Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Game Room Announcements

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Explorer

Dear <<Your Name Here>>

Thank you for your interest in applying for the Junior Centurions program. We regret to inform you that your application has been accepted. We like to think we only accept the best. Welcome aboard.

((Insert legalize regarding responsibilities))
Instructions:

Please report to #1 Centurion Plaza. St. Louis, MO 63101 no later than 0900 hrs. Be advised, late arrivals will have their status reevaluated.

((Insert list of what items to bring when reporting))

And once again, thank you for your interest.

((Insert illegible signature))

Yes. I am once more throwing my hat into the GM field in the hopes that RL will allow me to run and have fun. I will update this post with the specifics of the game.

The Premise:
The campaign takes place in the HU universe, with some modifications, so don’t assume everything you read in the books, as far as setting, is concrete fact. Century city is located upon the east coast. A relatively short time ago, the premiere Super Enforcement Agency of Century City, the Centurions, opened a chapter on the west coast.

It was a rousing success with the public. Approval ratings for super powered groups rose slightly, but for the Centurions especially, they were even more of a media darling than before. Wanting to capitalize upon this, and keep the momentum going, the powers that be decided they would try and open a third chapter in the Midwest, St. Louis to be exact. The area of responsibility would be along the Mississippi river basin, basically the middle of the country.

This is where the players come in. The first major flaw in the plan, is the Centurions ran out of A List heroes to help stock, and lead this branch of the Centurions. Thus, while the tower was being constructed, a recruitment drive went into effect.

Enter the Player Characters. Of all those who submitted to join, or were already on auxiliary lists for the Centurions, they were accepted to come in an ‘try out/train’ to become members.

Some House rules. (Subject to Change)
Spoiler:
Here are some house rules I tend to utilize. The list is not all inclusive and may be subject to changes and overridden by GM rulings during the game.

Character Generation: (HU)
A)Starting Attributes. My default method for generating stats in my HU games is rolling 2d6+6 and arranging to taste. I allow up to two explodes for a max starting stat of 30.
--For this game, only pure humans will be using that method. All others, to include but not limited to Aliens, Experiments, Mutants and Super Soldiers will be using standard 3d6 (with possible explodes) and arrange to taste.
--Any race that has a bonus to the stat, (ex. 3d6+4) are not eligible for explodes to that stat
--A special note about stat derived abilities such as Charm/Impress and Trust/Intimidate. They are not super powers that allow you to inflict a condition upon an opponent. Any PC who attempts to do so will have the same done to them by NPCs. If a roll is needed in this area, I will call for one or do so myself to modify NPC attitudes.

B)Power Categories

1)Aliens
--Any Race not from an HU sourcebook will require approval first.
--AUGG education packets by GM approval only.
--Racial histories may be affected by setting. Check with GM for changes
--Alien special starting equipment by GM approval only.

2)Bionic
--Full Conversion and Transplant cyborgs with Reinforced Exoskeletons may purchase an upgrade to PS, to the equivalent of Robotic/SH PS. (Costs +50% to PS price)
--Full Conversion and Transplant cyborgs with Reinforced Exoskeletons, if desired, may purchase an upgrade to the bionic Body armor to the equivalent of Robotic (NAR). The cost is the same. The AR is reduced by 3 pts but becomes Robotic (NAR). The SDC is cut in half. Ex: Full body armor, Normally; AR 18, 750 SDC becomes: NAR 15, 375 SDC

3)Experiment
--Super Soldiers are their own power category now.

4)Hardware
--Doubling up on Hardware Categories by GM approval only
--Analyze and Operate Devices does not allow you to pilot/use machines like an expert, but rather closer to that of base level.

5)Magic
--Enchanted Weapons must be an ancient weapon, but can also include bows as well as shields.
--Mystic Bestowed PS is equivalent to Superhuman when transformed.
--Mystic Bestowed from Armageddon Unlimited not available during this game.

6)Mutants
--Mutant Animals may use ATB2 creation rules (except for education) with GM approval

7)Mega-Hero
--Mega Heroes are not banned at this time.
--Undead Mega-Power is banned at this time.

8.)Physical Training
--Physical Training may substitute Rifts: Japan martial arts (Not counting Teng-jutsu)

9)Psionics
--See corrections in HUGMG for base ISP (if you have a 1st printing)

10)Robotics
--Robot creation budgets are increased by $4 Million.

11)Special Training
--Ancient Master: Minor Super Power Substitutions available subject to GM approval.

12)Empowered

13)Eugenics
--Subject to GM approval

14)Gestalt
--Gestalt heroes are banned at this time.

15)Imbued
--Discuss with GM about possible changes prior to picking category.

16)Immortals
--Immortals are allowed at this time.
--Immortals, regardless of if they are Mega-heroes or not, use the mega-hero experience chart.
--Personal weapon subject to GM approval.

17)Super Invention
--Education Option: Hardware is available, and can be other than electrical with GM approval

18)Minor Heroes
--Minor Heroes are not being used in this game.

19)Natural Genius
--Natural Genius use the Mega-hero experience chart.
--Natural Genius are banned in this game.

