Board index » MDC Worlds » Splicers®

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:42 pm

Palladin

there are no direct answers canonically, but these are my answers:

only super regeneration, and as fast as it would regenerate its own limb.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:15 am

Champion

Shark_Force wrote:

That's how we've played it as well.

"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:28 am

Palladin

LostOne wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

Not MDC value rate of arm but completion of suit limb percentage right? (e.g. The pilots arm isn't instantly regenerated with the first MD, but rather as the suits elbow is done so is the pilots, suits wrist and pilots wrist)
Or do.you think otherwise?

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:34 am

Palladin

Zer0 Kay wrote:
LostOne wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

Not MDC value rate of arm but completion of suit limb percentage right? (e.g. The pilots arm isn't instantly regenerated with the first MD, but rather as the suits elbow is done so is the pilots, suits wrist and pilots wrist)

well, unless you rule that the entire arm is regenerated when the first point of MDC is regenerated for some reason (bearing in mind that i already said it takes as long to regenerate as it takes for the suit to regenerate), no it won't be on the first point of MDC.

in fact, i'm afb at the moment, but i'm pretty sure the time to regenerate a limb for the super regeneration host armour is in fact not measured in MDC at all, so i'm not even sure where that question came from. unless i'm remembering completely wrong, super regeneration recovers far more MDC in the amount of time it takes to regenerate a limb than their limb could ever hope to have.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:01 pm

Palladin

Shark_Force wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
LostOne wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

well, unless you rule that the entire arm is regenerated when the first point of MDC is regenerated for some reason (bearing in mind that i already said it takes as long to regenerate as it takes for the suit to regenerate), no it won't be on the first point of MDC.

in fact, i'm afb at the moment, but i'm pretty sure the time to regenerate a limb for the super regeneration host armour is in fact not measured in MDC at all, so i'm not even sure where that question came from. unless i'm remembering completely wrong, super regeneration recovers far more MDC in the amount of time it takes to regenerate a limb than their limb could ever hope to have.

I too am AFB, but I think your right. Even though there is a Mac valu given it is for damage iirc limb regeneration is listed in time.

BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid

Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech

Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus

The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:11 pm

D-Bee

Follow up question to that.

With Super Regeneration you are able to regenerate via your armor as long as you remain inside it. The duration for an arm or leg is listed as 4d6+12 days. To regrow the limb you must remain inside the Host Armor the entire time. Exiting early leaves you with a "mishapened limb or no limb at all".

Since your Host Armor eats via its mouth, and you enter from its back, how does one eat, drink or take care of other bodily functions without leaving? The longest a human can go without food or water is much less than the 16 to 36 days required to regenerate.

The two options that come to mind is partially exiting the armor, which seems silly and like it could ruin the regeneration... or that you can somehow eat and drink with the armor on, which is unintuitive at best.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Palladin

i would speculate that there are ways to feed a person much like an IV, except with biotech. in all probability, you either get to some sort of medical station where they can provide such forms of treatment, or you just starve to death (or more likely, die of dehydration) unless your host armour has some means of providing nourishment to you specifically (pretty sure that's an option for some metabolisms). in fact, depending on host armour metabolism, you likely need to get someplace safe with someone to care for you anyways, because you aren't gonna be doing much hunting with only one leg :P

frankly, keeping you alive rather than death coming in a matter of minutes is in and of itself very impressive.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:06 pm

Champion

I would assume the suits are designed to allow the pilot to stay in it for days or weeks at a time on missions. Not too safe or practical to get naked in hostile territory to eat, relieve yourself, etc. You can get food and water to the pilot just as easily as air IMO.

"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:31 am

D-Bee

Thanks for all the help.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:28 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!
ZulkirJhor wrote:
Since your Host Armor eats via its mouth, and you enter from its back, how does one eat, drink or take care of other bodily functions without leaving? The longest a human can go without food or water is much less than the 16 to 36 days required to regenerate.

Certain metabolisms can provide nourishment, but there is a new enhancement in the "Genetic Expressions" that covers this specifically for other armors.

Ninjabunny wrote:
You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote:
The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:34 am

Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:
ZulkirJhor wrote:

Certain metabolisms can provide nourishment, but there is a new enhancement in the "Genetic Expressions" that covers this specifically for other armors.

iirc this was covered in one of the rifters...

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:50 am

We had the enhancement written for a while, so we may have included it in Rifter #50.

Ninjabunny wrote:
You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:18 am

Champion

I didn't realize Rifter 50 had Splicers stuff in it, will have to borrow that from a friend. What other Rifters have Splicers material in them? I know 32, 37, 38 and now 50.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Palladin

LostOne wrote:
I didn't realize Rifter 50 had Splicers stuff in it, will have to borrow that from a friend. What other Rifters have Splicers material in them? I know 32, 37, 38 and now 50.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=116312

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:05 am

Shark_Force for the win.

Ninjabunny wrote:

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:42 pm

Palladin

Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.
ZulkirJhor wrote:

The two options that come to mind is partially exiting the armor, which seems silly and like it could ruin the regeneration... or that you can somehow eat and drink with the armor on, which is unintuitive at best.

Just because the armor eats via its mouth doesn't necessarily mean it can't feed you through that orifice too, does it?

Although some don't have mouths, like the solar-powered...

I always figured it could accept food somehow, and take care of waste removal by inserting some kind of biological catheter where needed.

If you had to exit armor, why not just let the regen pick up where it left off when you re-enter later? Maybe with some kind of waiting period at first to re-acclimate before it begins again.