List of Psionics?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pad300
Wanderer

List of Psionics?

Unread post by pad300 »

Ok, Roanoke Croaton, has kindly made us all a list of all the invocations/spells, viewtopic.php?f=39&t=59335, stickied at the top of the forum. Has anyone done the same for psionic powers? If so, can you please provide a link?
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: List of Psionics?

Unread post by 13eowulf »

I tried to do this on two separate occasions. I got through maybe 4 books before giving up.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

pad300 wrote:Ok, Roanoke Croaton, has kindly made us all a list of all the invocations/spells, viewtopic.php?f=39&t=59335, stickied at the top of the forum. Has anyone done the same for psionic powers? If so, can you please provide a link?

I don't think anyone has, though it probably depends on what you expect for psionic powers.

If you are talking general psionic powers, it should be easy enough to handle. However if you include OCC/RCC/PCC/racial restricted psychic powers that would become a lot more difficult.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

I usually just use Psyscape as reference to categories and powers in most MD games.
Nightbane and Beyond the Supernatural get referenced for modern-ish games.

As for classes, I haven't had too much trouble outside of using the Rifter index to track down some outliers.

Racial options, that seems like it would be a bit overwhelming to collate.

Edit: Outside of class/race, you don't see nearly as much expansion to Psionics as Magic gets. Even counting PCC/RCC, still outnumbered handily. Which is fine overall, not everything needs mass expansion. Though there are some fun niches that could get filled still.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

To echo what 13eowulf said.
I too started on a project to do this.
Once I had gotten to a dozen or so different lists of psi-powers, with dozens of instances of powers being minor in one book and master/super in another I canned the project.

For the curious there is (that I can recall off hand):
Animal (animal)
Animal (ISP)
Class specific powers
Ex Miscellanea (other powers not in any neat category, and stuff that is Just Plain Weird)
Firewalker
Healing
Hydro-Psionics
Martial (Conversion book)
Mechanical
Mind Bleeder
Physical
Racial powers
Sensitive
Super/Master (is that one category or two?)

with the maybe psi maybe not of depending on how you splice it but still use ISP:
Chi-Gung (China)
Energy Magic (Mechanoids)
Phase
Martial Arts (China)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”