Dimensional Envelopes & Pockets - and death

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dreicunan
Hero

Re: Dimensional Envelopes & Pockets - and death

Unread post by dreicunan »

Mark Hall wrote:Ever notice how many arguements devolve into pissing contests about vocabulary?

Well, I don't know that "pissing contest" would be the most apt term to describe the situation. :D ;)
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

dreicunan wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Ever notice how many arguements devolve into pissing contests about vocabulary?

Well, I don't know that "pissing contest" would be the most apt term to describe the situation. :D ;)

I don't think it counts as a contest if only one group is competing and the other group wants to find some other means of resolving differences.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The D-pocket spell enchants an object.
It does not create a magic effect that is not tied to an object which the magic net and CoA do.

Magic Net and Carpet of Adhesion and Dimensional Pocket are all tied to objects.

They are all magical effects.

A pocket is created, a carpet is created, a net is created.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Myrrhibis wrote:What happens to the contents of these, if the casting mage dies?

Does there suddenly appear a bunch of crap in the middle of the road as contents are disgorged, or are the contents lost to a random dimension, & may or may not be seen again?

Got your answer. I'm at the Open House and just asked Kevin. I read your question to him verbatim and he said in his mind, he envisioned your example of the contents being disgorged on the road, BUT, he said it could also go the way of the contents lost to a random dimension... He said it's ultimately THE GM'S DISCRETION.
Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

Jack Burton wrote:
Myrrhibis wrote:What happens to the contents of these, if the casting mage dies?

Does there suddenly appear a bunch of crap in the middle of the road as contents are disgorged, or are the contents lost to a random dimension, & may or may not be seen again?

Got your answer. I'm at the Open House and just asked Kevin. I read your question to him verbatim and he said in his mind, he envisioned your example of the contents being disgorged on the road, BUT, he said it could also go the way of the contents lost to a random dimension... He said it's ultimately THE GM'S DISCRETION.

Thank you very very much for asking him!

My CO-GM & I shall ponder...as the PC in question still has a bad habit of wandering off on his own.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Myrrhibis wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

Thank you very very much for asking him!

My CO-GM & I shall ponder...as the PC in question still has a bad habit of wandering off on his own.

No problem. Glad to be of assistance!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Jack Burton wrote:

Telepath confirmed, I hope you are registered with Psi-Net.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”