Rifter 71 & 72 Review & Comments

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rifter 71 & 72 Review & Comments

Unread post by Fell »

Greetings all :)

Now that the Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue is at the printers and will be coming out later in the month I am making this Topic: "Rifter 71 & 72 Review & Comments".

I personally am very interested in reading the Rifts® Semjac, Canada, by Brett Caron. Course my favorite game is Rifts (and Chaos Earth). The whole issue looks interesting, I look forward to reading everyone's articles....and yes I do hope you will read (and enjoy) my story: Reaper Cell. I wrote the story after reading the Preview Book of the Disavowed. As an aside, I started practicing with DAZ 3D and rendered one of the main characters (Ronan Saint Cross). Here is my effort of "drawing" him: http://dan-frederick.deviantart.com/art ... -536742458

An even better graphic to look at is on MADMANMIKE's deviant art page: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Soto-at-dawn-577215303 I asked him to do one of another main character named: Indra Soto (CS Ranger). The character Soto is one I am continuing stories with, in the hopes those stories will see print.

Anyway, once you get your copy of the Rifter please let us all know what you think.

Store link: https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... Issue.html
Dan Frederick
rottencrab
D-Bee

Re: Rifter 71 & 72 Review & Comments

Unread post by rottencrab »

Thanks! Looking forward to you all reading Semjaw as well, I had a lot of fun playtesting the environment for Rifts quests (including one in particular that will hopefully make it into a future Rifter!) so I'm interested to know what you think of it. Can't wait to check out your story as well.

Brett
Rifter 64 - Rifts: A Cold Night, Dead Past
Rifter 66 - Rifts: Skipping Stones
Rifter 71/72 - Rifts: Semjaw, Canada
Rifts Chaos Earth: Resurrection - Editor

--
Twitter: @brettcaron
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rottencrab

"Why would you walk the road to self-destruction when the subway gets you there in half the time?"
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Brett,

As it happens you picked Canada to write about. I love playing and writing in that area. And as it happens a lot of my story takes place in Canada. :)

I have my fingers crossed my copy shows up today or tommarow. Paid for priority mail lol.
Dan Frederick
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Fell wrote:Brett,
I have my fingers crossed my copy shows up today or tomorrow. Paid for priority mail lol.

You know if youre in it they send u a couple of free copies right?

Ps I read ur article if u read mine, hehe.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Fell wrote:Brett,
I have my fingers crossed my copy shows up today or tomorrow. Paid for priority mail lol.

You know if youre in it they send u a couple of free copies right?

Ps I read ur article if u read mine, hehe.

I know :)

Last time it took nearly a month to get those free copies. Not complaining, but I waited what felt like an eternity after it was published to finally see a copy. I did finally get them though :)

This time I wanted a copy fast.

Ha. As a side note, I never was "paid" any $ (ten dollars a page I think it said) for the article but heck it was my first time being published and I was just thrilled to be published so I never brought it up.

I'll definitely read all the articles, so once I do I'll let you know what I thought :)

Have a good day.
Dan Frederick
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Fell wrote:Ha. As a side note, I never was "paid" any $ (ten dollars a page I think it said) for the article but heck it was my first time being published and I was just thrilled to be published so I never brought it up.

Call them and let them know about it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Fell wrote:Ha. As a side note, I never was "paid" any $ (ten dollars a page I think it said) for the article but heck it was my first time being published and I was just thrilled to be published so I never brought it up.

Especially if you signed the contract that should have been sent to you.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Reagren Wright wrote:
Shawn Merrow wrote:

Especially if you signed the contract that should have been sent to you.

I signed it. I'll give them a call after the holiday. Like I say, was just happy to be published in the Rifter 69.

I GOT IT. Rifter 71-72 arrived today! I glanced at my story, and read the Semjaw article. I will read the rest today. I'll be taking my characters/players through Semjaw at some point, nice to see new places. Look forward to reading the rest.

Happy Holidays to you all.
Dan Frederick
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

It seems like I get tapped to draw a lot of "Brett Towns".
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”