Ranged Weapon Upgrades multi-select

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Ranged Weapon Upgrades multi-select

Unread post by Axelmania »

Can anyone see anything in the rules preventing re-selecting the same upgrade multiple times at each experience level?

So like, start with a weapon at 1st, double range at 2nd, double again at 3rd (total x4), again at 4th (total x8) again @ 5th (total x16) and so forth? Same with damage.

This would allow for a lot more flexibility, particularly if you wanted to make a progressively better sniper for hit and run against machines, to counter-act their range advantages with short/medium/long range missiles.

Am I overlooking some text somewhere which mentions only buying an upgrade once? The only thing I can see is you can only get 1 upgrade per experience level-up, which does limit how much bio-E you could spend, but being able to see a geometric increase in range or damage is still pretty tempting.
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Re: Ranged Weapon Upgrades multi-select

Unread post by krispy »

Hey mate,
the rule of thumb is that you can purchase each ranged upgrade only once, for each ranged weapon
but if you want to house rule your game where you can purchase them multiple times, then go for it ... but try and keep it balanced and practical

I can only imagine the size of a casting weapon that has been Mega-upgraded 4 times ... or the length of the barrel required, and energy output necessary to propel the castings at a range that is 5 times that of its base distance
connecting the dots

Return to “Splicers®”