Soul Swap Spell/Ritual - Is there such magic?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Soul Swap Spell/Ritual - Is there such magic?

Unread post by ZeroArmour »

Hi! I've been grinding through the various books looking for Soul Swapping magic. Basically, anything that would let a character steal another's body. Does anyone know if there's anything like that already?

Story Idea: There's this amulet with the magic built in, anyone who knows the activation invocation & has enough P.P.E. can trade bodies with another person in contact with the amulet. Imagine trying to track down someone who can literally steal someone's body!?

Let me know if you've seen a spell like that.
Thanks.
"That's the second biggest dragon I've ever seen"
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Soul Swap Spell/Ritual - Is there such magic?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

What you are basically looking for though is something to do mental possession. I don't recall any spells that do that, but there is a psychic power and a super power (both high level powers) that do the same thing, and Super Powers can be found in magic items (which is where you looking to use it). If you don't have Heroes Unlimited for the Super Power, that leaves only psychics or Bio-Wizardry Devices (if you have Rifts Atlantis, but you need a proper organism). Psychics do have their own form of devices to enhance them (PF's Crystal technology/magic, WB3's devices, WB9's system, DB2), so it isn't unheard of.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Is this a nefarious plot or are you just looking to "Freaky Friday" a couple of your players?
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Astral Projection, the Human Mutant Psionic from Transdimensional TMNT, had this as a possibility.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

There's an Earth Warlock spell that permanently transfers the Warlock's essence into a golem (or tree, or a few other things). But in that case the receiving body is inert until animated by the Warlock's soul which discards his flesh body.

That might give you something to work with.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Khanibal wrote:Is this a nefarious plot or are you just looking to "Freaky Friday" a couple of your players?

It's a little bit of both. This "macguffin" could be used to body swap for humorous effect or to create a situation where a character is deprived of his physical body & identity. It's permanent until reversed by the same device/spell. I'm using it for a character known as the "Body Thief, an ancient sorcerer who has extended his life by stealing younger bodies & then disposing of his old one. If no such magic has already been created I guess I'll have a crack at devising the spell.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Mack wrote:There's an Earth Warlock spell that permanently transfers the Warlock's essence into a golem (or tree, or a few other things). But in that case the receiving body is inert until animated by the Warlock's soul which discards his flesh body.

That might give you something to work with.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Soul Transfer might do. Level 15 Soulmancy spell out of Megaverse in Flames. Limited time with option to apply permanency.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Armorlord wrote:Soul Transfer might do. Level 15 Soulmancy spell out of Megaverse in Flames. Limited time with option to apply permanency.

Thanks. That sounds like the very thing.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”