I am Legion 75, 76 and 77 Information

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

89er
Adventurer

I am Legion 75, 76 and 77 Information

Unread post by 89er »

What can we expect from the upcoming rifter articles aside from new machines and other biotech?

I recall one with a draco head for an arm and children fused with repair machines.
TagsPB
Explorer

Re: I am Legion 75, 76 and 77 Information

Unread post by TagsPB »

You can expect.........to hate Legion.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:What can we expect from the upcoming rifter articles aside from new machines and other biotech?

I recall one with a draco head for an arm and children fused with repair machines.

Wow...hmmmm....what can we reveal...?
Well I know I can say that the two units that you just described you can expect to see in the very next Rifter#75 release.
They among some buddies continue to reveal just how twisted and calculating Legion really is.
You can also expect for Legion's actions to -possibly- pull on a few emotional strings.
Another O.C.C. Specialty upgrade to boot.

As the story continues to unwind, you will learn more about Legion, what makes her tick and what her objectives really are.
Plus you will see how Legion effects the Splicers world that we all know and have come to love and why she must be stopped.
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

[quote="Premier"
Wow...hmmmm....what can we reveal...?
Well I know I can say that the two units that you just described you can expect to see in the very next Rifter#75 release.
They among some buddies continue to reveal just how twisted and calculating Legion really is.
You can also expect for Legion's actions to -possibly- pull on a few emotional strings.

As the story continues to unwind, you will learn more about Legion, what makes her tick and what her objectives really are.
Plus you will see how Legion effects the Splicers world that we all know and have come to love and why she must be stopped.[/quote]

POSSIBLY?!?!?! Legion is pure evil, thinking its doing the greater good......which depending on ones view. NOPE......can't do it.....Legions gotta die.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

TagsPB wrote:
Premier wrote:Wow...hmmmm....what can we reveal...?

Plus you will see how Legion effects the Splicers world that we all know and have come to love and why she must be stopped.

POSSIBLY?!?!?! Legion is pure evil, thinking its doing the greater good......which depending on ones view. NOPE......can't do it.....Legions gotta die.

awe...surely you don't mean that. Legion only wants what's best. She has great plans for everyone.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Premier wrote:
TagsPB wrote:

awe...surely you don't mean that. Legion only wants what's best. She has great plans for everyone.

I am semi okay if her plan is to turn me into one of those manticore things because those look pretty bad ass. I am less okay if her plan turns me into a gun spider cause those things = creepy.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:
Premier wrote:
TagsPB wrote:

I am semi okay if her plan is to turn me into one of those manticore things because those look pretty bad ass. I am less okay if her plan turns me into a gun spider cause those things = creepy.

Tee hee hee...oh no...Kaid, she has much better plans for you... :eek:
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

Won't someone think of the children????
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Finally received and read through the latest legion adventure. Now questions incoming:

-The Terror Thumper's arm cannon spews heated liquid tungsten which can be refilled by eating the remains of other robots. Are all the robots built using primarily tungsten?

-I noticed in the stats of the amalgams that they have construction quality and time. The quality ranging from leftovers mixed and reanimated to the seamless pinnacle. Is this a potential preview of what could happen if some entity or organization became able to field Amalgams of their own? even having a table or two allowing players to create their own?

-How would legion move an entire gene pool into her factory walker without significant damage, since the Engineer person is just an extension of the Gene Pool?
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:Finally received and read through the latest legion adventure. Now questions incoming:

-The Terror Thumper's arm cannon spews heated liquid tungsten which can be refilled by eating the remains of other robots. Are all the robots built using primarily tungsten?

Great questions as always 89er . No, not all of the Machines robots are made of tungsten, but Legion's Factory Walker can refill the internal reservoir with Tungsten.
However, if the Terror Thumper is consuming scrap metal, then that is what will be melted down and utilized accordingly or blended with whatever metals the Factory Walker adds to the composition.

-I noticed in the stats of the amalgams that they have construction quality and time. The quality ranging from leftovers mixed and reanimated to the seamless pinnacle. Is this a potential preview of what could happen if some entity or organization became able to field Amalgams of their own? even having a table or two allowing players to create their own?

Indeed there will be an upcoming design your own Amalgams for Gamers to have fun with or fear or both.

