Monday Report March 12 2012

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Writing and editing on Rifts® Lemuria is almost finished. Trying to decide if we bump the size up to 224 pages or cut some stuff out. The book is jam-packed with great ideas and artwork already, but we want this title to be epic. It should be to the printer by weeks end, whatever size it ends up.

I had planned to work all weekend, but Kathy was feeling ill. She has a touch of the flu or a really bad cold complete with aches, pains, and fever, so I decided to take Sunday off and stay home with her. I took her breakfast, we ran a few quick errands, and we spent the rest of the day watching DVDs and a bit of TV. It was nice. Relaxing. Of course, I had put in 12 hours of work on Saturday and Friday, long days for I don’t know how many weeks prior, so it was good to take the day off. Wish it were a week. ;) Wayne was looking rather worn out, so I gave him Sunday off as well.

Now we’re back at it, working hard to get Rifts® Lemuria to the printer and dive into Endless Dead™ and The Rifter® #58.

Had a good talk with Irvin Jackson on Friday. There had been some delays in his finishing the Robotech® Genesis Pits™ sourcebook, but he expects to have it to me in 2-3 weeks. Part of the delay was that he had a major breakthrough on the book and decided to retool half of it. The changes and additions sound perfect.

This morning I met with Carmen Bellaire to talk more about miniatures for Rifts® and Robotech®. Next up is to have a chat with Jon Paulson who sent me a couple of physical samples of his work. They arrived over the weekend and were very impressive.

Meanwhile, I’ve been trying to catch up on other work here and there and keep them balls juggling in the air. ;)

Online sales took a terrible turn over the weekend. Can’t say I can blame anyone, but ourselves. You’ve been waiting for new books for months, now. And we’re working hard to make that happen soon. Fear not, they are on their way.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Tired Optimist

© Copyright March 12, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”