New Bio-modifications...more or less

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Baron of chaos
Champion

New Bio-modifications...more or less

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Is more a developing and combo or already present
Bio-Force Field Enhancements
Pre-requisited: a bio-force field that is upgraded to the new form. Generall in form of glowing orbs along forearms
Force Weapons: the bio-electric filed take the shape of a melee weapon. The weapon so generated does the same damage as normal one +1d6 in Megadamage.
M.D.C. of the weapon: 2d8x10 MDC but take damage only if attacked directly
Bio-E Cost: 15 Bio-E per weapon shape. Note that thos measn you lose your pretty defensive force field as it is now shaped as weapon

Force shield: this simply focus the bio-Force field into a shield shape around the forerarm
While it does not offer the same degree of protection of full body force field it prove very usefull to parry in close combat
M.D.C. 1d6x10+20 and is +2 to parry
Bio-E Cost: 10 Bio-E
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Re: New Bio-modifications...more or less

Armored Wings: Just like it sound these are wings covered by a layer of chitinous ceramic like armor. They are tougher and their edges can be used for deadly swooping attacks.
Prerequisite: Wings and Qull defence(hard feathers), that are combined (you lose the quill defence)
MDC (2 wings): +2d6x50 each
Bonuses: the wings can be used to parry much like shield, of course not in flight! +1 to parry using the wings
Mega-Damage: punch damage + 1d6 megadamage, If quill launchers modification is taken to, they are part of the wings.

Bio-force kinesis: this is quite rare modification. Building three bio-force field projectors along the arm and one in the palm of the hand, it is possible create a thin layer of force around far object allowing to move them . Is quite complicated to use properly. But is extremely useful when in need to move a metallic object and no technojackers are around
Allow to move roughly 200 lbs at 100 ft range max
Bonuse: + 2 to strike and parry with objects , that's the only bonus possibles while using bio-force kinesis. Damage for thrown object is 1d6 MD per 20 lbs
Prerequisite: a bio-force field with at least 220 M.D.C
Bio-E Cost: 25 Bio-E
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I really like these. The bio-force kinesis is really cool.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Here some others

Bio-Energy Blades:
The bone blades become more sleek and draker in color, with some glowing etchings on its sides.
they are small bio-energy expulsion vents that channel life force in a field around the bone blade.
Prerequisite: A Bone blade and Bio-Energy expulsion vents, the lattest is absorbed inot the bone blade
MDC: when active the field add +6d6 to the bone weapon MDC
Megadamage: the energy field add an M.D. bonus to the bone blade one equal to P.E. +2 per extra 5 Bio-E point spent
Duration: the empowered state last 5 minutes with a pause of one minute between activation.. More than this weakens the user, same as Bio-Energy Expulsion Vents
Bio-E Cost: 10 Bio-E (also look at the prerequisite)

Explosive resin
Combining resin ducts and explosive chemicals, the host armo can secrete wha tis essentially, organic plastic explosive.
Prerequisite: Resin Ducts and Flame Weapons
Megadamage: the resin molecular structure is quite instable and it explode on storng impact or if overheated. When hurled the small sphere of explosive resin inflict 1d6 MDC per glob of resin throw, maximum size is a 5 pound glob. Or could be carefull placed for huge explosions with a timer fuse. As explosive inflict 1d6 megadamage per pound
Payload: only 10 pounds per hour +1 additiona pound per additional bio-e spent
Bio-E Cost: 20 points plus 1 per additional pound of explosive resin

Electro-whip
The serrated whip is charged with elexctricity for additional damage
Prerequisite: Serrated Whip and Electrical Discharger
M.D.C. of the electro whip: the whip is stronger haivng 5d6+15 M.D.C. It does have blue colored tendons wrapping it up
Megadamage: the whip crack with electricity inflicting 5d8 Megadamage for each lash, plus entagled victims suffer 1d12 of additional electricity damage each melee round. Note Organic suffer more as it hurt like hell, is like being whippe and electrocuted at same time! See notes under electrical weapons
Payload: unlimited
Bio-E Cost: 10 Bio-E
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Those are all great bio gear! Thank you for sharing them with us!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Oh I've others :D

Gills: Great missing from the book. I know that Host Armors already are able to breathe underwater, but biotics, gorehounds and warmounts not! Gills allow to breath underwater
Bio-E Cost: 5

Superior Bio-Comms: this is an advanced bio-comms that offer a wider form of organic communication. Is usually reserved for dreadguards of higher level, albeit is not unheard of Roughneck who get this as well.
Prerequisite: Bio-Comms that us evolved into superior models
bonuses: the range of communication is 10 miles instead of the usual six.
Can communicate with 1d4+1 different bio-comms at time
focusing ones attention on one bio-comms, could actually see and hear what the other bio-comms user is seeing and hearing. Focusing require all the attention, no other action is possible and is possible only at closer ranges , 1-3 miles
Bio-E Cost: 15

