Chosen of the Gods?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Chosen of the Gods?

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

Just curious, but has anyone wrote up templates like the Chosen from D&D? I want to do more with the Gods from PF but I doubt anyone in the group will want to play a priest. Looking through the books, it seems like the Gods only get interested if there is a priest of said God in the party.
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Chosen of the Gods?

Unread post by kiralon »

They can basically look out any of their followers eyes, so you don't have to be a priest, just a follower.
Even if they don't want to be a follower give em a holy item (they don't have to know its holy) that is handy, like a stick that can heal 3 times a day or something like that and the god can intervene through that.
Or have one of the characters have a birth mark that's a holy symbol of one of the gods and let him discover it for himself.
Have one of the characters be the child of a god, and his powers have been locked away by his parents until he is deemed worthy
and having non believers in the party is fine too, converting them is fun. Have an npc priest follow the party around who won't heal anyone who doesn't convert to his faith. (or charges 1000gp per healing touch to non believers and 5 gold to followers)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Years ago, I made a PC that was, on paper, an Elven Priest of Light. Talking with the GM, though, we decided she was not actually a priest but, rather, a literal Child of Od by a human (thinking back, Dogma had come out recently). So, while she used the priest OCC, and elven stats, she thought of herself as a Human Mercenary Fighter, and simply exhibited some supernatural abilities, that happened to coincide with the abilities of a priest. I don't think we ever clearly decided if this was Od showing favor to his child, or if she was manifesting her own divinity, but it was a fun character. Her and the Kobold Diabolist that followed were part of what inspired Mysteries of Magic, in fact.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

In my Gods the regularly choose champion mortals to carry out their wants and
needs, even if that person is not a priest, but a worshipper or someone they just pick
at random, just like they do in the classic Greek and Roman myths.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

kiralon wrote:They can basically look out any of their followers eyes, so you don't have to be a priest, just a follower.
Even if they don't want to be a follower give em a holy item (they don't have to know its holy) that is handy, like a stick that can heal 3 times a day or something like that and the god can intervene through that.
Or have one of the characters have a birth mark that's a holy symbol of one of the gods and let him discover it for himself.
Have one of the characters be the child of a god, and his powers have been locked away by his parents until he is deemed worthy
and having non believers in the party is fine too, converting them is fun. Have an npc priest follow the party around who won't heal anyone who doesn't convert to his faith. (or charges 1000gp per healing touch to non believers and 5 gold to followers)

I ran a group that went through a number of players in its almost 7 years, and only 2 were priests. The rest were "chosen", typically with a god visit or vision.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”