I AM LEGION

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

I AM LEGION

Unread post by Premier »

Hey Spliceheads!!!!! The "I am Legion" Splicers adventure has begun.....!!!!!!

Rifter 71/72 double issue has been doing VERY well being the first double issue with some impressive contributions. For me though, this was a personal victory. See, this adventure dates back to 2006/2007 when Slappy and I first begun working on this project.

Originally we wanted to develop something just for Splice Masters (and Game Masters too) to use to demonstrate how the interaction between the N.E.X.U.S. machines and Splicers could be far more interactive and entertaining then just the typical Terminator vs Guyver approach to Splicers. But the more we developed and dove into this new Machine personality, the more ideas we generated. Before we knew it we had so many ideas, concepts that we had a sourcebook or two as opposed to just the Legion concept. Slappy took things to the next level with his adventure writing skills. Man... if you think his ideas and write-ups are amazing, just check out the Legion Adventure that has begun in Rifter71/72! IMHO, its so cinematic in flow, intriguing and unpredictable yet provocative and demonstrates just how entertaining Splicers can be.

The "I AM LEGION" adventure is written in an episodic format due to its original length, but also to enable Spliceheads to play each segment and to enjoy (digest) the new information and source material seeded into each episode. This entire adventure will provide many new things for Splicers as far as Biotech weapons, War Mounts, O.C.C.s, new O.C.C upgrades, and NPCs as well as new Machines and machine tactics to experience. And when it comes to NPCs, whew, we recruited some top-notch Gamers and Writers of Palladium gaming to bring these characters to life. Even more, they are from our very own Splicers forums: Guy LeDouche, NMI, and TagsPB. Each one of these Gents brought their A-Game to the forefront with their impressive NPC write-ups and stating. They demonstrated hard work, the addictive fun of the Splicers community and the enjoyable creativity that I have come to seek and enjoy with Rifters. Thank you guys so much for such an impressive and job!

I sincerely admonish anyone who enjoys Splicers or is looking for a nice adventure campaign to run or to introduce others to the Splicers setting to give this adventure a try or simply if you enjoy a good read. Oh, I forgot to mention, its all "Official" Splicers source material. Don't miss the beginning of this adventure that starts inside the double issue Rifter#71/72, as Rifter 73 will continue with the next episode of "I AM LEGION."
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Re: I AM LEGION

Unread post by darkguyver »

I try get soon as get cash and live stream of this on goggle hang out and steam.
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Very recently "Blood and Iron" (see Rifter #70) and now this? The quality and the writing of Splicers material has gone through the roof! And the Art...the Art, right now is unto another league (ok, I love Chuck art so you could tell that I am a little bit biased :) ).

Congratulations to everyone responsible for the SPLICERS material of Rifters #70, #71/72, including the publisher (PB).

P.S.: I know it is off topic but I can´t believe we are not enough to try to crowdfund a "Rewrite/Update the Art/Change the cover", of the SPLICERS RPG Main Book, including all the Official Material in the Rifters, so we could have everything in one place...
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Agreed. Both have some great writing. Gotta go through 71/72 again.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Since parts one and two are out, could we get a clue or three about part three?
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

Just finished re-reading Rifter 73........
I want more....Rifter 74 won't be out soon enough.
Amazing art work...good story....
Trying not to spoil things for those who haven't gotten their books yet.....must not tell everyone how part 2 ends.
33 pages of Splicer awesomeness.
Give us more.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Thank you fellow Spliceheads SO MUCH!!!!!!, for ALL of the amazing support, encouragement and kind words for the I AM LEGION articles (Rifter 71/72 & 73).
I am thrilled to be illustrating this suspenseful adventure that Slappy wrote. Slappy has had this masterpiece brewing for some time now and it is such a thrill to see his talented work surface once again, to the publication of this epic release. Guy LeDouche has stepped in and has been simply amazing for both articles with the OCC upgrade developments and NPC write-ups and stats. NMI and TagsPB have also assisted in 71/72 with NPC development & stats, helping deliver this adventure more than I would have ever imagined it to be. We have been getting some nice emails and calls regarding this article and of course the enjoyable posts here (i.e. Francheschi, Bookwyrm, 89er, Kaid, TagsPB, Dark Guyver, etc.) on the forums. Such team work makes me so excited working on this adventure.

Legion is soon to play some of her best cards so be sure to get in on the adventure, because its about to heat up.
For those of you that are employing the new personality, Legion into your setting and or are playing this adventure please post your experiences and feedback as well.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:Since parts one and two are out, could we get a clue or three about part three?

hmmmm.... Since you asked....

Spoiler:
Clue One: The Player team goes deeper into the world of Bio-Technology and gets taste of its forbidden fruits.

