Rifter #81 Official Palladium Fantasy Material

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Rifter #81 Official Palladium Fantasy Material

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Official Palladium Fantasy material with one of Kevin's long running campaigns, vampire Wolfen :twisted: and Gnome material that
takes place in Ophid Grasslands. Looking forwards to it all. While not in its own book any offical material for PF is a good thing.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Rifter #81 Official Palladium Fantasy Material

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Reagren Wright wrote:Official Palladium Fantasy material with one of Kevin's long running campaigns, vampire Wolfen :twisted: and Gnome material that
takes place in Ophid Grasslands. Looking forwards to it all. While not in its own book any offical material for PF is a good thing.

Can we expect to see any of your stuff soon?
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

I am very much looking forward to Kevin‘s adventure! Well, and I am keen on hearing what you will think of „Gnomes“ (but I have not seen my article being dubbed „official“ - absolutely stoked about it having made it into the Rifter :-D ).
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Even though I don't play the Palladium Fantasy stuff, I look forward to the articles.

Since #80 & #81 are pretty much done almost simultaneously, will we get a dual release? Both #80 & 81 at the same time?
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hendrik wrote:I am very much looking forward to Kevin‘s adventure! Well, and I am keen on hearing what you will think of „Gnomes“ (but I have not seen my article being dubbed „official“ - absolutely stoked about it having made it into the Rifter :-D ).

I will be sure to show your article to my wife. She enjoyed meeting you and some of the other folks at the Open House and still talks about some of the games we played, especially the WWI BTS adventure.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Reagren Wright wrote:Official Palladium Fantasy material with one of Kevin's long running campaigns, vampire Wolfen :twisted: and Gnome material that

BookWyrm wrote:Even though I don't play the Palladium Fantasy stuff, I look forward to the articles.

Since #80 & #81 are pretty much done almost simultaneously, will we get a dual release? Both #80 & 81 at the same time?

Very curious, how you will find Gnomes, oh great Wyrm & Reagren!

It will be two separate books, Wyrm, but they will come out on the same day :-D Looks like the issues will be chock full of goodness (not meaning my own article)!
Last edited by Hendrik on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Jack Burton wrote:
I will be sure to show your article to my wife. She enjoyed meeting you and some of the other folks at the Open House and still talks about some of the games we played, especially the WWI BTS adventure.

We played together in a fair number of games, Brandon‘s „Kids are alright“ game, too, right?

Say hello to your wife from me, please. It has been great meeting you guys and sharing the games. Kyle‘s WW1 game was, indeed, very special. All hail the 120 club! Hope you two will enjoy my scribblings. (In case you two are interested, I wrote „Flashing Blades of Horror“ and „Gaming through History“ in Rifter 79, too :-) ).

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hendrik wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

We played together in a fair number of games, Brandon‘s „Kids are alright“ game, too, right?

Say hello to your wife from me, please. It has been great meeting you guys and sharing the games. Kyle‘s WW1 game was, indeed, very special. All hail the 120 club! Hope you two will enjoy my scribblings. (In case you two are interested, I wrote „Flashing Blades of Horror“ and „Gaming through History“ in Rifter 79, too :-) ).

Yes, the other BTS game was outstanding. I've never had as much fun playing a character with no character sheet. 9 year-old little brother Wally was marvelous! It had a Goonies/Stranger Things feel to it that was unforgettable. I will definitely tell her "hello." I'm glad you pointed out the other articles, as I will show her those, too!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Definitely a Stranger Things / Goonies vibe! Great and fun game.

The new Rifters also have a two part article by Megan, who also played in the WW1 game, and Dan. And for fantasy there is „The Wayfarers“ by Julius, to which I am also very much looking forward to. I guess when those two Rifters will arrive at my doorstep, I will disappear until I will have read all 224 pages :-)

Was „hello“ wrong? I did not want to be too formal and say „kindly extend my kind regards/ compliments“ :-) but that is what I meant to say.

I hope you will enjoy the other article(s) :-)

Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

I am definitely looking forward to the next two issues. Might well be time to take a break from Chaos Earth and go play some Palladium Fantasy!
Look forward to seeing you all again next PoH!
I will always remember Brandon's crazy telephone operator voice and cringe.

Until then, have fun!

Dan
Last edited by Fell on Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Frederick
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Fell wrote:I am definitely looking forward to the next two issues. Might well be time to take a break from Chaos Earth and go play some PF Fantasy!
Look forward to seeing you all again next PoH!
I will always remember Brandon's crazy telephone operator voice and cringe.

