Mini-Update Oct 8 2013

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Mini-Update Oct 8 2013

Unread post by Kevin »

Mini-Update Oct 8 2013

The Alliance Trade Show went very well. We gave away issues of [b]The Rifter® #63, some books and Max and Miriya convention exclusive game pieces. [/b] Retailers (and our Alliance sales reps) are all super excited about Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and seeing Rifts® Northern Gun™ One and other RPG book titles being released in the Fall.

Rifts® Northern Gun™ One is at the printer and I expect to be approving the proof copy later today or tomorrow.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... n-One.html

Robotech® RPG Tactics™ gets ever closer to completion along with several RPG book titles.

Yesterday (Monday) was filled with creative energy as the Palladium staff and I brainstormed over a number of the upcoming book projects and how to best develop them. Freelance writer Matthew Clements was part of that brainstorming session. He’s as sharp and talented as anyone I’ve had the pleasure to work with. In fact, I’ll be taking my first close look at his Dead Reign™: Fear the Reaper™ manuscript later today. Can hardly wait. Chuck Walton was part of the discussion, by telephone, as well. Man, I love how that guy’s mind works. The three of us inspire each other all the time. Wayne, Alex and Jeff had some nice takes on things and offered some excellent suggestions. These are all upcoming RPG projects for Rifts®, Robotech® and Palladium Fantasy® that are going to knock your socks off. All I can say is . . . be prepared to be wowed and delighted.

I’ve already done some work on the final editing and writing of Rifts® Northern Gun™ 2 and expect to dive back into it full force tomorrow. Today I need to put some of my time on The Rifter®, reviewing a couple of preliminary manuscripts, and a number of business matters.

We were disappointed by the number of volunteer G.M.s available to run games at Detroit Fanfare. What started out as 30+ RPG gaming events wilted to about 15. At least we have Jeff running Robotech® RPG Tactics demos™ all day, every day, at the Palladium booth and Carmen Bellaire – co-author of the game rules – running all day on Saturday in the game room. Still, it’s a very weak showing. I understand the Detroit Fanfare is a new and unknown quantity for us gamers, but that's the point, to make it a place for gamers to have fun. We have no idea how many gamers may show up, or whether we can fill the game slots even if we did have 30 or 40 events, but still. I fear the convention organizers who gave us the Banquet Hall to run games 24 hours a day, if we wanted to do so, are going to be extremely disappointed. :oops: Not sure this will become an annual mini-Palladium Open House at this rate, but we will still make this the best event we possibly can. I’ll jump in and run a few games myself, though I want to be available at our booth to chat with fans and to sign books as much as possible. I may be involved in some panel talks, too.

http://detroitfanfare.com/

Hey, if any of you local GMs want to drive in to run one or more Palladium events, it’s not too late. Give the office a call (734-721-2900) and ask for Jeff or Alex. ;)

Chuck Walton (who will be at the Palladium booth), Mark Dudley and the rest of the Palladium crew are all excited about Detroit Fanfare. It is a rapidly expanding convention that attracts 9,000-12,000 people and Palladium is happy to be part of it this year.

We already have the Max and Miriya Convention Special figures in our hands for sale at the Detroit Fanfare, October 24-26, Dearborn, Michigan. Miriya's Zentraedi mecha seems even more impressive in metal. Very cool. We’ll have about 100 of each available on a first come, first served basis.

I’m still behind on my Private Messages and Facebook correspondences, but I hope to get caught up over the next week or so.

Things are progressing on all fronts and we are excited about . . . well . . . everything. Game on!

Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright October 8, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”