Ruling on one handed shooting

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dinne
Wanderer

Ruling on one handed shooting

Unread post by Dinne »

I know that gunslingers have an ability that lets them shoot rifles with one hand.

I seem to remember a ruling that over a certain strength, in robotic or supernatural, that allows characters to effectively hold rifles and large weapons in one hand (w/ no penalties). So you would have, for example, a full conversion cyborg with 4x arms and a large gun in each.

I could have swore this was a rule from the books. If someone could point me to the correct material or confirm what I seem to remember I would extremely grateful!

As always, thank you!
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Re: Ruling on one handed shooting

Unread post by filo_clarke »

The rule in in Heroes Unlimited 2nd edition, p.78
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

It's also one of the six abilities from the skill Sharpshooting, of which the Gunslinger gets all six. I use the version from Conversion Book One, Revised.
Dinne
Wanderer

Unread post by Dinne »

Well, crap... I don't have any of the Heroes Unlimited books. lol

I'm just going to assume it's a not that they can't do it w/o the skill or a description in the gun saying they can.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Heroes Unlimited allows "anyone" to do it, albeit at severe penalties. It also specifies what levels of strength (Normal, Extraordinary, Superhuman, Supernatural) and corresponding PS Scores, are required to fire Heavy Weapons one handed.

It also provided the basis for making Ricochet Shots and other Trick Shooting, without the Sharpshooting skill/special abilities.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”