Office run – September 17, 2017

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

It is a beautiful, unusually warm and sunny, September, Sunday afternoon (85 degrees Fahrenheit). I hate being cooped up in the office on such a lovely day, but there is so much that needs to be done. I came in around 10:00 AM to try to get caught up on a few things. The last few weeks have been hectic and I feel like I have been moving slow since Gen Con. Or maybe it’s just that there is so much stuff going on. Possible IP development deals for TV and mobile games, books to be finished and Gen Con and the Alliance Trade Show follow-up on top of RRT planning and the day to day routine. I had planned to make a surprise appearance at Grand Con this weekend, an awesome convention that is growing here in Michigan, but I couldn’t squeeze it in.

Wayne was supposed to come in for part of this weekend too, but he caught some kind of con-crude at Alliance and needed to stay home and rest.

Alex just finished signing the first half of the Gold Edition hardcovers of Secrets of the Atlanteans (a really nice looking book).

Except for an hour catching grasshoppers in a nearby field, today I’ve been working on advertising, PR and Alliance retailer follow-up.

What’s that? Why am I catching grasshopppers? For “Crash,” of course, the office turtle. She is a sizeable Red Slider and with Fall almost here, she needs to be gobbling down worms and grasshoppers so she can ready herself for winter hibernation. Crash has been part of the office for 17 years. She got her name by making numerous escapes and crashing to the floor from her aquarium when Wayne first acquired her. I find catching grasshoppers to be a fun break that takes me back to my childhood, so I don't mind going out hunting with a Dollar Tree butterfly net in hand. I was a “bug guy” when I was a kid, dinosaurs too, as well as comic books, drawing and a lot of reading. Always found bugs and animals quite fascinating. I caught and kept all kinds of creatures: butterflies, praying mantis, cicada, beetles, frogs, turtles, etc., and had a number of exotic animal pets in my youth. I've been happily footloose and pet free for a decade or so, other than Crash, and she’s actually Wayne’s pet, not mine.

So now you know one of my deep dark secrets. Don’t tell anyone. Whoops, I guess I let that one out of the bag. Gotta go.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
That Publisher Guy

© Copyright September 17, 2017 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Dead Reign®, Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Chaos Earth®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”