Palladium Fantasy Adventures for new group

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Autoferrit
D-Bee

Palladium Fantasy Adventures for new group

Unread post by Autoferrit »

I am looking for ideas. I am starting a new group with palladium fantasy. None of the players have played the system. And a couple of them are new to TRPG in general. For starting, I am using the Arms of Nargash Tor adventure book. So the characters are coming from Timiro Kingdom. But for a long-term game, I am looking for good/fun/interesting adventures or plot hooks. I have found a couple in a rifter or two.

There's not a ton of info on the Old Kingdom it seems. I was thinking about making some important things happening there and working in my own things. One that seemed interesting is getting the parts for Osiris. According to the books, i think one is on rifts earth. Which could be a fun change at some point for them to go into. Otherwise, I can find a reason for them to be on palladium.

I've never read much on the books in the northern half of the continent. But I've seen a few say good things. I also read in one of the books that Lopan has an event similar to our own Olympic games which I think could be a fun thing to put in that is a catalyst for some big event.

I'm willing to put a couple plot hooks in front of them to see what kind of things they bite on. But in general there doesn't seem to be a lot of adventures that are in the palladium world. Smaller adventures are easy enough to come up with. I am just looking for ideas that people have used in the past for adventures that have deeper ties into the palladium lore.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Palladium Fantasy Adventures for new group

Unread post by kiralon »

Gallahan did some pretty good work here
http://palladiumbooks.com/forums/viewto ... 5&t=147124
this is for random adventures.

For a bigger campaign the isle at the edge of the world is fun.
http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... World.html

And if you want to go with the put Osiris back together campaign and want some ideas try here
http://agodrebuilt.org/
DM Jimbo
D-Bee

Unread post by DM Jimbo »

I have been using a lot of classic low level monsters such as goblins and orcs. I have found this to be a good place to start with a new group.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

My group will soon be looking for one of the two remaining, llong-lost Rings of Elder...
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
MT_Juicer
D-Bee
Comment: "I dodge..."

Unread post by MT_Juicer »

Castlerake would be another fun adventure all over the Palladium World. A Macguffin in the shape of a greatest rune weapon. Or Icefoil (I think that's another one, right?) if you want to explore the northern realms.
Autoferrit
D-Bee

Unread post by Autoferrit »

Wait, Castlerake is a MacGuffin? I've only basically read about it. Is it not possible to actually complete? Granted, it wouldn't be a very good for any rulers to have ...
MT_Juicer
D-Bee
Comment: "I dodge..."

Unread post by MT_Juicer »

It is possible to complete, but much like reawakening the Old Ones, the closer you get the more exponentially threatened you would become.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I have a few suggestions.

A Grand Tour adventure/mini campaign can be useful. The idea here is to acquaint the players with the setting without committing them to adventuring in any particular region or for any particular cause. A good way to do this is a sea voyage adventure akin to the Turaline's circumnavigation of the continent in Adventure on the High Seas. If the party has the right skills, you could do this in a Bizantium Lighter, which is fast, carries a decent amount of cargo, and requires a very small crew (like 4, I think) to handle. Otherwise, the party could sign on to a ship's crew. You can access every major region of the Palladium world by sea, and sea travel is fast; a Lighter can cover 432 nautical miles a day under ideal conditions (18 mph).

A scavenger-hunt campaign can also provide an impetus to travel, and it can also help to gently steer the party towards encounters you prepare and set up without railroading the players. The rebuilding of Osiris and Castledrake are two good premises for a scavenger hunt campaign, but there are plenty of others, and it's easy enough to set up your own.

You could also start with some pre-built adventures, but be warned that most of the pre-built adventures in the published books are designed for characters of middle or higher levels. Unless your players are quite clever or have unusually strong starting stats and well-chosen skill and power selections, most antagonists will outmatch them in a fair fight. It might be better to start them off with a few simple shake-down adventures to work the kinks out. I generally don't set a character's stats/skills in stone until after the first adventure is over.

Hope this helps! Have fun!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, The Old Ones has the standard opening group adventures in it.

-Vek
"Assuming you're in Timiro."
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

kiralon wrote:Gallahan did some pretty good work here
For a bigger campaign the isle at the edge of the world is fun.
http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... World.html

This is the only PFRP campaign that I have ever played all the way through and it was great, lots of fun had by all with lots of history and lore. The book itself is also just a great read.

Don't forget Library of Bletherad or on DriveThru. There are tons of great adventure ideas and traveling the world in search of lost manuscripts can be a great way to adventure.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”