Clue Two: Legion begins to play dirty tactics and makes it personal. Very... dirty.

Clue Three: There will be "monsters" of various scales in the next episode.
Not sure if you would be "willing to bug out and call it even" or if you are "going to be amped , ready to scream "LETS ROCK!!!!!!! and ready to kick some @$$!"

One thing is for sure, you better keep "something handy, for close encounters."

Clue Four: New weapons, New Machines, New Bio Enhancements, New War Mounts, New O.C.C.

Clue Five: One of these clues may or may not be true. :lol:
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Waiting for Rifter 74 for more Legion.
Now I am waiting 75 and beyond.

Great so far!!!!
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I am super glad to have the bio turtles of death in print. Another great OCC for those who like to play support/combat engineering type roles. Splicers is really nice in that they have some really fun and strong people who are not necessarily direct combatants like the gardener/sweeper/hive lord.

Sweepers could really learn to make the robot be afraid of chasing down any splicer squad fast.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

I have not even finished Rifter #73 (I am Legion Part 2) but I can assure you: this is the best RPG article in the Rifter ever! It really deserves to be published as a Splicers book. Are we really sure that there aren´t enough Spliceheads to kickstart such an idea by ourselves?

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

the bottleneck isn't money. it's time. look at kevin's schedule. last i checked, next 3 books coming out are part 1 and 2 of CS:heroes of humanity, and then after that there's another rifts book. can't remember which one, offhand. not pertinent to this discussion, at any rate. main point being, in order to reach his goals, kevin will have to finish those 3 books in the next couple of months, iirc. after that, i believe he has a few more projects he's working on. plus, knowing kevin... he's got a couple things he wants to surprise us with as well.

so unless your kickstarter is to either build a time machine or a method of turning human minds into data that can be copied, i don't imagine the money will help. there is only one kevin. more money won't make more kevins. so more money won't help.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Shark_Force wrote:the bottleneck isn't money. it's time. look at kevin's schedule. last i checked, next 3 books coming out are part 1 and 2 of CS:heroes of humanity, and then after that there's another rifts book. can't remember which one, offhand. not pertinent to this discussion, at any rate. main point being, in order to reach his goals, kevin will have to finish those 3 books in the next couple of months, iirc. after that, i believe he has a few more projects he's working on. plus, knowing kevin... he's got a couple things he wants to surprise us with as well.

so unless your kickstarter is to either build a time machine or a method of turning human minds into data that can be copied, i don't imagine the money will help. there is only one kevin. more money won't make more kevins. so more money won't help.

I really don´t get it. Why is Kevin necessary to print something that is already printed (or almost printed), but just in another format?

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Most submissions in my understanding once they get to the stage of active production undergo any where from some to a great deal of reworks and rewrites. I think after the whole crisis of treachery issue kevin may have gotten a bit more hands on where everything pretty much has to flow through him and palladium being a small company there is just a limit of hours in the day to produce stuff.

That and the wacky and awesome palladium writers often get a bit over creative. Like the heroes of humanity stuff once they started the final production cycle they just kept cranking out more and more and more stuff it wound up being larger than expected AND is splitting into two books. In general there are about 4 books and 4 rifters a year. If they can crank out books faster I will be sitting here throwing money at my computer monitor but at this point it kinda is what it is.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

ffranceschi wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:the bottleneck isn't money. it's time. look at kevin's schedule. last i checked, next 3 books coming out are part 1 and 2 of CS:heroes of humanity, and then after that there's another rifts book. can't remember which one, offhand. not pertinent to this discussion, at any rate. main point being, in order to reach his goals, kevin will have to finish those 3 books in the next couple of months, iirc. after that, i believe he has a few more projects he's working on. plus, knowing kevin... he's got a couple things he wants to surprise us with as well.

I really don´t get it. Why is Kevin necessary to print something that is already printed (or almost printed), but just in another format?

i wouldn't say it is entirely *necessary* for kevin to edit every single book that palladium publishes (apart from the rifter. usually). but whether it is necessary or not, that is what seems to be happening. i don't know if it's just a matter of none of palladium's other employees being up to the task, or if kevin just wants to do it all personally, or something else i haven't considered at all. but from all i can tell, sitting on the outside, kevin edits (and often adds to, rewrites, or otherwise modifies) basically everything except the rifter. and seeing as how official material often gets printed there, sometimes even the rifter has his hand in it in a big way.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

ffranceschi wrote:I have not even finished Rifter #73 (I am Legion Part 2) but I can assure you: this is the best RPG article in the Rifter ever! It really deserves to be published as a Splicers book. Are we really sure that there aren´t enough Spliceheads to kickstart such an idea by ourselves?

This has been discussed previously and will be revisited at GenCon this year.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Splicers®”