Rifts® Northern Gun™ One Update

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

My apology for the continued lateness of Rifts® Northern Gun™ One. For the last couple of weeks, the further delays have been entirely my fault.

I can’t seem to stop myself from expanding the robot descriptions and adding robots. I want to make these new designs and concepts exciting, new and diverse. I know I need to wrap-up and get the book finished. Its lateness is delaying everything else. I know this. But then my imagination runs wild with the concepts presented by Matthew Clements or Carl Gleba, or the artistry and ideas of Chuck Walton, Ben Rodriguez or Mark Dudley, and . . . well, the next thing I know, the description is massive or I’m whipping up something new for the ‘Bot.

Part of the problem (besides my own overactive imagination and enthusiasm), is after this long wait, I want to wow you with page after page of new ideas, cool designs and new stuff.

Stupid? In some ways, yes! I should just bang the darn book out and move on to the next hotly anticipated (and late) book. The initial writing has been very good to excellent, but then I see additional potential or I come upon art conceived by Chuck (and others) that hasn’t been written or statted out yet, and my imagination is off to the races.

I’ve expanded the material so much that I may have to bump Drones and Cargo Haulers into NG-2 to make all the robots and weapons fit into 192 or 224 pages.

For better or worse, I’d often rather go way over deadline to make a book as memorable and fun as it can be. That sentiment resonates with all of us at Palladium Books, not just me. And sometimes, as a creator, you have to give vent to your creative muse. The hard part is, you never know if you have succeeded, or if the delays were truly worthwhile, until the final product is in the hands of the customer.

ALMOST DONE. Really. Enough is enough. The very final stage of production is here. We are wrapping up NG-1 right now. We should go into final layout by the end of the week.

Sorry I went a bit creatively gonzo on this one. I hope NG-1 will meet with your approval and pleasure. NG-2 and Megaverse® in Flames should go much, much faster. And boy oh boy, do we have some tremendous product in development.

Keep the faith and your imaginations burning bright.

Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright September 16, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”