Pertaining to the Lost One RCC

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Commander
Wanderer
Comment: "Life to you Stepson and Everlasting Glory" Tempus Thales, Thief's World Robert Aspirin/ Lynn Abbey.

Pertaining to the Lost One RCC

Unread post by Commander »

I had a player play a RCC besides his horrible take on it and constant bumbling ending up with him captured by the CS but this is not my real question as to how make one.

They are super rare and limited by a GM. he did not value it as it is in Rifts Mercenaries book. So is it a Mind Melter? Then our discussion shifted to Making one for Heroes. R.C.C,'s from my understanding make the lost one unique. only 90 or so are in existence.

I had him take the Dreamers powers then pick the skills out of the O.C.C. Mind Melter section. So are they just Mind Melter RCC aka Lost One? Or are the so unique that i did not get that book with them in in?

I am just getting back some of the books that were lost some years ago. Any advice would be helpful as i would like clarification and any equipment. It lists only the Dreamer and her powers so would they be equipped like those in the Rifts:Atlantis book?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Pertaining to the Lost One RCC

Unread post by Glistam »

I don't think they wrote a full-fledged R.C.C. for the race anywhere. Using the Mind Melter skills and advancement makes sense.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

While keeping the MindMelter skills and abilities since the Lost ones are prerifts i don't see the harm in giving them a Heroes unlimited skill program. Just keep it limited to nonhigh tech things.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Lost Ones appear to be a race with the powers of a Mind Melter/Mind Mage PCC. And without a RCC of it's own.

For a player character, as a GM I would have the player choose a non-magic CC Skills Set.

Aside: when picking out a generic CC skill set I use the 'skill set' from "The Psychic' in the NS/NB mainbook. It flexible enough to cover a char's "Day Job" skills.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

For HU, I would use the standard education for a master/natural psychic from the HU book. For Rifts just use the mind melters skills.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I took it as a race that HAD to take the Mind Melter OCC.

Sort of like how the Mind Bleeder race had to take the Mind Bleeder occupation.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

there are guides to making one in the "Dreamer" NPC entry, but they are incomplete. while they are labelled as an optional PC class, i would argue that as presented they would be NPC only.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Why's that? Not knowing the XP table to use for their natural abilities? Just switch to an OCC
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Commander wrote:They are super rare and limited by a GM. he did not value it as it is in Rifts Mercenaries book. So is it a Mind Melter? Then our discussion shifted to Making one for Heroes. R.C.C,'s from my understanding make the lost one unique. only 90 or so are in existence.

I had him take the Dreamers powers then pick the skills out of the O.C.C. Mind Melter section. So are they just Mind Melter RCC aka Lost One? Or are the so unique that i did not get that book with them in in?

I am just getting back some of the books that were lost some years ago. Any advice would be helpful as i would like clarification and any equipment. It lists only the Dreamer and her powers so would they be equipped like those in the Rifts:Atlantis book?

From an XP table perspective their RCC uses the Mind Melter OCC XP table. Being a Psychic at Master level also would point to them being a Mind Melter class for skills, powers (which is what they are stated to be equivalent to). There are only a few things actually missing for character creation for Rifts (base PPE, height/weight range, life span) which has little impact.

For HU I would treat them as an Alien Category. Steps 1-3 can be skipped as Mercs covers it (though you could attempt to use the rolls to work out Step3 and Step2), Step 4 = Psionics power category (Master/Natural based upon the level of the Dreamer), Step5+ do as normal for HU. You'll have to look at Palladium's conversion rules for MDC to SDC/HP. This assumes that you treat the Lost Ones example as applying to the entire race and there aren't variations in Psionic level or other Step4 categories for the race.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”