The Rifter #68 ....

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kamina
D-Bee

The Rifter #68 ....

Unread post by Kamina »

Hey All,

Just wondering if anybody actually has this. Been trying to get a hold of it for a couple of months now with no luck. In an attempt at saving my sanity could some folks be kind enough to post a review and offer up some insights/information contained within. I want to ensure that it's worth buying before I continue my quest at finding this rather evasive book.

Cheers
Kamina
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: The Rifter #68 ....

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

You can buy it directly from Palladium Books.

The Rifter #68

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

Shawn Merrow wrote:You can buy it directly from Palladium Books.

The Rifter #68

I live in Canada which basically doubles the cost of the book due to shipping. This is the reason why I have been scouring my local shops for the book. I am hoping for some review or other pertinent information of the issue in question. If it turns out to be a "dud" I won't bother trying to obtain it.

Cheers
K
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Kamina wrote:

The Rifter #68

I live in Canada which basically doubles the cost of the book due to shipping. This is the reason why I have been scouring my local shops for the book. I am hoping for some review or other pertinent information of the issue in question. If it turns out to be a "dud" I won't bother trying to obtain it.

Cheers
K

I am going by memory here but based on what the website says is included, I don't have any real memories regarding the Heroes Unlimited, Rifts, and Dead Reign content in that book. I don't recall hating it, but I don't recall loving it either. If I read it I probably felt "meh" about it, but I might have also skipped looking at it too for any number of reasons I can't recall right now. I can't really recommend or discourage purchase of the issue due to any of these articles.

However, the Beyond the Supernatural adventure was an absolute gem! I loved it and would recommend the purchase of the book solely for this adventure. It has Beyond the Supernatural 2nd Edition characters facing off against Dead Reign zombies and the adventure was (in my opinion) well laid out/organized and well thought-out. It could even be adapted for Nightbane or Heroes Unlimited as well with just a little effort.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

Thanks Glistam! Out of curiousity ... do you recall the Hellion Slayer O.C.C. or the other Atlantean based classes?

Cheers
K
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Kamina wrote:

The Rifter #68

Cheers
K

Here is an online store in Canada that has it in stock, should be cheaper on the S&H.

Rifter #68

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

Many thanks for all the help! As luck would have it my local gaming store ordered all of the ones that I want. Should be arriving any day now.:)

Cheers
K

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”