Transferred Intel. into F&B body…..

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Transferred Intel. into F&B body…..

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Transferred Intel. into F&B body…
If a person's mind was 'kidnapped' and put into a new F&B body how would you go about building the new body?
Like if an Power/Deity reached into a different dimension and could just pull the person's mind out of their body and put it in an empty body. And that new body was based on that person's MMORPG character. How would you go about "constructing" that new body?

The eugenics tables in PU2, the race building tables in AUr to PW, the monster building tables in PF:LotD 1 & Thunderhead Gal.? Or take a known race and modify it with the AU:GG genetic modifications text?

The basic concept is that the char would have the power/abilities of their character in the new body.

Another question is how would you handle the old body skills and the new body's skills.?
Which of the old body's skills would be kept, and which ones would be overwritten by the new body's skills?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Transferred Intel. into F&B body…..

Unread post by Glistam »

If you're starting a campaign with this conceit, then just make the characters normally but mix the skills with this idea in mind.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

If its a new character for a new game?
Just make a character using the chosen creation method and say "it is this way"

If it is an established character, the closest I can find is the Primal Deific power that turns people into lesser demons.
Judging by that when zapped by Plot level contrivance you get the DC, physical stats, and Natural abilities of your new body, but keep your own skills, old natural abilities, and mental stats. Inherent skills such as flying skill, would be a GM call, but seem to generally be listed as a Natural Ability so would be added.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

You're turning your players' characters into finance & business? :?

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Yeah, is that reference to something in the robotics section in HU?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Transferred Intelligence is a type of 'robot' core. Where, fore "some reason" a person's self has been put into the brain of a robot.

F&B=Flesh and Blood
Was referencing the Log Horizon (anime) situation.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Transferred Intelligence is a type of 'robot' core. Where, fore "some reason" a person's self has been put into the brain of a robot.

F&B=Flesh and Blood
Was referencing the Log Horizon (anime) situation.

with log horizon there are 2 different transfers technically

the first was when the "event" occurred and the people woke up in the game. Technically you could say they are sort of avatars, of themselves and kind of like the robot transferred intelligence.

so with that in mind there are a couple ways I could see doing it depending on how "munchy" you want to be.

the less munchy way would be to essentially determine what skills the characters mind would have such as: language skills, math skills, specific knowledge skills etc.
then decide what skills would be "mental skills" and what would be "physical skills"

so I am going to pretend I am creating me.
I am an American and have (most likely)
language English, writing English
math basic, math advanced (took up to calculus in highschool) but my math advanced skill has atrophied, due to lack of use, so it would be at a low percentile
automobile mechanics (I can repair and service my own cars)
basic mechanics
basic electronics
cooking
computer operation
computer repair
wp club I am an American we mostly all play baseball at some point)
wp auto pistol * special I have a partial wp at best allowing me to use (not well) and reload and I can likely take apart and reassemble the gun.

I might have a few other skills but its a start.

now create the new body based on chosen guidelines lets say a female dogboy.
pick or roll breed, roll or set the stats based on criteria ...

then determine what skills would be coming with the new body, and what if any skills transfer from the previous "incarnation" IE come across with the mind.

I would say that most of the physical and skills that rely on physical aspects of the body would transfer poorly if at all.

for example language English would come across just fine, but I might have some of the Chewbacca issue IE I can understand English just fine, (or at least as well as I can now) but I might have issues speaking, due to the different mouth and vocal characteristics of the "new body"

math and repair /operation skills would IMO be mostly knowledge skills, but I "might" have some issues with things like the computer repair skills, if the bodies hands are not "dexterous enough" to do things like pick up the small screws used in modern computers, let alone the flipping TINY screws used in something like a cell phone.

I would tend to also consider some skills especially the physical skills to be tied to the body for instance I walk half marathons, and used to wrestle in high school neither of which would help my "dog boy" body at all until or unless I used them enough to get the body used to them. (unless it already has them) for instance how "old" is my dogboy body? am I a just born pup? or a dogboy effectively going through and or having completed training?

those are the kinds of decisions I would say you need to think about before implementing the game.

in the log horizon example they "woke up" in the bodies of their game avatars (characters) with all the skills and abilities that the characters had (in game) they just had to figure out how to "interface" with and use those skills, but most of their "mental" skills translated over, including skills and memories that the "character" would not have.

as far as the second kind of transfers when the "adventurers" died and were not rezzed / could not rez at their body, they reincarnated at the shrine with a "copy" of their body that was essentially identical (minus rez penalties such as xp loss) that they were when they died.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i don't see why not, though you'd want to be sure to limit the choice of bodies so players can't go munchkin.

this would actually be a reasonable way to implement something akin to BSG's cylon resurrection technology, or Eclipse Phase's jacking. or even Paranoia's "6 pack" clone system. have a set of cloned bodies (with just physical stats defined) and when you transfer the char retains their mental stats, skills, and the like.

though with such set ups as a GM you'd want to ensure there are hard limits on how often and how many times you can be transferred, so that "kill yourself and respawn" is not a viable tactic.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”