-How would legion move an entire gene pool into her factory walker without significant damage, since the Engineer person is just an extension of the Gene Pool?[/quote]

Legion has some plans up her sleeve for this delicate procedure, which would possibly also involve the extraction of the attached Gene Pool, unless she already has a Gene Pool aboard the factory Walker, then it can become more of strategic surgical Transplant with the right assistants.
Last edited by Premier on Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the best way to move the pool would have been to excavate all the rock around it as one piece. sorta like how you mine a geode.. you don't cut the crystals out, you remove the whole cluster and it's surrounding bits of rock.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

glitterboy2098 wrote:the best way to move the pool would have been to excavate all the rock around it as one piece. sorta like how you mine a geode.. you don't cut the crystals out, you remove the whole cluster and it's surrounding bits of rock.

Glitterboy2098... ahem...
Have you been..... aboard the Factory Walker or in Legion's office?
Your tactic sure sounds like it :wink:
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

of course, the amount of ground you'd need to move (and the container to hold it all while moving) makes this the sort of thing that is the exact opposite of subtle, and likely requires a lot of sheer brute strength. you're essentially moving a 15-20 story apartment building full of dirt, after all.

i don't know if legion has access to that kind of resources (literally... i'm sadly not able to spare the money for the rifters in question, and as a result have not read it and don't know what it says). but given the kind of super-science the setting has, it is probably physically possible with their tech somehow or other, it's mostly a question of whether legion can either afford to have everyone notice, or in some way do it without anyone noticing (for the resistance, this likely involves stealing the pool from the burnt-out shell of a resistance outpost where nobody is crazy enough to have stuck around. for NEXUS, this presumably would require that legion can *really* cover (her?) tracks in the machine's network quite well, including blocking off any visual sensors from satellites, regular patrols, etc that might be in the area).
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Reading the latest IAL, brings up a new round of questions.

+ Where is the rest of NEXUS? A huge breach in their future plans has happened and they are hardly in the field. Are they learning what they can from Legion for themselves or are they busy fighting off the digital downpour of cyber warfare from Legion?

+ Is the Hijacker made from parts of the squid worm or the squid worms have been melded into the body acting like muscles?

+How will the Resistance deal with the aftermath of IAL and would it tie into any upcoming books?

+ What has become of the Metal Storm?
Malleustein
D-Bee

Unread post by Malleustein »

What XP Table do Tempests use?
"The Point is Good Deeds Were Done and We Were Nearby!"
Malleustein
D-Bee

Just had a chance to read the final chapter of I Am Legion. Good job to all involved. It is a solid adventure and would make a cracking scenario sourcebook in the same style as Chaos Earth Resurrection if it were assembled into one volume.

Still waiting to hear what the Tempest XP table is though.
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

Malleustein wrote:Just had a chance to read the final chapter of I Am Legion. Good job to all involved. It is a solid adventure and would make a cracking scenario sourcebook in the same style as Chaos Earth Resurrection if it were assembled into one volume.

Which issue was it in again?
I think it just continue to use either the Biotic or the Roughnecks (depending on which class it was pre upgrade). Chucks bee busy of recent (plus without power) so he hasn't had much of a chance to check here.
Malleustein
D-Bee

The Rifter #76 I think.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Thank you fellow Spliceheads for indulging in the Bio-Love that we were so thrilled to finally share. There is one last follow up "I am Legion" (IAL) segment that will be published in The Rifter# 78 for those seeking to continue with the Rogue Personality and her objectives.

Now to answer some inquiries if I may...

Shark Force Wrote:
of course, the amount of ground you'd need to move (and the container to hold it all while moving) makes this the sort of thing that is the exact opposite of subtle, and likely requires a lot of sheer brute strength. you're essentially moving a 15-20 story apartment building full of dirt, after all.
i don't know if legion has access to that kind of resources (literally... i'm sadly not able to spare the money for the rifters in question, and as a result have not read it and don't know what it says). but given the kind of super-science the setting has, it is probably physically possible with their tech somehow or other, it's mostly a question of whether legion can either afford to have everyone notice, or in some way do it without anyone noticing (for the resistance, this likely involves stealing the pool from the burnt-out shell of a resistance outpost where nobody is crazy enough to have stuck around.

