Monday, April 28 2014

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Monday, April 28 2014

Unread post by Kevin »

Monday, April 28, 2014

It’s a dreary day and I’m feeling droopy. It has been a struggle to stay focused and the day has just flown by.

I’m wondering if it's fallout from the hard push to get Rifts® Northern Gun Two finished and to the printer. Gosh, what a monster that book was. My fault for making the NG-2 so darn big. There were just so many ideas and great concept art -- combined with my feelings of obligation to make Rifts® Northern Gun 2 special because everyone has waited so long for it -- and . . . I don’t know, I just could not stop. It is an outstanding book, so I’m glad for that, but still. After Julius had finished proofreading the finished book, I asked him what he thought. “I think the fans are going to be delighted.” he said.

Julius enjoyed it quite a bit and he’s not even a tech-guy, so I know we were spinning pure gold. I hope so, because everyone gave it their all to make NG-2 something special. I expect the printer will have digital proofs for my review and approval in another day or two.

Saturday was a strange day. I was feeling pumped up and hot to write the next book. There is always an adrenaline rush and sense of accomplishment when you finish a book. Especially a big one that you’re proud of like Rifts® Northern Gun 2. I was going strong when we lost power at the office. We were pretty much out all afternoon. Lights were back on by the evening, but I was done for the day. I took all of Sunday off. Lazed around the house spending time with Kathy. It was nice.

Today the weather and I are both blah. Not down, just blah. Wayne and I have been trying to catch up with other things today (it’s always a juggling act). Then it's finishing up The Rifter® #66. I want to see it go to the printer by Friday. I’m hoping to wrap up my work on The Rifter® in a couple days and dive headlong into Megaverse® in Flames. Another epic book, but then we have so many cool books we want to get into your hands. Including a number of surprises.

This coming weekend will be taken up by Penguicon. A local convention where I’ll be one of the featured guests.

I can’t believe it’s 7:00 PM already. I need to head home. That’s if for now. More tomorrow or the next day. I want to get back into the groove of posting several times a week.

Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright April 28, 2014 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”