I have the greatest friends

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

I have the greatest friends

Unread post by Kevin »

I have the greatest friends . . .

Yesterday evening was Palladium’s Office Party. Kathy cooked, so the food was wonderful. All the guys were there, plus a few friends. About eight of us in total. A rather small gathering, but you wouldn’t know it by the sounds of laughter and boisterous chatter.

I was a little surprised, because it had been a very, busy week. And Friday was one of those non-stop work days with a lot going on. By the end of Friday, we were all feeling wiped out. The Rifter® Double Issue arrived and between it and Christmas Surprise packages we spent a lot of time in the warehouse pulling, packing, signing books and shipping product. We got most of books for The Rifter® subscribers into the mail and distributor orders out. In fact, I’d have to say pulling orders dominated much of the week.

We were only just wrapping up the day at 7:00 P.M., Friday, when the party was to start, and we were all warn out and dragging. Poor Chuck Walton had been suffering from a severe migraine headache all day long (not that it stopped him from working) and he wasn’t sure he could make it to the party. Julius looked exhausted and the rest of the crew looked quite ruffled.

However, once the party started, we were like goofy kids, laughing and shouting, and sharing stories of all kind. I think eating helped refuel our energy, and then good company and friendship did the rest. There were plenty of hugs and gift giving, lots of laughter, and tales of my original Palladium Fantasy game involving the Defilers. And why not, there were for us present. For some reason, we’ve been talking a lot about those early gaming experiences and the Detroit Gaming Center. I think it started with the article I wrote for The Rifter #71-72. Chuck is just enthralled by the stories and he wants me to write them down in one form or another. He has even suggested my hosting a weekend Game Mastering seminar, like a mini-Palladium Open House that was only a day or two long and focused entirely on improvisation, storytelling and GMing. God bless him, he seems to think I have epic and advanced role-playhing concepts and experience that every G.M. should hear about.

The night was a pleasant end to a crazy busy week. And I couldn’t help marveling at how lucky I am know all these sweet, brilliant, wonderful people. Over the years, we’ve all become close friends. We have each other’s backs through thick and thin, and you could not ask for nicer, kinder, more caring and generous people on the planet. Pretty freakin’ awesome. Being in their company made me feel proud and happy.

And it goes beyond the Palladium staff. The freelance artists and writers at Palladium are wonderful people I’m honored and proud to call my friends: Allen, Amy, Apollo, Ben, Brian, Brandon, Braden, Carl, Carmen, Dud, Eric, Freddie, Glen, Greg, Irvin, Jason, Jeff H., John, Joe, Kent, Mark O, Matt, Mike L., Mike M., Mike W. Nick, Ramon, Scott, Tanya, Taylor, Wayne, and ... geez, the list could go on and on (and I hope those I have not specifically mentioned, don’t feel left out; I love all of you). All of them, amazing people, who – whenever I start to loose to faith in the world – remind me that there are good people out there.

So even though I’m back at the office working the umpteenth Saturday and Sunday in a row, I’m feeling content and blessed. I have a job I love and I work with people I love. It doesn’t get better than that. Hmmm, actually it does get better than that. Because I write for a fan bases of equally awesome individuals. I have met so many wonderful fans over the last 34 years. Some of whom have also become friends.

I guess, I just wanted to say thank you, all of you, for making my life so rich and rewarding. You and our games mean the world to me. I hope you know that.

Merry Christmas.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda

© Copyright December 19, 2015 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”