Hand to Hand: Assassin Questions

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Hand to Hand: Assassin Questions

Unread post by Grug »

You would be correct, assuming the group is using the two extra attacks for living rule. If you are that means you would have six at level two, while everyone else would have around four.

It's really not that out of balance. I would suggest using a house rule that breaks the melee round into segments. I use four segments while some use three or five. If using the segment I limit how much you can move per segment.

Here's what I mean by segmented melee rounds, just in case you have no clue what I'm talking about lol.
You have 6 APM, Gnimisch Has 5 APM. So you would get 2/2/1/1 and Gnimisch would get 2/1/1/1 attacks per segment. You would have two actions on the first and second segment and one action the last two segments, while Gnimisch would have two actions the first segment and one action the last three segments. I just use a D4 to keep track of what segment we're on.
It makes things a little easier.

This is the quick version as I'm sleepy and want zzzzs.
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Yep he has it exact. 2 for living, 1 from HtH Assassin level 1, then +2 attacks at level two from HtH, and +1 attack from OCC bonus at level 2. That's 6.

7 if he has boxing of course. :bandit: Which I'm surprised your brain didn't subconsciously compute in being how late it is.

KelseyC wrote:Hopefully I asked in the right place. Thanks for the help! :)

Welcome aboard. What kind of character are you running?
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

KelseyC wrote:Thanks a bunch for the timely reply!

I feel that it is right as well, I just need to either hope the GM lets me have 6 APM or find a way to convince him it is the way.

The nicer way might be to suggest a trial period with it possibly being nerfed down at the end of the trial, or possibly not.

If most of your fights end around the fourth or fifth attack of the first melee, it's not going to make much of a difference.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

As said, if your group uses the '2 for living' then yes, six. 2 for living was not meant to be a part of Palladium Fantasy 2E, and the only arguments that support adding it are based on when Bill Coffin started bloating the game with NPCs that had it in Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands.

I find that the game is much better without the extra 2 added to the combat rounds, makes the game feel faster, but the number one rule of all Palladium games it to have fun, and number two is if you don't like it, change it.

And welcome aboard!
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

How experienced is your GM? 6 attacks isn't anything to break into a sweat about, honestly. :P
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

MADMANMIKE wrote:As said, if your group uses the '2 for living' then yes, six. 2 for living was not meant to be a part of Palladium Fantasy 2E, and the only arguments that support adding it are based on when Bill Coffin started bloating the game with NPCs that had it in Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands.

I find that the game is much better without the extra 2 added to the combat rounds, makes the game feel faster, but the number one rule of all Palladium games it to have fun, and number two is if you don't like it, change it.

And welcome aboard!

Mike is right... as per the basic book, your character has only 4 attacks/melee. If your group adds the 2 for living thing, your GM only has himself to thank that your character has 6.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Good. :ok:
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Any assassin worth his salt will also save up for a Fleet Feet scroll.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Tor wrote:Any assassin worth his salt will also save up for a Fleet Feet scroll.

Forget scroll, get the Ring!! Well, if your gm is generous with the gold- otherwise Tor is dead on....
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”