Hey, what’s happening?

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Hey, what’s happening?

Unread post by Kevin »

Hey, what’s happening?

Holy Moley! It is January 27, 2015 and it has just been brought to my attention that I have not yet posted a single Murmur from the Megaverse® in the New Year. My apologies. I will try to change that immediately.

I find it a bit puzzling that people tend to assume the worst and seem to think that no Murmurs or posts from me or the Palladium crew means either something is wrong or we are just goofing off.

Neither is the case. In fact, it's usually quite the opposite. It means we are working our tails off and so focused on one or 50 things that we have not found the time to post about it and voice what’s going on. For me, that probably means orchestrating several projects or being lost in writing.

I know, it is bad to be silent in our world of constant sound, images and electronic presence. Especially when I established the Murmurs from the Megaverse® back in 2006 and for many years, posted every few days – sometimes every single day! So what happened? Why so quiet?

I can think of a lot of excuses. First and foremost, the one noted above: we are too busy with scores of things demanding our time and attention. Another is, it’s hard to post when you may be feeling tired, sad, ill or just distracted. Some days it feels like there’s nothing new to talk about, and other times you wonder what’s the point, because someone will take what you said and read bad intentions into it or savage your words out of spite or indignation, or god only knows what.

All of the above is true, but they don’t hold water. Not really. Not when you know there are thousands of people who care about the company and you. That they want to know what’s going on at the company. They want to know what’s floating around in your noggin. What you are feeling and thinking about, your outlook on life and what you are doing. It doesn't hold water when I’m frequently scolding Wayne for not posting enough, and it's okay to post only a few sentences. That's all punctuated by the fact that I frequently hear from people how much they look forward to the Weekly Updates and enjoy reading the Murmurs and wish there were more of them.

I have to admit I pulled away from posting as much the last couple of years for another reason: several of my business advisers, agent and others said that I wear my heart on my sleeve and share too much. That I need to keep things close to the vest and stop being so open and personal.

I’ve tried that for a while now, and it isn't working for me or for you. It’s not who I am and I miss talking with you. In the past, I have enjoyed sharing my thoughts, fears, hopes and dreams with you on many subjects. I enjoyed talking about what was going on in my head and my heart, how we felt about stuff going on, the people who work here, and the things that we like.

Most of you did too.

Alright, you've got it. I am going to make time to post a lot more Murmurs from the Megaverse®. You’ll be hearing a lot from me. Some of it business and behind the scenes stuff. Some of it personal. Some of it muses and murmurings, but all of it from the heart. More to come later tonight and all this week.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright January 27, 2015 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Powers Unlimited®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”