What are ways to make magic items indestructible?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

What are ways to make magic items indestructible?

Unread post by Axelmania »

Some gear is super-useful and valuable but extremely vulnerable and a major vulnerability in high-power campaigns. For example the Eagle Claw Talisman in page 186 of Rifts World Book 20 Canada.

If someone, say a god like Apollo, with inter-dimensional connections and probably millions/billions worth of wealth wanted to protect an item like this, are there ways to make it indestructible?

I figure a lot of gods might wear stuff like Naruni Force Fields so as to protect their clothing from damage, and any trinkets they might be fond of, and any destructible-yet-useful items such as this one. Spells like Energy Field would also be useful. A talisman like this might also be small enough to wear underneath body armor or Armor of Ithan I guess, though some larger stuff might not be. All these have limited damage capacity though, I'm wondering about more secure means of protecting them.

I wonder if maybe you could enchant an item with 'impervious to energy' to protect against some of it... "other" doesn't necessarily mean "another living being" right?

Could you make something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_fortune_teller out of indestructible parchment and enclose a talisman in the folds to protect it somewhat?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: What are ways to make magic items indestructible?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

An Alchemist in the PF2 main book can enchant weapons and armor with a verity of magic effects. One of the enchantments is to make a weapon indestructible.

However, thinking about things like a GM, the more useful an item is, the less likely I would allow it to be indestructible.
---------
While you could make a envelop out of silver runed parchment, that parchment would not protect the item from being smashed or from being cooked.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”