Dog Stats

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Dog Stats

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Can one of you please point me in the right direction? I'm looking for stats for dogs. Plain old common dogs. Where in the books can I find those? I have a decent library of Palladium stuff, so I might be OK if I just knew where to look. I tried to search the term "dog" in the forum and no suitable matches came up. Not sure how that's possible, but I didn't create the search engine, so I just roll with it....

Thanks!
Prysus
Champion

Re: Dog Stats

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Monsters & Animals for the PF line has some basic dog stats, along with basic S.D.C. stats for a plethora of other normal animals. I don't believe they give specific Earth breeds though, more like "Hunting Dog" and stuff like that (I'm not in front of my books, so I can't provide specifics at the moment). Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. Monsters & Animals for the PF line has some basic dog stats, along with basic S.D.C. stats for a plethora of other normal animals. I don't believe they give specific Earth breeds though, more like "Hunting Dog" and stuff like that (I'm not in front of my books, so I can't provide specifics at the moment). Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Thank you, you were right! I just bought it on DrivethruRPG and what I need is on page 212.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Dead reign has stats as well, including some variants for different modern breeds. (In the hound master occ)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Where are Dog Stats, lots of places (other than Monsters and Animals):
Rifts WB2 Atlantis (maybe even BoM) has generic quick stats in the Animal Tatto section

Heroes Unlimited Main RPG (2E, along with likely AtB and TMNT) in the mutant animal section might work to "construct" a non-mutant dog (possibly)

Rifts WB20 Canada pg147 Sled Dogs (and 145-7 assortment of wolves/canines)
Rifts WB14 New West pg147-8 Whisker Coyote (identified as a dog), also have a robot dog
Rifts SB1 (and HU2E Main book) has Robot RCCs for a "dog" model (not what you are looking for, but...)

Depending on just what you are looking for some of the older Main books (Rifts Main, PF2E main) you might be able to piece together some information from a few places depending on just what you are looking for (Metamorphosis: Animal, Psychic section, and Dogboys might help give an idea on species modifiers).
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

ShadowLogan wrote:Where are Dog Stats, lots of places (other than Monsters and Animals):
Rifts WB2 Atlantis (maybe even BoM) has generic quick stats in the Animal Tatto section

Heroes Unlimited Main RPG (2E, along with likely AtB and TMNT) in the mutant animal section might work to "construct" a non-mutant dog (possibly)

Rifts WB20 Canada pg147 Sled Dogs (and 145-7 assortment of wolves/canines)
Rifts WB14 New West pg147-8 Whisker Coyote (identified as a dog), also have a robot dog
Rifts SB1 (and HU2E Main book) has Robot RCCs for a "dog" model (not what you are looking for, but...)

Depending on just what you are looking for some of the older Main books (Rifts Main, PF2E main) you might be able to piece together some information from a few places depending on just what you are looking for (Metamorphosis: Animal, Psychic section, and Dogboys might help give an idea on species modifiers).

Thanks! I was looking for stats on a standard guard-type dog/hound dog... The kind that would be a family pet.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”