Your absolutely correct, and that is why Legion was not being subtle but strategic in how she planned to execute such a difficult task. I don't want to spoil any of the reading and story for you, but to answer your question, indeed Legion does have the resources and industrial and surgical capabilities to a conduct such a feat.

for NEXUS, this presumably would require that legion can *really* cover (her?) tracks in the machine's network quite well, including blocking off any visual sensors from satellites, regular patrols, etc that might be in the area).

In the Rifter #78 you will see just how Legion fares with her Big sisters of NEXUS and what she is up to. Personally I'd say Legion is running on borrowed time that she keeps playing and hitting the pause button on.

89er Wrote:
Reading the latest IAL, brings up a new round of questions.

Where is the rest of NEXUS? A huge breach in their future plans has happened and they are hardly in the field. Are they learning what they can from Legion for themselves or are they busy fighting off the digital downpour of cyber warfare from Legion?

Well... if you have received The Rifter # 77, you'll get part of your answer and the rest of it will be concluded in the Rifter # 78. So no spoilers until then.

Is the Hijacker made from parts of the squid worm or the squid worms have been melded into the body acting like muscles?

Great questions as always 89er! The Highjacker is made/augmented from the Squid worm species and is reinforced and treated to become a living biomechanical drone. It was the only way it could truly interface with another fully biological design (Biotech) and interface with the Bio-E. This is just one of the many tests that Legion plans to conduct in her grand schemes of unifying man and machine.

How will the Resistance deal with the aftermath of IAL and would it tie into any upcoming books?

Oh heck yeah the Resistance and NEXUS will have their hands dirty with Legion. Please see the answer to your first question. Rifter#77 & 78 will be fruitful delights for you and scary for your players.

What has become of the Metal Storm?

I'm still toying with it, though I think I will return it to be the forum contest once I upload the final results for Unleashed. I had planned to turn Metal Storm into a sourcebook, but as I have recently learned, books with so many contributors could be more paperwork than what PB normally prefers to deal with. Who knows, if I only put the Metal Storm Winners in the Splicers: Metal Storm Sourcebook, then that would mean that only the top 4-5 would need to sign paper work and be compensated for their contributions.

BTW, I have finished the final two Winners of Unleashed via the pencils a long time ago, but wanted the colors to really shine, but haven't taken the time to digitally paint them. Now that I'm teaming up with Eduardo, I may see if I can get him onboard.

Malleustein Wrote:
Just had a chance to read the final chapter of I Am Legion. Good job to all involved. It is a solid adventure and would make a cracking scenario sourcebook in the same style as Chaos Earth Resurrection if it were assembled into one volume.

So glad to hear you enjoyed IAL. It was a pleasure and an honor to work with EVERYONE and I'm glad to see the production come to light. Slappy wrote the adventure and a great majority of the source material YEARS ago and I sincerely wanted it to see publication. By all means please keep the requests coming to Kevin and Wayne for converting IAL into a sourcebook or two.
What XP Table do Tempests use?

TagsPB actually got it right. If the Tempest stems from a Biotic then that character continues with that XP table and likewise if the character was a Roughneck before the Tempest process then they continue that path afterwards. I pondered using the Outrider XP instead, but think it best this way as it expands upon the original character base and growth and not so much focus is placed on the original O.C.C.

By all means. please keep the Splice questions and ideas flowing...
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Why wont KS just collect all this Extra Splicer material printed already and just rerelease it as a Splicers RPG Worldbook ?
Getting tired of KS piecemealing out any Splicers RPG material in just the RIFTERS DANG IT.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

well, it's better than the "Beyond the Supernatural" treatment.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Well i am catching up.
Bought Rifter #70, #71&72, 73, 74, 76...
Missing #75, #77...

#70's Technojacker info was great.
And #74's the Advanced Biotic was great too.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

TechnoGothic wrote:Well i am catching up.
Bought Rifter #70, #71&72, 73, 74, 76...
Missing #75, #77...

#70's Technojacker info was great.
And #74's the Advanced Biotic was great too.

So glad to hear your back and diving in.
You and your incredible innovations are deeply missed!

Return to “Splicers®”