chernobyl

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

chernobyl

Unread post by Tags »

I'm a bit surprised that Warlords of Russia never mentions anything about Chernobyl or Pripyat, being a major event in world history I would think it would be an interesting subject. So many possibilities, obviously it would be considered a dead zone due to the radiation but the possibilities... Got a few crazy ideas I want to try out so I guess we'll see where it goes.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: chernobyl

Unread post by say652 »

Lots of things are resistant our immune to radiation.
Be a great concept if something claimed the waste lands, and built an empire to keep it.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Unread post by Tags »

Have some ideas in mind, got some stuff going... but my mind is going 20 directions at once it seems.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

This was probably left out for the same reason that all the nuclear bomb craters and toxic waste dumps were left out.....
Its not really that significant in the long run, and to be honest with a century or so of Golden Age tech was likely cleaned up long before the Rifts even occurred.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

It's been mentioned in the Sovietski manuscript.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”