Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Game Room Announcements

Post subject: Chatroom Game by Eliakon
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:18 pm

Palladin

Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
As my Phaseworld game is now over I am beginning work on my next game.

The game will be set in my personal homebrew world. The world is SDC, has magic, and a technological base approximately equal to earth circa the 1930s.

Mechanics stuff
Spoiler:
I will be using the RUE rule set as the core rules, with heavy use of the various SDC game lines rules since this is SDC. Where the rules conflict RUE will take precedence.

In general, MDC will convert to SDC on a 1:1 basis with armor ratings being calculated as needed.
Yes this does mean that MDC is not always superior to SDC. Welcome to the wonderful world of dimensional travel. You can talk to me about specifics if you have an issue.
Characters may be built with up to 5,000 XP as 'background competence' you can start with the basic gear of your class, additional material is on a case by case discussion basis.

Characters will be non-natives who are brought to the world due to a plot complication in the first adventure. Due to the needs of said plot there is a requirement for all characters, specifically all characters must be either human, ex-humans, descended from humans, human kin, ect. (basically you will need to plausibly have a human as one of your ancestors).
Since this is basically the theme the campaign is being written around I will not be waiving the rule, and exceptions will not be considered. You can find a (rather lengthy if incomplete) list of various examples of human-kin in the game folder

The Game Folder is found here
This includes my house rules, character creation rules, and world information as I make it available.

The game has openings for 6-8 players. I will be filling these on a first come first served basis.
Due to the fact that I will be limiting the game I would ask that people not sign up if they don't intend to play, or are planning to drop out.

Organizational Stuff
Spoiler:
Current slots Used/Total
7/8

Date will be Sundays.
I am aiming for a start time of 5:30 MST, with the first ~30 minutes being recap, getting in character, and answering questions. I will be starting by 6:00 and hope to run 4-5 hours.
I will take questions during the week, either in the chat, or via PM or E-Mail.

It's RIFTS Earth; the impossible happens before breakfast, twice on Tuesdays. And if it hasn't, then the GM hasn't tried hard enough and the players are lazy. :D -DhAkael

Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts, Study Hard

Last edited by eliakon on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:56 am, edited 8 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Explorer

Count me in, if you would. I can't wait to break the universe again. :angel:

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Hero

Might be able to play if your still looking for players, please let me know if I am allowed in.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 pm

D-Bee

I'd be down with it

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Explorer

PC submitted and approved: :D

Name: J.R. Smith. He is called J.R. by his friends and colleagues, well, all accept those two old senior professors who call him Junior.
OCC: BTS Arcanist/Mage.

Description: JR stands at 6’1” tall (186 cm), looks like he weighs approximately 185 lbs. (84kg) and appears to be somewhere between 24 and 27 years of age. His hair is coal black and his eyes are a shining blue in color. He works at the university and tends to dress casually for most things, choosing comfort and utility over fashion if he can. He off gives off the brand new, young professor vibe, as blue jeans and a sport coat are one of his favorite style choices, and happened to be what he was wearing when he was abducted/summoned to this strange new world. (His Aura will read as follows: Low Experience, No active magic, No psychic abilities, High PPE, Not possessed, Very Healthy and Human with a slight aberration or mutation (perhaps the source of said extreme health?).

Can't wait to see you all in the game.

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Rifts® Trivia Master

in order to make tech users a bit more useable, i have suggested we use a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio for MDC to SDC.
basically, something like a 1D6md pistol would do 2D6 or 3D6sd. a suit of 90 mdc body armor would get 180 sdc or 270 sdc. etc.

this may means some of the bigger/more durable stuff gets a lower AR to balance out, though.

Eli suggest i post the idea here to see what people think.

* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:44 pm

Knight

I am interested but I expect a lack of internet access next month.

The Clones are comming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:36 pm

D-Bee

My character submitted and approved

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Palladin

Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.
I am looking to have a first session on Sunday July 2nd
Time will be 5:30 MST
This will be a meet and greet to introduce everyone, make sure everyone is on the same page, answer any questions, and generally get things organized.
If everyone is actually both present, and has their characters finaly turned in I would like to start the first session and the arrival to Tellas...
though it is looking like that will have to wait until the 9th.

If the game does not start on the 2nd then it will start on the 9th. I will not be waiting further, as I feel that a month of lead time here, and an additional month in the chat room should be sufficient time to get all characters in.
If there are openings after game begins new players may be able to join, but there will be some conditions on new characters once the world secrets start to be revealed (since I am not going to simply let people metagame to build characters optimized for the world. Don't bother trying it will simply make me... upset, and more than likely result in me having to ramp up one of the other complications to compensate.)

It's RIFTS Earth; the impossible happens before breakfast, twice on Tuesdays. And if it hasn't, then the GM hasn't tried hard enough and the players are lazy. :D -DhAkael

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Explorer

eliakon wrote:
I am looking to have a first session on Sunday July 2nd
Time will be 5:30 MST
This will be a meet and greet to introduce everyone, make sure everyone is on the same page, answer any questions, and generally get things organized.
If everyone is actually both present, and has their characters finaly turned in I would like to start the first session and the arrival to Tellas...
though it is looking like that will have to wait until the 9th.

If the game does not start on the 2nd then it will start on the 9th. I will not be waiting further, as I feel that a month of lead time here, and an additional month in the chat room should be sufficient time to get all characters in.
If there are openings after game begins new players may be able to join, but there will be some conditions on new characters once the world secrets start to be revealed (since I am not going to simply let people metagame to build characters optimized for the world. Don't bother trying it will simply make me... upset, and more than likely result in me having to ramp up one of the other complications to compensate.)

I will definitely be there. Can't wait to blow up another world...err, I mean have fun saving the day once more.

Would be nice to see some small tags for the other PCs on this thread. *Hint Hint*

More human than human.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Palladin

Just a friendly reminder on Tellas.

The open enrollment period for the campaign ends when the second session starts on Sunday the 9th and all characters must be approved before then. While I will still approve characters for the game after this period they will be on a 'reserve status' and will not be joining the game until there is another 'enrollment period' for new players.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:33 pm

D-Bee

<.<
>.>
Sorry all, eli gave me a go ahead and you're all going to have to deal with me on Sundays! :twisted:

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:48 am

Palladin

Okay
I have to ask
Is there really any actual interest in this game or am I just wasting my time each week?
If only 2 of my 5 players are going to actually do stuff then its not worth my time.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:50 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

eliakon wrote:
Okay
I have to ask
Is there really any actual interest in this game or am I just wasting my time each week?
If only 2 of my 5 players are going to actually do stuff then its not worth my time.

I understand the feeling. My interest is continued of course, but I know where you are coming from.

Huntmaster

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Palladin

I will be allowing new players to join the game due to the loss of other players.
(this is the 'open enrollment period' I mentioned before)
There has been a bit more information learned and it can therefore be shared.

Tellas appears to be some sort of areal world. The land as such appears to be formed of 'levistone' a floating rock of some kind. Theses masses range from vast continental masses, down to islands, or small chunks...even pebbles and dust.

There are several native races including Humans, Orcs, Sleeth, and Janak (the latter two are custom races so you will not find them in books)

It appears that the group has been summoned as a spoiler in a political plot and that they all are descendants of a common ancestress which gives them hereditary rights to a title...
...a title which is now, due to circumstances, 'in play'.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:54 pm

Palladin

Due to the loss of most of my players this game will be going on hiatus.
If I can get 2-4 additional players who wish to play then I can restart it, but as it is I am left with only 2 regular players and that isn't enough to keep things going.