Fun at Penguicon May 3 2014

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Fun at Penguicon May 3 2014

Unread post by Kevin »

Fun at Penguicon, May 3 2014

I thought I’d stop by the office on my way to the chiropractor before I head out to Penguicon. I’m one of the featured guests at the event and did a talk on my licensing experiences. It was fun and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

We have one small table for Palladium Books in the Dealers' Room and one for Chuck Walton right next to us. We have a small selection of items for sale, and Chuck is selling a wide variety of prints and original artwork (including some of his NG-2 art). I really appreciate the convention showrunners letting us have two tables because the Dealers' Room is very small. Artist Alley is spread through the hallways. There’s a nice buzz of excitement and a lively crowd of people in attendance. I imagine today, Saturday, will be even busier.

I think what Jeff Burke and I are enjoying most is seeing people go wild over the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ prototype game pieces. We are hearing a lot of “they look amazing!” from those who see them in person. They are loving the detail and quality. And that includes about a dozen people who are Kickstarter backers on the project. That’s nice too, because I get to personally shake their hands and thank them for their support on this project. Everyone is excited about the impending release of the Wave One items. I was also pleased to see so many people excited about the Zentraedi Recovery Pod and Fighter Pod, neither of which have ever been offered in any form prior to Robotech® RPG Tactics™.

I hope to see many more smiling faces all day today and Sunday. I have two panel talks today and one tomorrow, and the rest of the time I’m at our booth signing books and chatting with folks.

If you're in the area, come on over. The rest of you, enjoy your weekend. I will try to post again on Monday.

Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright May 3, 2014 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”