Mini-Update February 3, 2016

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I can’t believe it is Wednesday already. We have all been working away on several fronts, as usual.

We’ve been reviewing and addressing Help Desk tickets, sending out convention support, taking care of business matters and correspondences, sending out PR copies of books and contracts, putting more PDF titles into DriveThru, orchestrating art and covers, and working on books, in addition to day to day business.

I probably went a little crazy on my contributions to The Rifter #73®. What I had intended as a small 10-15 manuscript page Fantasy piece (that would be 5-7 printed pages of text) turned into 33 manuscript pages (17 pages of text)! There is information about the Children of the Forest (Faerie Folk, one of my favorite group of "monsters"), their relationship with the Wolfen, an adventure setting, a madman, a villain, a new monster/riding animal (the Risinor Dragon Stallion – a rare creature, not a true dragon), five new Rune weapons and numerous adventure hooks attached to them. All stuff that I think you'll enjoy and provide many possible adventures.

Inspired by Glen Evans text and ideas for the Triumvirate Dragon, I went, um, a little wild on it too, expanding its history and abilities to make it something unique from other dragons, and fun for Game Masters and players alike.

Julius Rosenstein did the same thing, his 6-8 page article on Hidden Nexus points and the Nexus Born spawned an entire town setting for the next issue of The Rifter®. It is already completely written and edited. I guess we, ourselves, are hungry for new Palladium Fantasy books, because it is pouring out of us. I want to say The Rifter® #73 is really going to be something special – and it is, being entirely official source material, and having a lot of source material – but The Rifter® series has a long history of having good stuff ... great stuff, in every issue. Heck, we have good stuff lining up for next issue already.

Alex made me laugh when he walked into my office with the final edits on my Fantasy piece, he teased me by saying, “I really like this Kevin Siembieda guy’s writing. I hope we see a lot more of him.” Understood. You will. A lot more.

On top of all of that, we have been discussing and making notes for new Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited and Robotech® titles, and throwing around ideas for other things too! I wish I could share all the ideas for product on the burner at Palladium, but I keep being told by my friends and advisors to sit tight and not say a word until the products are much further along. Besides, we need to stay focused on releasing titles already sitting in the queue. I get it. I get it.

More in the Weekly Update on Thursday or Friday. Game on and have fun.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright February 3, 2016 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”