Great News, but....

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Great News, but....

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

Ok, I'm very thankful to hear that we are getting Byzantium. I am however disappointed that we are still waiting for Land of the Damned 3! Is this going to turn into a Dimension Book 9 kinda thing?
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Great News, but....

Unread post by eliakon »

Probably. The original manuscript got canned and the author doesn't work for Palladium anymore.....and the Citadel is on of Kevin's babies......so yes, LoD 3 is probably on that great publishing list in the sky, right up there with Mechanoids Space, Dimension Book 9, Darklings, Urban Warpath, and Mystic Australia.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Lukterran
Adventurer

Unread post by Lukterran »

I just wish I could have seen and known what was made for Land of the Damned 3 before it got trashed. I would still use that material in my games today.

I don't need a finished polished perfect book. Just give me the cutting room floor stuff and I can GM with that.
Lukterran
Adventurer

In regard to power creep issues that Kevin had with the way Land of the Damned was going - all I am going to say is. "Ultimax Deathstone" and "The Priates of Dragon Claw" adventure.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Land of the Damn 3 is one of Kevin's babies. He knows what's there and he wants to be the one who writes about it. At the
time the previous writer of books 1 and 2 had only a bunch of notes. No manuscript. Same thing for the two Old Kingdom
Books. Kevin wants to be the one who writes about it. The manuscript before wasn't up to par. Kevin's always said that
Rifter level manuscripts just are not good enough for cannon level material. Trust me on this.
everloss
Explorer

Unread post by everloss »

What I don't understand is that we've already had Byzantium described in Adventures on the High Seas, so why make a book nobody really wants, when you could publish books people actually do want (and will throw money at you for)?

That being said, I hope a Byzantium book is good and worthwhile.

(It's kinda hard to ignore the comment that Bill Coffin was merely "Rifter level," but it just isn't worth it)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

everloss wrote:(It's kinda hard to ignore the comment that Bill Coffin was merely "Rifter level," but it just isn't worth it)

Bill Coffin didnt submit the OK books manuscripts, so he wasnt talking about him.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Starmage21
Adventurer

Unread post by Starmage21 »

I just want the mysteries of magic books to finish being released.
Lukterran
Adventurer

everloss wrote:What I don't understand is that we've already had Byzantium described in Adventures on the High Seas, so why make a book nobody really wants, when you could publish books people actually do want (and will throw money at you for)?

That being said, I hope a Byzantium book is good and worthwhile.

(It's kinda hard to ignore the comment that Bill Coffin was merely "Rifter level," but it just isn't worth it)

I fully agree we already have a lot of informaion on Byzantium from the High Seas Books. I would rather the work effort be put toward other areas of the Palladium World that have no specific information.

Kevin S. before you are too old to be able to finish it make the Old Kingdom Books....please?!
everloss
Explorer

Unread post by everloss »

The Dark Elf wrote:
everloss wrote:(It's kinda hard to ignore the comment that Bill Coffin was merely "Rifter level," but it just isn't worth it)

Bill Coffin didnt submit the OK books manuscripts, so he wasnt talking about him.

When I read their post, it appeared to me that they were referring to Land of the Damned 3.
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

Lukterran wrote:In regard to power creep issues that Kevin had with the way Land of the Damned was going - all I am going to say is. "Ultimax Deathstone" and "The Priates of Dragon Claw" adventure.

Oh, awesome. Tombs Of Gersidi _and_ Adventures In The Northern Wilderness! ^_^ Got my vote there.

-Boe.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Lukterran wrote:I just wish I could have seen and known what was made for Land of the Damned 3 before it got trashed. I would still use that material in my games today.

I don't need a finished polished perfect book. Just give me the cutting room floor stuff and I can GM with that.

Agreed. Maybe we can get Anonymous to hack in and distribute it freely! ...Oh wait its probably only hand-written on loose-leaf paper in a 3 ring binder somewhere in Kevin's attic.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Reagren Wright wrote:Land of the Damn 3 is one of Kevin's babies. He knows what's there and he wants to be the one who writes about it. At the
time the previous writer of books 1 and 2 had only a bunch of notes. No manuscript. Same thing for the two Old Kingdom
Books. Kevin wants to be the one who writes about it. The manuscript before wasn't up to par. Kevin's always said that
Rifter level manuscripts just are not good enough for cannon level material. Trust me on this.

Then he needs to have somebody give him a swift kick in the pants and light a fire under his @$$ so he can get it done before he dies of old age...
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”