20)Super Soldier
--Due to the increase in power and education, Super Soldiers use the Demi-god experience chart.

21)Symbiotic
--Category available with GM approval only

22)Ancient Weapons Master
--Personal weapon option available with GM approval only.

C)Super Powers
--Here is a list of powers that I have banned for this game: APS: Light, Command the Lieutenants of Hell, CEF: Time, EE: Dimensional Energy, EE: Soul Blast, Invulnerability, Jinx, Karmic Power, Massive Damage Capacity, Pause Temporal Flow, Radiation Control, Summon & Control Nether Beasts, Summon Lesser Demon/Devil, Zombie Flesh
--Any power deemed disruptive to the game. For example: someone taking Feral when the campaign is based in a metropolis or heavy urban setting.

D)Combat
--I will be utilizing a 5 pass combat round for this game.
--N&SS martial arts are not allowed for this game.
--Rifts: Japan martial arts available with GM approval, and addition cost in skills.
--Weapons:
--1) Shields provide a +2 to parry in addition to the WP Shield skill, unless power or piece of equipment says otherwise

E)Magic
--I will be utilizing RUE magic casting rules

F)Perception
--I will be testing a new perception rule for this game. The reason being, with this rule in place, it makes skills such as Detect Ambush and Detect Concealment relevant again. The mechanic works as follows. Take the average of the Character’s IQ and ME stat. [ (IQ+ME)/2=Score ]That is your base perception Score. Then roll a D20 and compare it to the base perception score.
--1) Obvious things can be noticed by rolling under The Score x 2.
--2) Simple things can be noticed by rolling under The Score
--3) Moderate things can be noticed by rolling under The Score x 0.5 (1/2)
--4) Challenging things can be noticed by rolling under The Score x 0.25 (1/4)
--5) Difficult things can be noticed by rolling under The Score x 0.125 (1/8)
--Powers and abilities pertaining to perception will provide bonuses to the base perception score. (List of powers and what bonuses to the score they provide will be upcoming.)
--Importing this mechanic into settings that use the RUE perception system will be modified as followed. Take the perception bonus awarded, such as a bonus provided by OCC, and apply half of it to the base perception score. It can also be figured by this way. [ (IQ+ME+Perception Bonus)/2=Score ]

G)Rifters
--Anything from a Rifter requires prior GM approval.

More human than human.

Last edited by Genhuman on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:17 pm

D-Bee

The story so far......

Team met each other...
Team met Divers....
Team met Instructor 1.....
Most of team fell into a trap and got humiliated....
Team got to their housing......
Team ate lunch anticipating what comes next....

To be continued....

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Explorer

Added a small list of house rules to the main thread.

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:35 pm

Explorer

Small change to Combat heading. Added bonuses for shields

Added play test rules for Perception.

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Explorer

Location: Beaverton, Oregon, US, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group
Are you still accepting new characters? How is this game being played (Skype, hangouts, messenger, etc.)?

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Explorer

Yes! I am still accepting new characters. The game is being played in the Palladium Chat rooms. The current night for gaming is on Monday Nights. There is a slight chance of game night changing, but right now, Monday seems to be working.

I like to say the start time is 1930 (7:30 PM) Eastern. What this really means is everyone shows up by 2000 (8 PM) and we actually start gaming at 2030 (8:30 PM).

The PCs are currently in the 'basic training' phase, in that they are still learning how to be Centurions, while keeping their own personality and style. What this means is, it is very easy to bring in new PCs at this stage of the story.

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:27 am

Explorer

Location: Beaverton, Oregon, US, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group
What other power categories are already in the group? I want to make sure I'm not overlapping with anybody else's powers

Oh, and I almost forgot, what room do you guys play in?

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Palladin

Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
Alex Skye Babineaux
Magister Babineaux, Alex Skye Babineaux, you can call me Alex though.
Age 21
Nationality French/American dual citizen
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark grey
Alex is a slim androgynous person. Either they are a handsome girl or a beautiful boy... either way they have a beauty that manages to be attractive with out being overtly sexual (PB 24 MA 16). The issue is not helped by Alex's indiscriminate use of both genders pronouns in regards to him/her self.

Alex is a mage, every spell he/she casts seems to cause the shadows around him/her to twist and turn (light show). He/she is also increadibly strong (in the gym he/she was beanch pressing 11,000lbs... and did so for over ten minutes!) He/she is also apparently very tough (he/she described a firework going off in his/her hand... a 2inch mortar...)

In the most recent incident at the mall their other abily was revealed

(20:52:05) (18_Alex): "Au nom du Pacte et du Sang, j'appelle l'Ombre d'Arcadie."
*The shadows at Alex’s feet twist into a complex shape resembling some sort of geometric pattern*
<snip>
(20:57:38) (18_Alex): "Prenez garde à moi car je suis l'héritier de Liddle."
*A glowing heraldric device of some sort appears and overlays the pattern*
<snip>
(21:01:50) (18_Alex): "Que ta force soit ma force, comme ma volonté est ta volonté."
*From the pattern liquid shadows flow up coating Alex from head to toe in inky darkness*
<snips>
(21:08:47) (18_Alex): <Shouting> "Renaissance de crystalis d'ombre!"
*The shadows expand out… forming wings… and then suddenly cracks and explodes into a swarm of short lived butterflies made of pure shadow*
Alex is standing there, but now in a totally different outfit... and large butterfly style wings.