Blinding Web: The chemical concoction of the organic web is modified so it does impermeable by most of radiation and heat. What does this mean, apart from the web being of shiny grey color, like silver threads? Well for once the web can be use dot easily impair sight and advanced form of detection. Wrappin a sensor, be it head, an antenna or what ever extra appendage hold extra sense, in the web impair radar, thermal, infrared and heat sensors and radio comminications. Usefull to take out robot sensors before it could do anything
Prerequisite: Spinnerets and webbing, Chamaleon Skin
M.D.C.: the web has 15 MDC per 10 foot of length, or per 5 square feet, plus take half damage form fire and heat based attacks.
Payload: same as per normal webbing but additional uses cost 8 Bio-E from now on.
Bio-E cost: 10 points per spinneret to be upgraded.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Oh I've others :D

Gills: Great missing from the book. I know that Host Armors already are able to breathe underwater, but biotics, gorehounds and warmounts not! Gills allow to breath underwater

Superior Bio-Comms: this is an advanced bio-comms that offer a wider form of organic communication. Is usually reserved for dreadguards of higher level, albeit is not unheard of Roughneck who get this as well.
Prerequisite: Bio-Comms that us evolved into superior models
bonuses: the range of communication is 10 miles instead of the usual six.
Can communicate with 1d4+1 different bio-comms at time
focusing ones attention on one bio-comms, could actually see and hear what the other bio-comms user is seeing and hearing. Focusing require all the attention, no other action is possible and is possible only at closer ranges , 1-3 miles
Bio-E Cost: 15

Blinding Web: The chemical concoction of the organic web is modified so it does impermeable by most of radiation and heat. What does this mean, apart from the web being of shiny grey color, like silver threads? Well for once the web can be use dot easily impair sight and advanced form of detection. Wrappin a sensor, be it head, an antenna or what ever extra appendage hold extra sense, in the web impair radar, thermal, infrared and heat sensors and radio comminications. Usefull to take out robot sensors before it could do anything
Prerequisite: Spinnerets and webbing, Chamaleon Skin
M.D.C.: the web has 15 MDC per 10 foot of length, or per 5 square feet, plus take half damage form fire and heat based attacks.
Payload: same as per normal webbing but additional uses cost 8 Bio-E from now on.
Bio-E cost: 10 points per spinneret to be upgraded.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Even more

Organic Cloak: Despite the name it could take the shape of a cloak , a long scarf, or even a trenchcoat. This is part of the host armor, and has some peculiarity. First off allow gliding, same as gliding membranes, but not only. The cloak can move and bend responding neuro-impulse and chimical reaction of the pilot. As such they can move as tentacles, entangling, whipping, and parrying attacks. And look so damn cool. The cloak can detach at will, by the way, much like lizard's tail. And it will regrow completely
Prerequisite: Gliding Membranes and One additional pair of tentacles that merge into the cloak
Bonuses: Glide as per gliding membranes, +3 to parry, + 2 to entangle and +1 to whiplash strike, Whip strike does 1d8+4 Megamage or 4d6 SDC damage can be regulated, add +2 to Awe/Horror Factor
M.D.C. of the cloak: 2d4x10+15
Bio-E cost: 10 Bio-E

Electrofist: This is more an add on of Electrical weapons, something implicit into it. Simply channeling electricity through hands allow to add the electrical damage to the punch. Is cost no bio-e as is something you can already do( Electrical weapons can be used on touch, and who said the touch doesn't have to be punch?)
Cost: it counts as power punch, two action per melee

Rocket Punch: AKA angel's fist, mounting organic thrusters on the forerarm and synchronizing them with the act of punching, add an hell of power to the punching damage. The Angel's fist nickname coma from the vapors generated by the thursters right before strike.
Prerequisite: Hands: Armored Skin, Reinforced Forearm , Organic Thrusters(note they move on the arms so no flight is possible)
Mega-Damage: 1d8x10+20
Rate of fire: cost three attack per melee and can be performed only once per melee
Bonus: +2 to strike
Bio-E cost: 5 points( befroe you say is too low look at the prerequisites)

Explosive Web Ball: Combining a large sphere of web with the organic explosive make some one nasty surprise for opponents. This is one added feature to normal Spinnerets, allowing to conjure a web ball to throw at opponets. The sphere explode on impact , shooting a web in a radius of 20ft. The web is made of 3d6x10 web strands.
Prerequisite: Spinnerets and Webbing, One organic rocket
Mega-Damage: none, but take in count all those web strands impairing movements
Rate of fire: one Explosive web ball per melee
Duration: same as normal web
Bio-E Cost: 10 points per spinnerets to be modified

Sensible nets: Some spiders areable to feel everything tha tcome in contact with their web. Creating a large web and combining with an attuned motion detection an host armor could pretty much do the same
Prerequisite: Spinnerets and webbing, Motion detection
Bonuses: The range of motion detection is increased by the size of the web, as long as one is in physical contact with one's own web, plus +3 initiative.
Web size: 15 ft radius per webbing use, but creating one took one hour per 50 ft
Bio-E Cost: 5 points

Healing Cocoon: This derive from the genetics of some insects. And proved quite useful in saving the life of soliders on frontline. this bio-modification allow to created an hard cocoon of web strands, inside the coccoon temperature low and the user fall inot a sort of healing hybernation. Of course is always wise choose an hidden and safe location before cocooning oneself.
Prerequisite: Spinnerets and webbing, Regeneration: Enhanced or better
Bonuses: while in the cocoon healing speed is doubled, + 2 to save vs. poison/toxins/drugs.
M.D.C. of the cocoon: 1d4x10+80 does not emit thermal and infrared radiations
Duration: up to 12+2d6 hours.
Bio-E cost: 10 points
The Baron of chaos
Champion

here others

Electro-field
This is exactly what it does sound. The bio-Field intensity is increased so to damage everything it enter in contact with it
Prerequisite: Bio force field, Electrical Weapons, that is integrated/absorbed in the field projector.
Megadamage: the force field inflict 2D12 megadamage to everything that touch the field
Bio-E cost: 10 points.

Boosted sense
The host armor or biotic, could focus completely on one sense, ignoring all tohers, greatly enahcing them
Prerequisite: Enhanced senses
Bonuses: when focusing on one sense add +20% to the tracking/detection rolls, or +3 to perception rolls
Penalties: all other senses, included sight are ignored, in off mode, and the characteris completely focused , and klose initiative and one action per melee
Bio-E Cost: 5 points
Aramanthus
Monk

Nice new gear! Please keep it coming! I think its great additions!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

What he said.
Nice enhancements.
Have you though of harvesting any from the HU thread New Powers?
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

The Baron of chaos wrote:Oh I've others :D

But they can on page 86-7 Floating Air Bladder always the three to get Gills for 5 Bio-E points.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
The Baron of chaos
Champion

abtex wrote:
The Baron of chaos wrote:Oh I've others :D

But they can on page 86-7 Floating Air Bladder always the three to get Gills for 5 Bio-E points.

Oh i missed that note. sometimes happen..anyway if you like my new bio-modification why not checking my previous thread on this argument
viewtopic.php?t=58812&highlight=
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

The Baron of chaos wrote:Oh i missed that note. sometimes happen..anyway if you like my new bio-modification why not checking my previous thread on this argument
viewtopic.php?t=58812&highlight=

Already have it on my Hard drive.

Aramanthus
Monk

I also have it among my files for PB games. :D Glad to have it!

HH....FIE
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

how about a organic lazer for the bio-armor,or in a single item as a lazer pointer!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

abe wrote:how about a organic lazer for the bio-armor,or in a single item as a lazer pointer!

They have these under super light cells.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

For vampric metabolism how about blood draining fangs?
You know for feeding during combat & maybe super charging abilities?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

another idea I had was for a oilavore
perquisites: vampire fangs & lithavore diet
basically your host armor can drain the oil/gasoline from machines to power itself!
nice huh?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

think the machines mostly run on nuclear.

but you could easily just have something like a lithovore diet that benefits from consuming reactor fuel and get the same basic idea i suppose. honestly might be more plausible than some of the other diet-specific enhancements i've seen actually. i could definitely see depleted uranium casting cannons doing more than regular lithovore casting cannons, or having a giant bipedal lizard with atomic breath ;) :P

(be careful on that second one though, you never know what might randomly show up to fight it while it's stomping through cities smashing buildings and chomping nex-androids).
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

in the cities they have soda pop vending machines. maybe a soda draining type of bite to keep the wearer of the bio-suit hydrated?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

hair balls!
a cannon that fires wads of hair that can cause machines to seize up and freeze in place!
not sure what the perquisites would be though.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Bump?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Rocket tusks!
Perquisite:tusks & bio-rockets
Effect:you tusk gore attack causes a extra 1d6 Megadamage!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Air burper-the host armor can swallow a gulp of air (the amount could possibly vary with the level of the wearer) and cause a devastating burp that could cause a small (1d2 per level earthquake) that could potentially damage/destroy the machine

Return to “Splicers®”