Attention Rifter Submitters: Give me your name!

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Attention Rifter Submitters: Give me your name!

Unread post by Wayne Smith »

Today I received a signed Unsolicited Manuscript Agreement form in the mail. It was all by itself in the envelope, and the return address on the envelope was a P.O. box for a business.

As I can't read the signature (not even close; I think it starts with a "C"), I have no idea who sent it.

Please don't do this.

Whenever you send a submission or UMA form, please include your full name and address, plus phone number and email address would be ideal. If I can't contact you, I can't use your submission, and we both lose.

Thanks.
Wayne
Palladium
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Re: Attention Rifter Submitters: Give me your name!

Unread post by Lord Z »

It wasn't me. I distinctly remember including my contact info. Can you throw us the name of the article, Wayne?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Unread post by Wayne Smith »

Lord Z wrote:It wasn't me. I distinctly remember including my contact info. Can you throw us the name of the article, Wayne?

Actually, I can't, because it didn't include an article. It was just the UMA form. Presumably the submission was sent via email.

I have, in the past, received articles that didn't have names associated with them, but thankfully it's uncommon. More common is when I have a name but don't have other contact info.

(Also thankfully, I received a submission by email a couple of days ago which mentions sending the UMA form, and the name fits, so this case will likely be figured out.)

Edit: It was figured out.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Yes, names are very important!

I sent a cover letter with my UNSOLICITED AGREEMENT and then e-mailed you the article on time travel last week. If you need me to mail you the submission them let me know.
Thanks,
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Wasn't me. I sent my submition in years ago. With UMA(s), hardcopy, & cd copy.
The sad thing is that My harddrive died afterwards and I had not back up yet.
*tags Wayne's PMs*
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”