Phase World: Fighter Combat Skill

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grimlock
Explorer

Phase World: Fighter Combat Skill

Unread post by Grimlock »

A lot of Men-at-Arms OCCs have Robot Combat: Basic without the Piloting skill so they can have extra bonuses and attacks when acting as GUNNERS.

Does it mean that, in the Phase World setting, once needs Fighter Combat to have the same bonuses while acting as a gunner on space craft?

:G
I gave my wife 5 rules for decorating our place: No Bows, No Pink, No Flowers, No Birds, and No Unicorns.
I later found out Unicorns are Mega Damage.
Now there are 4 rules.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Phase World: Fighter Combat Skill

Unread post by The Beast »

Grimlock wrote:A lot of Men-at-Arms OCCs have Robot Combat: Basic without the Piloting skill so they can have extra bonuses and attacks when acting as GUNNERS.

Does it mean that, in the Phase World setting, once needs Fighter Combat to have the same bonuses while acting as a gunner on space craft?

They need the Weapons Systems skill for that.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Phase World: Fighter Combat Skill

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The Beast wrote:
Grimlock wrote:A lot of Men-at-Arms OCCs have Robot Combat: Basic without the Piloting skill so they can have extra bonuses and attacks when acting as GUNNERS.

They need the Weapons Systems skill for that.

This is the way I have always read the skill. If you have combat basic, or advanced, and you are crewing a spacecraft you get the additional actions.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”