Spells that grant a mage more P.P.E?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Spells that grant a mage more P.P.E?

Unread post by thorr-kan »

P.P.E. is a mage's life blood. It makes sense there would be spells that give a mage more. Has anyone indexed them?

(Note: not looking for spells that create items that store P.P.E.)

I've got:
Convert Chi to P.P.E., Chi Magic, 1st level, Mystic China, p72
Life Source, Invocations, 3rd level, Rifts Book of Magic, p97
Draw Upon the Mirrorwall, Mirror Magic, 5th Level, Through the Glass Darkly, p71
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Re: Spells that grant a mage more P.P.E?

Unread post by filo_clarke »

There are Warlock spells that summon elemental fragments. As I recall, these fragments possessed far more PPE than the summoning spell originally cost, so drawing up to half of their PPE and then dispelling them, and then re-casting the spell was a way to generate PPE in a hurry.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Summoners could ply that kind of trick too. It only costs 5 PPE to use circles after they've initially powered them, and you could send a creature back once you've beaten it in battle of wills and compelled it to give you all its PPE.

Shifters not so much, they paid much more PPE to get creatures, every single time, if I recall. About their only downside since they now have the ability to control MORE beings than summoners.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

thorr-kan wrote:P.P.E. is a mage's life blood. It makes sense there would be spells that give a mage more. Has anyone indexed them?

(Note: not looking for spells that create items that store P.P.E.)

I've got:
Convert Chi to P.P.E., Chi Magic, 1st level, Mystic China, p72
Life Source, Invocations, 3rd level, Rifts Book of Magic, p97
Draw Upon the Mirrorwall, Mirror Magic, 5th Level, Through the Glass Darkly, p71

Heart of Darkness, page 190 in DB 12. Added benefit that it also adds a few spells and both the spells and PPE increase are permanent.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”