've been continuing to make revisions over the last two weeks. I'm now up to what I'm estimating about 8 revised pages (if it saw print with art and formatting, more than that though in my document), with about half of that (4 pages) being all new content. Most of these revisions have been in the area, territory, city, etc. section. This should be MOST of the revisions for that section (unless I think of something new, or more accurately remember something I had forgotten). What I still need to do is: 2 new monsters (which tie into some of my other revisions), 1 new O.C.C. (again, tying into the revisions), and 2 more weapons (once again, related to the revisions). I'm also likely to go through a section of skills again and see if I can revise those as well (or possibly removing them all together). While I liked their concept, I don't think I wrote them well. Note: I've also found various grammatical mistakes that I fixed, but those are minor and I'm not counting those here.

After I'm finished, I'll likely go through another editing phase before mentioning any of this to Kevin (I don't intend to bring it up until I'm done). I do find it funny though that shortly after this topic became active again and I discussed revisions here that Kevin mentioned the South Winds in a Weekly Update. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

P.S. On accident, I must've hit "Edit" instead of "Quote" on my previous post. As such, I deleted everything I had typed on that. Oops.

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Prysus wrote:After I'm finished, I'll likely go through another editing phase before mentioning any of this to Kevin (I don't intend to bring it up until I'm done). I do find it funny though that shortly after this topic became active again and I discussed revisions here that Kevin mentioned the South Winds in a Weekly Update. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

I am very happy that you are doing this, Prysus!

Weekly Update, January 13 wrote:UPDATE: Garden of the Gods™ – a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook – March or April release

I was on fire when I worked on Garden of the Gods™ part of this week. I think it was a fun break from writing Rifts® material. When I write, I don’t necessarily start at page one and go forward from A to Z. I make an outline of the contents, but I start where I’m most inspired. I go where the ideas and inspiration take me. Then I go back to rewrite, organize and finish the book in sections. When I first started work on Garden of the Gods, I started with notes and blocks of text about the Garden, its history, some of the specific statues and caretakers of notable gods, and the mystical events and miracles that can take place there. This week, I went back and wrote the introduction color text. A story I think people will enjoy. I certainly had a blast with it and sowed some seeds for things to come. The Garden of the Gods is, itself, something of a prelude to the Lopan™ Sourcebook (in our possession awaiting review and rewrites), material for the Lopanic Games™ and additional Palladium Fantasy sourcebooks. Hungry to work on Land of the South Winds.

Always glad when Kevin is on fire doing something. I am looking forward to the Garden of the Gods quite a bit (and anything for PFRPG and BtS, anyway).

Hand in your revision of LSW soon!

Good luck!

Kindest regards
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Just a quick update:

I continue to deal with almost no motivation to write at all. With that said, I also continue make revisions to the LotSW manuscript. I've finished one of the new monsters, and wrote the flavor text to the other. As a result, I've also had to make additional changes/revisions to the territory/city section. The monster I wrote the flavor text for resulted in quite a bit of changes, including some new religion notes, and alterations about three different cities. This is because I try to view the work as one giant living organism, and when I make a change or add something to one spot, it often ripples outward as that change affects other parts as well. Most of these changes are additions, not full changes. This means if, for instance, someone was playing with the old version, that information would still be accurate. In the end, I hope this continues to make things better. I still have the stats to the remaining monster left, two new items/weapons (or maybe it's just one with two different variations), and the remaining O.C.C. (which will be mostly stats). Since my last update, a lot of this work has been accomplished over only about four days of work (two of those being yesterday and this morning). At least those days have been productive (at least for me). I hope I can keep up some of this momentum and get the rest of this done soon.

Until the next update, farewell and safe journeys to all.

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Well, today I think I finished writing all the new material. I wrote the last O.C.C., the stats for the last monster, and stats for the new weapon (two variations). I did most of that today, so I'll be looking at it again in a day or two to try and clean it up (as well as review the other revisions I made over the last couple of months), but that's basically just editing at this point. Of course, that's only step one of the revisions. Step two will be to have a few people review it, and possibly more revisions based on that feedback. So we'll see how that all goes. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”