RIFTS Augmented Strength Chart - Error - Bionic Limbs

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ronin1274
D-Bee

RIFTS Augmented Strength Chart - Error - Bionic Limbs

Unread post by Ronin1274 »

Has anyone else noticed that it lists "Headhunters with bionic arms and hands" in this category and the lowest PS on the chart is 24 yet the maximum PS you can get with a bionic arm/hand as a Headhunter (or partial reconstruction borg) is a PS 20 (possibly 22).

What gives? Makes no sense whatsoever!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: RIFTS Augmented Strength Chart - Error - Bionic Limbs

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Augmented PS in that unlisted range function as "normal" PS in terms of damage.

EDIT:
It's also important to remember that Bionic/Augmented Strength does not just apply to Bionics, but also Crazies/Juicers (who don't have a limit to their PS), light power armor, not to mention certain creatures (for ex, some D-Bees are classified as having Bionic/Augmented PS, even though they don't have bionic limbs: ex: Bear Men of the North (RCB1r pg75), or Dragonmen (RCB1r pg83), Vernulians (WB30pg211), Vintex (WB30pg214), Bluicies (WB30 pg36), Aviane (WB30 pg32), and this is by no means a complete list).
Last edited by ShadowLogan on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Ronin1274 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that it lists "Headhunters with bionic arms and hands" in this category and the lowest PS on the chart is 24 yet the maximum PS you can get with a bionic arm/hand as a Headhunter (or partial reconstruction borg) is a PS 20 (possibly 22).

What gives? Makes no sense whatsoever!

Yeah. The Bionic P.S. restrictions make no sense, especially with this chart, so in my games I tend to ignore them.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I just figured that the first listing is meant to read: "24 or less." Basically the same as every other damage rating. Having a damage listing for only one specific attribute amount would also be weird and out of place. That's just my opinion. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”