Until then, have fun!

Dan

Likewise, Dan! It was great to meet you!

The telephone operator was OTHERWORLDLY and may have been the most horror NPC I have ever encountered :-)

Very much looking forward to your Chaos Earth article!

Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Jack Burton wrote:

Can we expect to see any of your stuff soon?

Lopan is waiting its turn as we try to get old material out first. As for stuff talked about at the Open House its in a sort of weird limbo I can't get into just yet. Meanwhile I will be working on some new
PDF material real soon, hopefully want take a year to finish.
BookWyrm
Champion

Hendrik wrote: It will be two separate books, Wyrm, but they will come out on the same day :-D Looks like the issues will be chock full of goodness (not meaning my own article)!

That's what I meant. Good. Once they hit The Compleat Strategist in NYC, I'll pick them up. Thanks for the clarification. :)
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Now that the Rifter 81 sneak preview is out and all this is not just a dream, I’d like use these boards to publically express my thanks to Matt Treml and Dark Elf, who helped immensely by proofreading and editing my submission, and to Soldier of Od, for proofreading and adding a few ideas. You are awesome. Thank you, my friends!

I am beyond delighted that Chuck and Kevin have done artwork for Gnomes and cannot wait to see it! I have seen the first picture by Chuck in the sneak preview and it is simply wonderful and inspiring! Absolutely love seeing a gnome that does look like a Palladium Fantasy gnome and not like a droll garden miniature.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

BookWyrm wrote:Even though I don't play the Palladium Fantasy stuff, I look forward to the articles.

the nice thing about the cultural articles (the gnome one, and the lizardman one from an earlier rifter) is that they can easily be applied across any PB gameline you want with a little tweaking. i mean, if Gnomes live a certain way in PFRPG when they are the predominant race in a community, it would follow that Gnomes on Rifts earth would live similarly, just with accommodation for the different stuff available,.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
BookWyrm
Champion

glitterboy2098 wrote:

the nice thing about the cultural articles (the gnome one, and the lizardman one from an earlier rifter) is that they can easily be applied across any PB gameline you want with a little tweaking. i mean, if Gnomes live a certain way in PFRPG when they are the predominant race in a community, it would follow that Gnomes on Rifts earth would live similarly, just with accommodation for the different stuff available,.

Yes, that was my thinking. But I do enjoy a well-written article too.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

The gnomes are hardly the predominant species anywhere on Palladium Fantasy, I am afraid. They were destroyed almost completely in the Elf-Dwarf war. I think you will be able to draw quite a bit from the article as to how gnomes are, but in order to transplant it, the gnomes would have to have a similar history in whatever other world. What the gnome of today is was shaped by his history, I think. Culture shapes but is also shaped by circumstance.

Reagren Wright

Wrote some stuff about a Gnome Community in the Lopan sourcebook. Looking forward to see what you added the the gnome culture beyond
what's in the base book and Northern Hinterlands.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Reagren Wright wrote:Wrote some stuff about a Gnome Community in the Lopan sourcebook. Looking forward to see what you added the the gnome culture beyond
what's in the base book and Northern Hinterlands.

Hey Glen,

a real shame that we did not have much chance to talk at the POH! Sadly, I missed your games, too. I remember the trip to Bizantium at your table in 2015 together with Hotrod, Dark Elf, Soldier of Od, etc. well and fondly. Great party and adventure. Quite the challenge to fill the scholar - whose adventure-worthiness was, err, restricted ;-) - with life in such a competent group.

Looking forward to your Lopan book! Hope we see it soon.

Keen to hear what you will think of „Gnomes“.

Kindest regards
Hendrik

zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Really looking forward to finally getting new Fantasy material!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Hendrik wrote:Now that the Rifter 81 sneak preview is out and all this is not just a dream, I’d like use these boards to publically express my thanks to Matt Treml and Dark Elf, who helped immensely by proofreading and editing my submission, and to Soldier of Od, for proofreading and adding a few ideas. You are awesome. Thank you, my friends!

I am beyond delighted that Chuck and Kevin have done artwork for Gnomes and cannot wait to see it! I have seen the first picture by Chuck in the sneak preview and it is simply wonderful and inspiring! Absolutely love seeing a gnome that does look like a Palladium Fantasy gnome and not like a droll garden miniature.

You're more than welcome. I look forward to the next one mate!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”