Who wants New SuperPowers for H.U in Rifter?

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Yes:
90%
No:
10%

Total votes: 20

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Hey Who wants New SuperPowers for H.U in Rifter?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Who wants New SuperPowers for H.U in Rifter?

Unread post by Glistam »

I wouldn't mind new super powers in the Rifter. I'd especially appreciate any new powers that came with M.D.C. conversions for Rifts as well.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Yup. Rifts earth is just one big brawl. Too much fun to be had.
knightgoblin
Wanderer

Unread post by knightgoblin »

I would love to see more powers :!: I also wouldn't mind seeing more on the Mega Hero, in particularly powers on increasing Psionic's lifting ability or even magnetism for that matter. It's seems like the powers (for Mega Heroes or even non Mega Heroes) are too focused on characters that punch and lift with their physical body rather than blast and lift through alternative methods.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

True. Supernatural Strength is one of the deadliest powers in H.U. but like everything in rifts has it.
Niji

Unread post by Niji »

I would love to see a "How to create balanced Major/Minor Powers" in the rifter for players to modify existing or create new flavorfal abilities (something like guidelines for damage ranges, or debuffing effects and how "strong or weak they are"). Back when I GM i'd have to scrutinize any kind of custom ability or just let the power level of the game be in that cosmic tier (which makes more standard abilities seem weak or have to be buffed to compensate), some basic guidelines for creating new material from scratch would be nice (in a non-house rules scenario). i've drifted heavily from powergamer type games with spectacular showy grand battles to character driven thematic stuff so keeping it tame or "minor hero" level is more interesting (especially after reading Wild Cards and that great take on flawed/Single power super powers with soooo much flavor). Super Powers aimed at flavorful character development or "flawed powers" would be great to see in the alternative (something more than just backfire/fails to work on occassion, something like when healing someone else you have a chance to disfigure them on failed skill check or such). Definitely would like to see that grittier 80s/90s options or the current gen of heavily flawed character development(overcoming or compensating/living with the risk from flaws and accepting oneself) with tons of room for growth.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Need more minor powers.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”