Rifter 77

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Rifter 77

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Should be arriving soon enough, might as well start up a thread for feedback/comments

As the artist on the Nowhere/Blue Future article, allow me to point out I was disappointed to find out that "Acari" is a subgroup of mites/ticks, and not of scorpions. Thought we were in for a direct Hank Scorpio reference.
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
rottencrab
D-Bee

Re: Rifter 77

Unread post by rottencrab »

Well, I mean Scorpiones or Chelicerata would have been a little on the nose, and don't roll off the tongue as easily, but yes that's exactly the reference. Love the piece on your deviantart and can't wait to see what you come up with for the next article I have cooking!
Rifter 64 - Rifts: A Cold Night, Dead Past
Rifter 66 - Rifts: Skipping Stones
Rifter 71/72 - Rifts: Semjaw, Canada
Rifts Chaos Earth: Resurrection - Editor

--
Twitter: @brettcaron
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rottencrab

"Why would you walk the road to self-destruction when the subway gets you there in half the time?"
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Rifter 77

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

rottencrab wrote:Well, I mean Scorpiones or Chelicerata would have been a little on the nose, and don't roll off the tongue as easily, but yes that's exactly the reference. Love the piece on your deviantart and can't wait to see what you come up with for the next article I have cooking!

HA! I was totally thinking of that the entire time, too! [Song in head intensifies]

Yeah, I loved the realization that the cities all tied together. It's almost an entire books' worth of locations, characters & plot. (Especially with the Valentine short story that I also did an illustration for.)
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”