Quick Update – July 31, 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

I’ve had a number of people tell me they are enjoying the daily updates, so I will try to keep posting them. Enjoy.

NG-2 crowdfunding exceeds goal

As of this morning, the Northern Gun™ Two crowdfunding offer had seen 267 people participate for a total of $22,665. Our goal was $18,000, so we are happy. Both numbers may go up a bit as there are about a dozen orders that hadn’t gone through yet. We’ll be trying to process them later today or tomorrow and notifying those where there is a problem finalizing their order. A few additional Northern Gun™ Two crowdfunding may also slip in before Wayne takes it off the web site sometime later today. My thanks to everyone for their support and giving us another successful funding.

Rifts® Black Market is in final layout.

Julius has finished editing the first 116 pages of Rifts® Black Market. He’ll get the next 50-60 pages today. Wayne will be working on the cover and dropping in corrections until there's more to layout, which will be later today.

Yesterday was a big disappointment for me. My target was to get 40 pages of editing and rewriting done by the end of the day. Unfortunately, technical difficulties, and other demands forced a late start. Then exhaustion finished me off. I guess I pushed too hard and hit the wall, because I could only crank out 15 pages of what should have been an easy edit. I felt okay, but was going painfully slow.

I knocked off at 7:30 PM (which is early for me lately), relaxed for a couple hours and hit the sack around 10:30. Got up at 5:30 AM, showered, had breakfast, chatted with Kathy a bit, exercised and got to work around 7:30 AM. Writing much better today, at least so far.

Everyone who has seen the unfinished book is loving it. I wanted to get it to the printer today, but it looks like we’ll shoot for tomorrow. :( I'll be glad when this beauty is done and to the printer.

Gotta get back to it. Game on!

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, and Game Designer

© Copyright July 31, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”