List of All Wizard/Invocations Spells

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

yeah .. it is good .. now just need to see if i have any of them missing from my mini list at home .. peace dude .. and hope that didn't cause you finger cramps
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: All I need is a warm bed, a kind word, and unlimited power.

Unread post by BillionSix »

Hmm. I'd like to see them listed by level. :P :D

Brian
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

BillionSix wrote:Hmm. I'd like to see them listed by level. :P :D

Brian

Then get cracking, lazy-bones!
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler

MrNexx wrote:Then get cracking, lazy-bones!

But... but I want everything handed to me!

On a silver platter!

Brian
BillionSix
Dungeon Crawler

To give a more serious reply, I don't have all those books. :)

Brian
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

BillionSix wrote:

On a silver platter!

Can I have everything handed to me on a palladium platter?
Last edited by RainOfSteel on Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

X.X. Wilson wrote:wonder if they will release a new book of magic that will include all of these plus any more that arent on this list :-D

At this stage we now need a Book of Spells and a Book of Magic (cover all but spells).

It just won't all fit together anymore.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Crazy Lou
Hero

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

RainOfSteel wrote:
BillionSix wrote:

On a silver platter!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta love that!
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
CushionRide
D-Bee

Unread post by CushionRide »

BillionSix wrote:Hmm. I'd like to see them listed by level. :P :D

Brian

list them by level and casting cost please lol

wait i dont see descriptions on what the spells do lol just kidding

{"DROP YOUR WEAPONS OR WE KILL YOUR COMMANDER!", i raised my rocket launcher and fired a volley of 4 missiles at them. well actualy i targeted the LT......} at this point the GM looks at me "are you serious", "yes, im shooting the LT. the best way to solve a hostage situation is to eliminate the hostage"

Diabolic RULES!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: List of All Wizard/Invocations Spells

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Hopefully this will be updated when the new book comes out in a couple weeks. I am sure there have been ones that appeared in the Rifter which should be put in here as well.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I like to see a list of Wards?

Will ther be a MoM with all New Wards?
Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

As GM I went through and made a list of spells that do not get a saving throw. Is it wrong to giggle every time I think of the players encounter with a group of fairies? :twisted:
"Where ever you go, there you are"-Buckaroo Banzai

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu
Crazy Lou
Hero

Robroy wrote:As GM I went through and made a list of spells that do not get a saving throw. Is it wrong to giggle every time I think of the players encounter with a group of fairies? :twisted:

Fairy magic has a 14 save throw?

But man, fairies are hilarious. Some of the longest prolonged periods of laughter I've ever heard were the results of random fairy encounters. :lol:
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

Crazy Lou wrote:
Robroy wrote:As GM I went through and made a list of spells that do not get a saving throw. Is it wrong to giggle every time I think of the players encounter with a group of fairies? :twisted:

Fairy magic has a 14 save throw?

But man, fairies are hilarious. Some of the longest prolonged periods of laughter I've ever heard were the results of random fairy encounters. :lol:

I take that as spell strength. If they have a spell that does not get a save, then don’t give them a save. Most of the no save spells are pretty harmless anyway. At least by themselves. :D

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu
Crazy Lou
Hero

Oh, I didn't remember that they had a bunch of spells that specified no save. I only ever looked at those once or twice, and that was a year or two ago.

Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

I am referring to the spells themselves. If the spell doesn’t get a saving through, why would it get one just because a fairy cast it?

Crazy Lou
Hero

No, I'm not saying that at all. You said you grin evilly when fairies get involved (or some such). I remembered that fairies had a spell strength of 14, and was confused b/c I thought you meant that you thought all fairy magic had no save throw (I misunderstood you). You pointed out that some of their spells listed aren't given a saving throw. I took your word for it, since I didn't remember one way or the other.

HOWEVER: I just looked through the fairy magic in RCB1 (since I didn't know where else to look besides WB3, and they're not actually in there it seems), and the only spells they're given that don't get a save throw are things that don't have targets (and therefore couldn't have a save throw). Their magic is still plenty abuse-able, but nothing quite as dastardly as I was thinking you meant. I mean, being able to wind rush ever 5 seconds, FOREVER is still crazy.

What spells were you thinking about when you mentioned the fairies in conjunction with spells w/ no saving throw?

Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

Ok. You made me look up stuff just to be sure I was thinking what I was thinking of. Your right, most the fairy magic targets the world around them, they are tied to the elements. So think of the arrogant character that is constantly stumbling around because of animate plants. Or the look on the players faces when they realizes there is a little (60 ft) rain cloud hanging over their heads. If someone should fall in the mud, wind rush to cover then in leaves.

Crazy Lou
Hero

Yeah, like I said there's tons of room for abuse of infinite casting potential, even with the few target-less spells they have.

Some of the spells though it hardly even seems worth counting as "spells." They function and are intended for regular, constant use, more like natural abilities/powers. Especially stuff like the spriggan's spells.

kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

I made a spreadsheet of all the spells, with PPE cost and level, so you can sort them how you want. I don't see a way to post it here though, as I cannot attach a file to a reply message. I have put it in the public folder of my skydrive however. It can be found here.
Crazy Lou
Hero

sweet thanks! I nabbed your atlas and middle east too. I never turn down material like that -- it's always great for ideas.

kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

Glad to help. Although I can't take credit for the atlas or middle east, as those were created by others. I forget where I got them from.
Crazy Lou
Hero

oops, turns out I already had that particular map. It's certainly a good one though.

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Robroy wrote:Ok. You made me look up stuff just to be sure I was thinking what I was thinking of. Your right, most the fairy magic targets the world around them, they are tied to the elements. So think of the arrogant character that is constantly stumbling around because of animate plants. Or the look on the players faces when they realizes there is a little (60 ft) rain cloud hanging over their heads. If someone should fall in the mud, wind rush to cover then in leaves.

I want the Rain Cloud cast on me while in Mexico please. :mrgreen:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

kmspade wrote:I made a spreadsheet of all the spells, with PPE cost and level, so you can sort them how you want. I don't see a way to post it here though, as I cannot attach a file to a reply message. I have put it in the public folder of my skydrive however. It can be found here.

Oops! This page appears broken. HTTP 404 - File not found
Crazy Lou
Hero

you could upload it to google docs and post a link

kmspade
Explorer

Unread post by kmspade »

The Beast wrote:
kmspade wrote:I made a spreadsheet of all the spells, with PPE cost and level, so you can sort them how you want. I don't see a way to post it here though, as I cannot attach a file to a reply message. I have put it in the public folder of my skydrive however. It can be found here.

Sorry about that! I reorganized my skydrive and it broke the link. This one is working. http://cid-18ab40b04f3041e4.office.live ... spx/Public

Also added a MS Acess database file of spells, so you can bring up the category you want, and added a book of magic page # index. Enjoy!
The Beast

spook101 wrote:...dang...
y ' know, in conversion book one some of the races, in particular the Goblin, mention a spell titled 'Mend Wood', but i have thus far been unable to find it in any of the books, and your list also does not include it...

not that it is too big of a deal, i could just GM one into existence but still the lack of this spell somehow manages to bother me...

could anyone point out what book/page that spell is in...

That sounds like it's for the PFRPG line, but I'm not sure if it's from there or one of the Rifters.

EDIT: But now that I think about it, you said it's in the CB1, which means it's not in a Rifter.
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

wow . . really need to look at this in the AM when i'm more awake. the things to ponder . . and here i was gonna do things by 'level' not name.
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
The Beast

kmspade wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Sorry about that! I reorganized my skydrive and it broke the link. This one is working. http://cid-18ab40b04f3041e4.office.live ... spx/Public

Also added a MS Acess database file of spells, so you can bring up the category you want, and added a book of magic page # index. Enjoy!

Oh hey, you're the one I got that from...

I went through that, cleaned it up a bit, and added in a good portion of the spells you left out (or didn't have when you made the list). I still have to do the stuff from Mystic China, Rifter 38, and Transdimensional TMNT before I'm completely finished, but that's a really handy list to have nonetheless. I'm debating if I should add in the diabolism, tattoo magic, and circle magic though. I probably will once I find the time
arouetta
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by arouetta »

spook101 wrote:...dang...
y ' know, in conversion book one some of the races, in particular the Goblin, mention a spell titled 'Mend Wood', but i have thus far been unable to find it in any of the books, and your list also does not include it...

not that it is too big of a deal, i could just GM one into existence but still the lack of this spell somehow manages to bother me...

could anyone point out what book/page that spell is in...

