Technojacker in Rifts Questions

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rem1093
Dungeon Crawler

Technojacker in Rifts Questions

Unread post by rem1093 »

Was looking at playing a second gen. Technojacker but I have a couple of Questions first. I am using it as a race since the nano ability's are past from parent to kid, and using a Headhunter OCC.
1, Cybernetics. Would the nanites consider them as part of the body or as merged tech? For example, if you have a cyborg arm, would the nanites repair or power any of the implants, such as weapons, sensors, that are in it, without the arm being counted as merged tech?
2. Armor. (First off I don't like that the armor is suppose go over what you are wearing. I think that the light armor should run over just the skin.) When you form the heavy armor, and you are using a full suit of armor do you only use the stats as stated or if the base armor has greater MDC, would you use that? Such as using heavy armor or the bolt on Cyborg armor. Would the merging negate any penalties the the original armor has? Also the basic or unique systems that are part of the armor, would they count as just one peace of tech or would it not count since they are part of the armor?
3. Tech, this one is simple. When you merge with the different peaces of tech do the nanites allow for them to work together. For instance, if you linked with a tactical comp. and a radar system, would the Comp. be able to use that radar to track, I.D., and target? Also if you have something that has or attaches multiple peaces of tech (for example the utility belts), would it count as one merged item, or count each peace added to the belt?

I also got two ideas for Evo. ability's if want me to post them?
TagsPB
Explorer

Re: Technojacker in Rifts Questions

Unread post by TagsPB »

1. The last line of the Self-Regeneration power covers this. "This regeneration also extends to any cybernetic part that is based of cloned tissue, but not fully artifical, mechanical parts.
2. Going to leave this one to someone more qualified to answer.
3. Most likely this will be left to GM's call. I can see it going both ways.

New ideas are always welcome.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

You using the R.C.C. from the main book or the rifter version?
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
rem1093
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by rem1093 »

Slight001 wrote:You using the R.C.C. from the main book or the rifter version?

I use the one from the Rifter.

As for the EVO abilities.
Magnetic Shockwave: The Technojacket can quickly pulls in and then releases small peaces of matter from around them, like a fragmentation explosion. The shockwave does 5D6 and has a range of 20 ft. Also anything that weighs less the 500 lb. will get hurled 3D6 yards/meters, with air born targets getting thrown twice as far and into things.
Prerequisite: Magnetic Repulsion Field
Magnetic Blast: Simuler to the Shockwave, The blast quickly pulls in small peaces of matter, but then fires it the focused blast, like a shotgun. The blast has a range of 100 ft and does 3D6 plus 1D6 at each level. Also like the shockwave, the blast can knock down anybody under 15 ft or 1500 lbs.
Prerequisite: Magnetic Shockwave.
Adaptive Armor: When the nanites link with a machine they can scan any new or unknown armor composites, and then change nano armor to match it. For exp, the technojacker could touch a Glitter boy have the nanite learn what Chromium armor and then change its armor makeup to match. While it can lean 100's of types of armor it can only from one type at a time. This ability not only allows the nanites to change the composite of the armor it shape as well. The armor can morph parts of the armor, such as webbed hands and feet, glide wing, ext. Allowing the Techojacker to better survive in different environments.
Prerequisites: Increased Nanobot Expulsion and ether/or Increased Armor Integration (for use with Heavy armor), Reinforced Nanobot Armor (for use with light Armor)
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Looks interesting... sadly I can't find my copy of that Rifter... could have sworn I had put it with the others that had Splicers related materials.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Rifter #70
The TJs can get Bioware (cybernetics/bionics).
The Bioware is not seen as part of the TJ until he extends his Nanite Armor out. Then, the nanites will repair any cybernetics/bionics as if part of the nanite armor itself.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Splicers®”