Birds and Canadians - February 27, 2016

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Birds and Canadians - February 27, 2016

Unread post by Kevin »

Birds and Canadians ...

After my morning walk, I pulled up to the Palladium office around 8:20 AM to about 50 Canadian Geese and 8 wild turkeys waiting for breakfast. Sparrows, wrens, a trio of Blue Jays, two robins and a squirrel soon joined them. I have a number of people save up their old bread for me, plus I toss out a cup or two of birdseed every morning for the birds, so such visitations are fairly routine. This morning is particularly sunny and nice, so an animal menagerie has dropped by.

The Canadian geese always make such a ruckus, and it is fun, and often funny, to watch the rivalries and pecking order between the different “goose gangs,” as we call them. The honking, wing flapping and charging around the front yard is always entertaining. Of course, they all back down to the turkeys.

Speaking of Canadians, um ... er ... sorta ... Chuck Walton II and I are among the guests at the 2016 Anime North. The convention gets something like 28,000 people and is always fun. There is a large dealers area, artist alley, and a vast selection of interesting guests, artists, voice actors, fans, events, panel talks and cosplay galore. It is held May 26-29, 2016 and coming up fast. (AdeptiCon too!) Chuck and I sat down Friday afternoon to plot out our panel talks, write descriptions for them and update our bios for the event. Palladium will have a few tables where we'll have a selection of products to sell, chat with fans and sign books. Chuck is bringing a large selection of artwork for display and he has done a couple of illustrations of he Anime North mascot for use by the convention. Both illustrations rock. Wayne Smith and some other Palladium creators are also likely to be present. We are looking forward to it.

Oh, don't forget this weekend is the LAST weekend of The Rifter® Super-Subscription Offer in which you can get a substantial discount off the retail price and up to a $35 free gift when you subscribe. Check it out before it is gone. Offer ends midnight February 29, 2016.

I hope to get a good amount of writing done today and tomorrow while it is quiet at the office, so I should get back to it. Have a great weekend.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright February 27, 2016 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”