Spikes and blades...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Spikes and blades...

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Damage of spikes or blades on armor, shields, bracers, boots, trap, or whatever.

Less then 1" spikes and blades do 1 point.
1"-3" spikes and blades do 1d3.
3"-6" spikes and blades do 1d4, +1 per inch after 4".
6"-12" do 1d6, +1 per inch 7 or more inches.

What do you think?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Spikes and blades...

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

They would add a fixed bonus to other attacks.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I would be....leery of using some sort of 'if your x long you do y damage' especially for stuff like armor spikes. I find a flat small bonus (I usually just go with 1d4 for simplicity) is fairly sufficient. For traps and the like I just use weapon damage for a weapon similar to the one used. (small spikes? its a knife big huge ones long sword time)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

We are trying to do new stuff for our new game world. The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Alchemist's Dungeon was a HUGE hit! Everyone enjoyed it.

Plus my solo game has started. I will be doing a bit of character's log on here later on in the week or next. I have to get off of here and send some Reiki.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”