Merry Christmas, December 25, 2013

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Here’s the Murmur I tried to post on Christmas Eve, except our Message Boards went down. Grrr. So I ran to the office to post it today. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

It 5:00 PM Christmas Eve and I’ve spent most of the last couple of weeks playing Santa Claus. Whether it was making selections and signing books for Christmas Surprise Packages, wrapping and handing out gifts to the Palladium crew, hosting the Christmas office party, or wrapping and shipping out a gifts to the freelance writers and artists with whom I work most closely. It's Christmas and giving has been a big part of my time.

I love it.

Doing the Surprise Packages, giving out gifts to show my appreciation for work well done and friendships well deserved is fun for me. I even got some art in, drawing a half dozen handmade Christmas cards for my Sweetheart Kathy and a few others. Had a blast doing them. Cartoony stuff with Santa, dragons, penguins and squirrels (don’t ask).

This morning (Tuesday), I ran to the printer to approve the proofs for the Dragon & Gods reprint (we are temporarily sold out, but it will be back in print in 2-3 weeks) and some pre-press discussion for the Heroes Unlimited 30th Anniversary Hardcover (a February release). I’ve been with this printer for 30 years, so there was visiting and gift giving there too. Very nice.

Tonight, Christmas Eve, will be a quiet evening with Kathy and my best friend Alex. Christmas Day, I’ll be getting together with Kathy’s family and Alex again. We’ll be opening up presents shipped in from out of State friends and loved ones on Christmas as well as exchanging gifts among the people present. I got a few awesome gifts from friends already. Thank you everyone.

Much to my frustration, this is the first time in 32 years that I have a half-dozen Palladium pals and freelancers whose Christmas presents will ship AFTER Christmas. Arrgh. That’s how incredibly busy we have been. Sorry Tom, Taylor, John, Matt and a few others. :(

With so many demands on us at Palladium, I had to play Scrooge and only give the Palladium crew Christmas Day off (and to leave a bit early today). We’ll all be back Thursday and Friday, but the gang will have the weekend off and I might take it off as well.

I hope your Christmases are all wonderful and joyous. Enjoy those you love and hopefully, a little time off.

Christmas Day Addendum: Yesterday evening was quiet and nice. Today, Christmas, Kathy and I exchanged some gifts and opened presents from my brother, Brian, and a couple of friends (thanks Doug and Becky, Randi and Roger). I also spoke with my daughter Monica and a few friends. I need to run in a few minutes because Christmas dinner with friends and family is at 4:00 PM. Happy Holidays!

Ho, ho, ho!
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, Surrogate Santa & Spidey Santa (To understand that last one, you’ll need to read today’s Weekly Update and check out the photos in it and/or on the Palladium Facebook page.)

© Copyright December 25, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”