The Rifter#10: The Weapon Mage OCC

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kamina
D-Bee

The Rifter#10: The Weapon Mage OCC

Unread post by Kamina »

Hey All,

I have a quick question regarding the Weapon Mage O.C.C.; in the equipment section it states that they can start with a magical weapon. For stats you can use the magical weapons (enchanted weapons) found in Heroes Unlimited. My question is which abilities do they gain from the weapon? I am assuming all of the base bonuses then they can select 1-5 powers from the Powers Held by Weapons of Order section. I was curious how others would tackle this conundrum.

Cheers
K
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Re: The Rifter#10: The Weapon Mage OCC

Unread post by mercedogre »

I say yes, choose a predetermined number of powers/abilities from those available or roll 1D4+1
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Kamina wrote:Hey All,

I have a quick question regarding the Weapon Mage O.C.C.; in the equipment section it states that they can start with a magical weapon. For stats you can use the magical weapons (enchanted weapons) found in Heroes Unlimited. My question is which abilities do they gain from the weapon? I am assuming all of the base bonuses then they can select 1-5 powers from the Powers Held by Weapons of Order section. I was curious how others would tackle this conundrum.

Cheers
K

Since the class doesn't actually have an alignment restriction, and the object (it doesn't have to be a weapon) is forged by the character's master for them, I'd say that the sky is the limit. It gets the full complement of abilities and powers as described in Heroes Unlimited and can be either chaos or order based, if the player chooses to take a weapon.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

Thanks for weighing in on the subject Bill & mercedogre! It's much appreciated. I am glad that we are on the same page as my original choice was going to be pretty much what you both mentioned. Although I will have the player roll 1d4+1 to see how many "additional" powers it gets.

Cheers
K

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”