I haven't been able to find it (though I don't own all the books by any means), but I did find two similar spells that could be easily altered, earth warlock spells Mend Stone and Mend Metal. Hope that gives you a starting point.
The Beast

Mysteries of Magic 1, page 84.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The spells in the PF:LoB: from the 'Book of Bygone Spirits' should not be listed here, they are Necromancy spells, not common magic spells.
--------------
There are spells taged as "LoB: MB: CfEE: Library of Bletherad: Mystic Bulwarks: Converted From Earth Elementalism" and "LoB: MB: CfFE: Library of Bletherad: Mystic Bulwarks: Converted From Fire Elementalism", which are not detailed in the LoB book, (they only have a flavor text mentioning) so should not be listed as detailed in the LoB book. If anything they should be listed along with the Elemental Magic where they are Detailed in.
---------------
He left out the Official spell conversions from PF1 to PF2 in Rifter 25.
~Str. of Utgard Loki/Might of Palladium, Paralysis Bolt, Reduce Object, Spirit of the Wolf, Commune with the Dead, Sphere of Invisibility (Side note: in HU2 the SoI was changed to Sphere of Concealment, which is also missing from the list), Diminish Others, Expel Demons or Deevils, Turn Objects Invisible, Death, T-Port Self, Geas, Doppelganger,
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The spells in the PF:LoB: from the 'Book of Bygone Spirits' should not be listed here, they are Necromancy spells, not common magic spells.

sort of, they are offered for necromancers...and witches...and well....like the Bulwarks spells and the Shadow spells are just...Presented as 'here is a spell' we don't know WHAT they are, since they don't make an actual statement on this.
--------------
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There are spells taged as "LoB: MB: CfEE: Library of Bletherad: Mystic Bulwarks: Converted From Earth Elementalism" and "LoB: MB: CfFE: Library of Bletherad: Mystic Bulwarks: Converted From Fire Elementalism", which are not detailed in the LoB book, (they only have a flavor text mentioning) so should not be listed as detailed in the LoB book. If anything they should be listed along with the Elemental Magic where they are Detailed in.

why not make a note that some of the Elemental Spells have been converted....it helps to know what has actually been canonically converted and what still is in the realm of unofficial.
---------------
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re:

Unread post by Thinyser »

RainOfSteel wrote:
BillionSix wrote:

On a silver platter!

+1 for lolz :lol:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

J.L. Duncan wrote:I was thinking of making a list with book/page number. . .

It won't be ready for a long time, plus i don't have the fixed editions though-(most are first publications)

Any Volunteers? Nice List BTW OP

:?

Sure, I happened to have this available....if anyone finds anything I missed adding, send me a PM.
My Rifter lists are still in the process of being put up
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
The Beast

It won't be ready for a long time, plus i don't have the fixed editions though-(most are first publications)

The Beast wrote:
kmspade wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Oh hey, you're the one I got that from...

I went through that, cleaned it up a bit, and added in a good portion of the spells you left out (or didn't have when you made the list). I still have to do the stuff from Mystic China, Rifter 38, and Transdimensional TMNT before I'm completely finished, but that's a really handy list to have nonetheless. I'm debating if I should add in the diabolism, tattoo magic, and circle magic though. I probably will once I find the time

Anyone who has MS Excel can PM me their email address I can send a copy to you.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

eliakon wrote:

Sure, I happened to have this available....if anyone finds anything I missed adding, send me a PM.
My Rifter lists are still in the process of being put up
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Thanks for sharing! That's some good work!
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Last post I see is from 2014. Is there an updated version of this list that includes more recently published books and rifters?

GM is allowing me to create a magic using character that has access to "any non specialized invocation". I'm pretty sure that there are some pretty nifty spells outside of the HU2 main book.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I have posted a list of what magic spells and stuff that is in the rifters in this forum.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=131372

Which does remind me that I need to up-date it a bit.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Beast

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Last post I see is from 2014. Is there an updated version of this list that includes more recently published books and rifters?

GM is allowing me to create a magic using character that has access to "any non specialized invocation". I'm pretty sure that there are some pretty nifty spells outside of the HU2 main book.

I have a spreadsheet that covers up to MiF in the Rifts line, MoM1 in the PFRPG line, and Rifter 70. What it doesn't do is cover the non-Rifts invocations that appear in each of the settings (ie: Fireball). I was trying to avoid repeating the same spells at the time. However, I'm actually about to start knocking that today.

I will not be adding spells from books that were published after MiF was released though. I stopped buying the books in that following January so if you're looking for something from after that month you'll have to either do it yourself of find someone else who has done it.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Hello.
Has anyone completed or updated their spreadsheets? If so is anyone willing to post some results?
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”