A wild day at Palladium – January 24, 2013

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

A wild day at Palladium – January 24, 2013

Unread post by Kevin »

What a day! January 24, 2013.

Today was something else. I’m finishing my 15th hour of work. It’s been one of those wild, non-stop busy days. My day started at 7:00 AM and started off calm and predictable. I planned to write the Weekly Update and spend most of the day writing until The Rifter® #61 arrived.

I was doing some collating and packaging in the warehouse when our friend and representative from Anime North came by, all the way from Toronto, Canada, to drop off some stuff and discuss some of the things I’m doing for the convention. It’s always nice to visit with this gent and he joined in to help me with my work as we talked.

After a while, I had to excuse myself to take care of a few correspondences and to contact the printer about The Rifter® #61 and when it might arrive.

At 11:00 AM, the loan officer from my bank came by to discuss Palladium’s finances and plans for the future. She was helpful and encouraging. It was nice of her to also express that she was excited for Palladium and felt the company had turned a corner and was on the comeback trail. She loves the Robotech® RPG Tactics™ project and said she thought this year was going to be excellent for Palladium. The meeting went long, but very, very well.

At 1:00 PM I broke for lunch with my visitor from Canada.

We returned a little before 2:00 PM to find that Carmen Bellaire had dropped by for a visit. 10 minutes later, The Rifter® #61 arrived.

Meanwhile, Wayne Smith had spent the morning off-site taking care of computer issues for Palladium’s Bookkeeper. Julius was busy in the warehouse packing regular orders, pulling mixed orders for distributors and doing prep work for the shipping of The Rifter. Alex answered the phone and helped in the warehouse.

The Rifter® #61 is gorgeous and a great read. Our visitor helped us sort and count out books for about an hour before taking his leave with a copy of the issue and a few other titles under his arm.

Rifter® Subscriber copies have been processed and are in the mail. If you are waiting to re-subscribe or want to get this stellar issue, now is the time! The book is in and ready to ship. Re-subscribe now and you get a FREE gift. Take advantage of The Rifter® Super-Subscription Offer while you can. The offer ends in a few weeks.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... ption.html

I spent the next three hours sorting, stuffing envelopes, packing and placing postage on the subscriber copies and counting and packing distributors orders. Alex, Wayne and Julius put in another hour or two in the warehouse after I left to deal with other matters. My pal and Robotech® consultant, Jeff Burke – one of the guys I’m hiring to work on Robotech® RPG Tactics™ and the game pieces – dropped by to visit and he helped us with the Rifter® while chatting and talking about various topics. You know: business and Robotech® to goofy, clowning around silliness.

Jeff’s visit was timely, because in my email from the development team we are working with was an update on the progress of the project and the first 3D digital rendering of a Valkyrie in Fighter Mode. It is absolutely beautiful, though there were some small details and technical things that needed to be addressed. Jeff and I spent the next hour and a half doing Robotech® stuff, checking references, drawing some things out, indicating corrections and changes, writing notes and talking about several aspects of the project. Robotech® RPG Tactics™ is going to be fantastic.

Around 7:15 PM an unexpected call came in about one of our secret, Hollywood-based projects (not the Rifts® movie). The news wasn’t what we were hoping for, but the conversation went well and with any luck, the project will move forward. I hate road bumps. Grrrrrr.

At 8:00 PM, Wayne and I realized I hadn’t even started writing the Weekly Update yet, and we still had a number of things to do before I could, including several emails and writing this Murmur.

The Weekly Update will appear tomorrow, Friday. Sorry about the delay, but as you can see, it was a crazy, exciting and busy day. It’s going on 10:00 PM and I need to call it a day. Be excited. We are.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer and Game Designer

© Copyright January 24, 2013 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Northern Gun, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”