This gives credence to their wild stories in the lunch room about their family being related some how to "fairy nobility"

What IS know of their background is that their family (the Babineaux) seem to be very rich, and that Alex was raised in a rather... interesting family society (they have talked about a cousin attempting to assassinate them, the family apparently has a dueling tradition, and the like)
Alex claims to have recently lost their position as heir and thus now are no longer in possession of that wealth... and now, needing work for the first time in their life decided to join up with the Centurions.

The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Explorer

Here's what I've got available at the moment. I can also make a new character if necessary.

Blackguard: Psychic. From the UK. Part of a secret society to protect the world.
The Green Meanie: Mutant Animal (Parakeet). From South Africa. Hates humans, but will work with a team if they work hard to gain his trust. Truly dumb as a post. With an I.Q. of 5 I'm just trying to keep him from drooling on himself.
Mae Ha Rga (Maharaja): Ancient Master. From Tibet. Mostly diplomatic mission to try to get Tibet free of China, but he's also trained to be a superhero to show that Tibet brings something to the table as it's own world power.
Mancatcher: Alien Bionics (Sprekalian in Aliens Unlimited) He's a rookie cop with the TMC sent to Earth to help Alpha Prime. She can't be everywhere on the planet at once.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:14 pm

Explorer

Just because I have slightly different stat generation for this, and I have a set XP amount to start with, all the PCs so far have been freshly generated. That doesn't mean I won't accept one you already have, but it does mean that you may have to adjust their level, etc. Also, remember, these guys are not supposed to be the A-level heroes. The struggle is part of the premise.

Of the ones you posted, here are my thoughts:
Blackguard. We did have someone submit a psychic, but they have not been able to commit to the game yet. He may not like the fact that the Centurions will have knowledge of his background being a secret society member.

I am not sure "The Green Meanie" would fit, if only because the premise of the game is to have PCs the centurions would actually accept into their ranks, even on a 'junior member' type basis. I am not sure they would accept a Human hating bird with a low IQ. Of course I could be wrong, and it may fly well with the group.

Your ancient master will fit about as well as any into the group. While the Centurions may not like him trying to use his position for political statements, they won't stop him, unless he makes a scene or it becomes "an issue."

As far as the Alien bionic, you would be the 3rd alien proposed to me. Also, due to the changes I have made in my version of the HU Universe, the TMC would not be sending any members to earth, and your racial history may change. While you may very well be a rookie cop, you would not be a member of TMC. I would have to review and get back with you on those changes.

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Explorer

Due to RL reasons, it looks like I will have to cancel the session for Monday, 13 Mar 2017. While there is still a slim chance I would be available, I am not going to hang my hopes on such a slim chance. If it comes to pass I am available, and my players are around, I will run, but chances are not looking good.

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:09 pm

Palladin

Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
Alex will be there regardless.
If all else fails Alex will be happy to direct an RP session where we can discuss the case, brainstorm about it, and talk about important details (like how wonderful Alex is :lol:)

Session was had.
Youngten was introduced and a the Police MRS (Metahuman Response Squad, called derisively "The Misses") was busy cleaning up after the Gorilla Girl incident and looking for clues.

The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Explorer

Genhuman wrote:
Due to RL reasons, it looks like I will have to cancel the session for Monday, 13 Mar 2017. While there is still a slim chance I would be available, I am not going to hang my hopes on such a slim chance. If it comes to pass I am available, and my players are around, I will run, but chances are not looking good.

I regret to inform everyone that my RL issues have continued into this week. Things should be cleared up by next week and I am hoping to run. I ask that my players don't give up hope on the game. It will resume.

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Explorer

Due to some changes in my schedule, it looks like I won't be able to let the game run as long as I have been, after Midnight (Eastern). That being said, in order to compensate, I am looking to see if it Might be able to start the game an hour earlier than normal.

I have been shooting for getting everyone there by 8 Eastern, to hard start by 8:30. Are there any objections to moving this up to a 7 eastern?

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:07 am

Palladin

Memorandum in Record
Alex wishes to make sure that all Centurion personnel are aware of PRs Host City Program. This is a mandatory program that is considered working hours exemptions will be made on a necessity basis. During publicity time individuals are required to attend social function in the city. Games, Operas, Concerts, Festivals, Clubs, Restaurants, Parks, and other such locations. They will be expected to be on their best behavior, recognizable, and to be friendly and sociable with the citizens of the city.

Also it will be required that at a minimum at least one lunch and one dinner each week must be consumed in a public dinning facility.

All expenses incurred by this program are to be submitted to Becky at PR for reimbursement.

You are also reminded that we are guests in the city and that we are to cooperate as fully as possible within mission parameters with all state, county, and local law enforcement agencies as much or as little as such agencies desire. For more details please review policy C.S.L. 2-19-4217

Edmund Burke wrote: