A Murmur at last . . . June 9, 2013

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

A Murmur at last . . . June 9, 2013

Unread post by Kevin »

A Murmur at last . . .

Greetings, Earthlings.

I say that because we have been so consumed with work at Palladium that I feel like I’ve been away for a very long time. Not away from Palladium Books, I practically live here, but away from you, our extended family of friends and gamers. I mean, I haven’t posted a Murmur or on the Palladium Facebook page in a while. My apologies, I’ll try to be more diligent.

It’s 6:00 AM Sunday morning as I jump between writing this Murmur and answering my email. (I've yet to get to my Private Messages.) I’m at the office so early on the weekend in the hope of getting caught up on a few fronts. Wayne, Alex and I were in Saturday too, and both are coming in later this afternoon.

There have been a lot of demands on our time these past several weeks, on many fronts. Robotech® RPG Tactics™ first and foremost as everyone at Palladium Books and Ninja Division works at a feverish pace to get the box game, initial expansion sets, and the many Kickstarter items finished and into manufacturing. There is a lot to do for a massive undertaking like this. And for us, there is a ton of follow-up to the Kickstarter itself. We need to write and send the “survey” to Kickstarter participants, answer a few thousand emails, build the store for Kickstarter pledges, assign SKUs for the product line, assist in writing and editing, handle approvals, and many other related elements.

Then, we’ve been busy planning and prepping for Gen Con Indy. Yes, Gen Con is in August, but all the deadlines for name badges, advertising, furniture, electricity, etc., and all the planning, discussions and forms that need to be filled out, are due right now. Our booth (#1025) needs to be very different this year as we need to accommodate demos of Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and display game pieces and other game elements. Conventions are a lot of work for exhibitors like us. It’s all about promoting and selling existing and upcoming product as well as being there for gamers and interacting with you (the fun part of the convention).

There have also been a number of unexpected opportunities that have dropped in our laps: A few marketing opportunities, a podcast invite, another convention invitation, and a possible product expansion opportunity. All are wonderful and appreciated, but also add to our workload.

Meanwhile, we are also working to get Rifts® Northern Gun™ One finished and to the darn printer! It will be followed up with Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two, Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames, and The Rifter® #63, all before Gen Con!!!!

Plus, there are a few books to be sent into reprint, such as the Robotech® Macross Saga to be re-designed as an 8½ x 11 sourcebook, and other things going on behind the scenes; including meetings, brainstorming sessions, coordinating other sourcebooks for the future (so many great ideas), talking with freelancers, and so on.

Like I said, we are crazy busy! But these are also very exciting times.

That's it for now. I need to jump back into the writing of Rifts® Northern Gun™ One. Like I said, I’ll try to get back into the swing of posting more Murmurs and commenting on the Palladium Facebook page again.

Have a nice weekend.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright June 9, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, RPG Tactics™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”